"So you're in love with a Narcissist" more from great blog!

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 3 - 1AM
TLSM
TLSM's picture

"So you're in love with a Narcissist" more from great blog!

Here is another link from alexandra's awesome blog.

http://alexandranouri.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/so-youre-in-love-with-a-n...

Here is my favorite excerpt from link. She talks about narcs traits- how to spot one.
Hilarious!!!
Who here can relate?!?!

"If he broke it off with you, sucked you back in, broke it off with you, sucked you back in, broke it off with you, and, when you resisted his sucking you back in he REALLY turned on the charm and pushed all your buttons and did everything humanly possible to suck you back in until you caved and you were sucked back in, and then he broke it off with you, he’s very probably a narcissist.

Apr 3 - 10AM
jen79
jen79's picture

LOOL thats too funny

If after sex you have the vague, persistent feeling that you should have been paid for what just took place, he might be a narcissist.
Apr 3 - 10AM (Reply to #14)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

Jen79

Isn't she hilarious? There are some good ones. I'm glad it made you smile!
Apr 3 - 6AM
onwithmylife
onwithmylife's picture

TLSM

a wonderful blog, thanks for sharing it, i was dumped more times over 15 years than I can cunt and always went back hoping it would be different THIS time , what a laugh!!!!
Apr 3 - 12PM (Reply to #12)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

onwithmylife

I'm happy you liked it! I went back too many times also. Never again. PS -better edit your error for what you meant to write count. LOL! Haha! Made me giggle anyways!
Apr 3 - 5AM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Wonderful

I went & read the whole blog. Who is this person named Alex? Absolutley no information about the writer. Alex has got it down. Really, sarcasm is the only way to deal wiuth these Ns. If we take Ns seriously, Alex's tongue & cheek responses are how it would sound. In fact, I used to "validate" my N. "Yes. I understand. Because you love me, you threw 5 pounds of sugar all over me & the kitchen. And, yes. It was so WRONG of me to be upset and even consider to end this relationship when you were threatening me with violence after the sugar stopped raining. Not good of me to exploit your 'abandonment' anxieties. Absolutely right to be pissed off because I wanted to see some people on Christmas day, rather than to sit at home alone while you organized your books. And, spot on, we should get a divorce because I do not want to go the midnight Christmas mass with your friends after we attend the 4 o'clock Christmas eve service with them as well. (And neither you nor I are religious.)" His response: "I am fed up with your irony." Me: "Sweetie. I am just validating you. You say over & over that I do not validate you." He told me I did not know how to have a conversation. That is, I was supposed to REPEAT what he had just said, BEFORE i responded or commented. And, comments which differed from his original proposition were not acceptable in a conversation, or dialogue. "Yes. We have no bananas." Was an appropriate response. No wonder I felt crazy when I left there. Seems the same thing happened to this Alex person writing this hysterical blog. Go read it.
Apr 3 - 6AM (Reply to #10)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Sarcasm-the best weapon!

Gypsy Rose Lee famously said that the ONLY way she could deal with her N mother was to treat her as the object of humor. "Sarcasm is the only way to deal with these Ns"-How true! Whenever I've broken NC, it's to mock the ex-Psych prof, topped with sarcasm, and the irony is the frosting on the cake. He HATED HATED being mocked. The "I am fed up with your irony" sounds like something he'd say. During one of the arguments of the final D&D, he was having me repeat what he'd say, and I'd repeat it with OBVIOUS sarcasm and probably with some eye-rolling. At one point, I was sighing sarcastically, "I'm sorry I'm human. I'm sorry I have feelings." I got tired of apologizing to him constantly for declaring my love, so I was throwing it back in his face big time. "Comments differed from his original proposition were not acceptable in conversation or dialogue"-The ex-P would freak out during the Q&A session after his lecture. His MO in class was to get people to agree with him... which usually didn't work. During the final D&D, he'd accuse me of not listening or taking him seriously because I DISAGREED with him. "I was supposed to repeat what he said before I responded or commented"-The ex-P INSISTED on that in class. I think the last straw for HIM was when the senior skit mocked him for the first time. His cherry got popped like a blushing bride on her wedding night when he got ridiculed in the senior skit for the first time. Usually, he stuck around for the senior skit as long as it didn't mock him. After the final D&D, he was the OBJECT of ridicule for the first time. Of course he RAN OUT....
Apr 3 - 6AM (Reply to #9)
onwithmylife
onwithmylife's picture

FOR AGNES MURPHY

you are great and I know you are way too smart for the EXNarc you were with, that is another reason it was doomed, you stood up for yourself, for shame!!hahahhaha
Apr 3 - 2AM
ImStrong
ImStrong's picture

I ride with this chick..shes

I ride with this chick..shes bad..in a good way :)

"In the fiery pit lays a man with two faces.One is the face of a God and the other a face of the Devil.Beware He lurks your souls.Keep one hand on your heart and the other hand over your eyes. Let him walk pass you not into you.Ghost of love will possess

Apr 3 - 2AM (Reply to #7)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

do you really? nah!

She is amazing. I think she should come over to our house!!!
Apr 3 - 1AM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

TLSM

She was really fantastic...I read the first page, I need to go hit her archives but she was good! The only issue I had was with the last article? I agree that the first step if you are with him, focus on HOW to leave him, make the plans etc... BUT I think it is important to understand how his mind works because we have the CD which makes us think there was stuff we did to bring it on, because of the brainwashing, the mindgames, the gaslighting, we really are convinced of all their bullshit and take it personally, we do take on that blame...we ask: "How could he" we think: "I am unlovable" we personalize their rejection as somehow making a statment a LEGITMATE statement about our worth and value more so than I think one might in a normal breakup? WE WERE ABUSED. AND so in understanding the WHY this happened we cold not have prevented it...he's sick I think it's easier to detach...that's just my take. I mean that kinda forces us into a there is no hope, there is no fixing, there was nothing we could do, we were targeted...that is the fact..and once we understand that, then we stop beating ourselves up, AND for some, I think some of the hate goes too because if someone is sick, you know to stay away, but you also don't hate...you detach. If you're sane you own the facts and believe the thousands that tell you he's incurable, he's sick, he's dangerous and you step away and start healing.
Apr 3 - 2AM (Reply to #2)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

I want to read it

Would you post link? I'm a little slow to find it! Thank you.
Apr 3 - 2AM (Reply to #3)
Anonymous's picture

TLSM

If You click on the link you posted and scroll all the way down...the last article is the one I am referring to.
Apr 3 - 2AM (Reply to #4)
TLSM
TLSM's picture

maybe I am tired!

If its post from above, scrolling all the way down are comments made by guests. Above that is the sarcastic, hilarious narc traits. Sorry I'm slow tonight.
Apr 3 - 2AM (Reply to #5)
Anonymous's picture

Nah...I'm obviously more tired than you...

What I did was select HOME then there are a slew of articles that appear. That's why you couldn't find it...I forgot to add I clicked "HOME" at the site... I cut and pasted the text not the title cause it wouldn't let me into a pvt message so it's in your box whenever you're ready. Hugs!