"Sick" Victims

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 11 - 6PM
justicejones
justicejones's picture

"Sick" Victims

I have a question for all you ladies in Narc-Recovery land...

How many of you, when you first started your recovery, or perhaps still find or have found yourselves feeling:

That you wish your exN would still seek you out?

That the fact he has moved onto another woman, causes you jealousy that he has chosen to use her or finds her as a source of supply now, that is better than you?

Though it is sick, it validated your worth that he still sought or seeks you out as a source of supply?

When he hasn't or no longer does seek you as supply, you are depressed or disappointed, wondering what he sees in the OW, that he doesn't see in you?

Do any of you think that Narcs have a sense of which source is more convenient for them and "less work" to secure?

Do you ever find yourself comparing the situations between you and the OW, and think, "Hey, I provided him with this and this and that. I was better in this way or that than the other woman, yet he is still staying with her?" This situation could also be that the OW has given the same ultimatums and taken the same measures as you, yet the Narc works harder at securing them as sources...making you feel worth less to them?

Do you think that the Narcs have a "scale" of worth to them that they compare their sources of supply to and even prioritize which is more important to them?

These are some thoughts I came up with as I was reflecting on my recovery...some feelings I used to struggle with early on and thought they may make a good discussion; wondering if any other victims felt this way?

Mar 13 - 8AM
neverlookback
neverlookback's picture

who knows and who in the hell cares

I pondered all that too of what you are asking, why didnt he choose me, why is he still with this same woman when he initially wanted us to have a life together, if he was such a good loving caring man would he be cheating on the side on this woman, that we KNOW is NOT TRUE, he is NOT a man of honor or his word. Is she the love of his life? ha ha ha NOT hardly In my situation she was there long before I came into the picture, he probably has her right where he wants her and why spoil a good thing he has a woman that caters to his every need and he can cheat on with such ease. Was she better than I was in any way? NO NO NO, she is nothing more or less than I am. Let them ride off into the sunset together for all I care, what I do know is this He is betraying her WORSE than how he betrayed me she has given 10 years of her life to this man, loves him and he is off wanting orgies with other women and men SHE CAN HAVE HIM and all the sick crap that comes with him. I really feel quite sorry for her as she works every day comes home to this man thinking she is sooooo loved and the SOB sleeps with other women in THEIR BED mind you. She lives with a sexual predator. I really think we need to remember that WE had the strength and wisdom to GET OUT and who cares is a psychopath has a supply that means more to him, REALLY? I want this man to think I am awful supply because I am not an object from Ace Hardware by leaving him I told him I was HUMAN and will never tolerate someone treating me like that.
Mar 12 - 7PM
daisyme
daisyme's picture

justicejones... on "sick" victims

I've been both the OW and "current" W in my exN's life. Classic lifetime backup/current supply. His timing was impeccable. He always knew when to contact me just as his marriage/relationship was ending. In my experience, I think they do have favorites to fall back to, especially, when that person is so blinded by love or the illusion, that she is a gift that just keeps on giving. However, N favorite = convenient, ego-stroking supply. My exN became worse over time. He honed his finely-tuned N skills and has gotten away with so much that he will stop at nothing to exert full control and superiority. Lies, maniuplation, and crazy-making evolved into violent rages and physical abuse. I provided him with everything imaginable over the years. Yet, it was not enough. In the end, he moved the OW in to the house that we were living in (and that I paid off) while i was out of town. No closure, no explanation. He was done and erased me. My reward for being a loving, devoted soulmate and "favorite" of an N for 14+ years? No place to live, over $100,000 out-of-pocket, and emotional devastation. I still miss him and struggle with the exact same thoughts that you are having too. What has helped me is to realize that they are so empty and messed up inside that they eventually devalue and discard every single person they enter into an "relationship" with. The OW - like others before and after her - has an expiration date. Supply, instant gratification, power, and control - that's their drug. They really are at the center of their own f**ked up universe. Him being with the OW (ultimatims or not) has absolutley NO bearing on your own worth, beauty and value. staystrong! /d
Mar 12 - 1PM
fooled no longer
fooled no longer's picture

stop thinking this way it

stop thinking this way it will take you down. Start telling yourself what an amazing survivor you are! be proud. Scratch him out hes less worth than a piece of dog shit.
Mar 12 - 9AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

JJ

I think that what you are feeling is how their sick mind want you to feel, Its part of their distraction. We honestly have no idea how many women they have destroyed one by one. It makes me sick that you should question what your rank is. Your rank is a 10, a perfect 10. What he thinks ,screw it. He on the other had is a big fat loser "ZERO". Please realize he is sick and he cant think like a normal person, Mine is silent too, be glad it will just rustle your feathers and cause a set back. Hugs Idealk
Mar 12 - 9AM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

