Something I never thought I'd do and meeting with an old friend

1 post / 0 new
#1 March 30, 2011 - 1:20pm
ABC0311
ABC0311's picture

Something I never thought I'd do and meeting with an old friend

I’m trying to move on with my life. I went to my first Junior League meeting on Monday. Something I said I wouldn’t do, but now I think that it will be good for me (hopefully!)
I had brunch with an old friend on Sunday, she knew I was getting divorced from the narc but didn’t know the full details. She worked with him years ago.
It’s strange how things that I thought that only I noticed, were really not that surprising to her. I told her “You know, I know this may seem surprising since he did graduate from law school… but he’s really kind of, well, lazy.” She laughed and said that she definitely noticed from working with him before. She was amazed with how he kept his job and wondered how he got away with everything that he did.
She also told me how, she never would have told me at the time since we were married, but she hadn’t realize just how ODD he really was. He used to have the strangest conversations with me about being the center of attention and being “on top of his A-game”. Apparently, he had those same ones with her.
I feel slightly more validated. I just didn’t realize it was apparent to anyone else. I really used to always feel like I was trying to hide how strange he was so we could look like a normal couple.