I think some of the pull

on wishing he'd come back or whatever has to do not necessarily with "ego" but basic human expectations that exist when you "believe" you were bonded with someone? The numerous reports of "lack of closure" creates a total lack of validation and explanation... And I think that somewhere in our minds, their return would somehow indicate and comfort us that no, this was all a big bad dream...this wasn't real... Because I think we are left in shock when all of it hits the fan and we wonder...how the hell? What the hell? Oh hell?... I think that is the root...the lack of closure, answers, the realization that we gave everything, bared our souls, were open and it was all one great big make believe in our head and we struggle mentally with the CD...
Mar 12 - 7AM
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

I have to disagree with

I have to disagree with everyone and say that I do think they have their "favorites" for whatever reason. In my case I think I was a "favorite" in that I think I reminded him of a time when he was less "sick" and more normal though he was already suffering symptoms of the disorder. Now that some 20 years have passed I am able to see how much it has progressed. If you knew them when they were young I think you stand a chance of being a "favorite" in that they equate you with a time of their lives when they werent in so much turmoil. I also think a "favorite" could be someone with exceptionally good looks,accomplished and in possesion of lots of things.
Mar 13 - 1AM (Reply to #24)
justicejones
justicejones's picture

Sick of it...

I would have to agree. I was with my husband when he was "less sick" as well. He still had something wrong with him and i did see red flags, but he just hadn't honed his skills quite yet. I think with each new victim they get worse and worse. I believe that I reminded him of a more "innocent" time. I shared in a lot of his firsts. When he left four years ago, I heard a lot from him that first year...though he was thousands of miles away. As his relationship with the OW got more cemented (and dysfunctional)I no longer heard from him. I wasn't so convenient, I was many miles away, and I expected him to tow the line, where she didn't, or if she said she did, she didn't enforce it. I also appeared to my ex husband that I was getting along well, accomplishing things and moving on. I think that this not only was what attracted him to me in the first place, and later on threatened him. He was extradited back to our state for criminal non support of our children. As he was in jail, he wrote me several times. This is four years later...he proclaimed love for me and acted as if we could pick up where we left off. This is with him being remarried with new children as well. He got out of jail and roped me into "helping" him out. He texted and called all the time. I gave him money, rides everywhere, listened to his pleadings to take me back, calling the OW crazy and that I was his soulmate and that he could never love anyone as much as I. I never relented to taking him back, just felt guilted into helping him out as the father of my children. He went back to his state and now things are back on with the OW. Mind you, she wrote me one month after he went back, telling me she was done with him, asking for information as him being an unfit father etc...at this time they were off, but now they are back on. I have heard nothing from him since. Thank God. He has found someone weaker, I guess. Sometimes, I feel that she is his favorite because he keeps going back to her. She was the one he hooked up with when he D&D'ed me after being together and married nine plus years to me. But now I think it is because she keeps taking him back, even after she threatens she won't. I think he knows just what to say to get her to give him more chances, whereas with me, he knows the doors are shut or that they would take a lot more effort to crack open. I am sure though that when all supply dries up or when he is back in my area and the OW is inconvenient, I just may hear from him again. These N's don't like to work at it and I believe they go after what is easiest for them. I required a lot from him, when he wanted me to take him back...and back then, he had no other sources to turn to but his parents. But of course they don't provide all the sources that the N needs, like us women do.
Mar 13 - 11AM (Reply to #26)
loveofmylife
loveofmylife's picture

Just visualize "THE BLOB"

I saw all the red flags 25 years ago, but he has gotten more refined and subtle with age, and he is consuming victims at a much more rapid pace. He eats them so quickly through his seduction. So let me treat you all to a good visual to help get through this. Remember the movie, "The Blob", where the Blob consumed its victims and ingested them and therefore became bigger and bigger and started consuming more and more victims??? Well, this is how I picture him now. Through the years he seduces more and more victims at a more rapid pace and destroys them emotionally, which in turn refines his manipulation techniques to an art and he can consume even more victims and HIS EGO (although it is subtle) gets bigger and bigger which each victim he is able to seduce! And as you say, he is looking for weaker and weaker victims as the years go on. He standards seem to be lowering each time. Just like the BLOB consumed the weaker victims first, the ones that couldn't run.
Mar 13 - 1PM (Reply to #27)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

LOML

That is freakin hysterical! the name "The blob" so appropriate in your case LMAO!
Mar 13 - 2PM (Reply to #28)
loveofmylife
loveofmylife's picture

soi

it is even more appropriate given the name of this thread...I think you know his full name....Blob S**K. Miss talking to you... My chest is tight again every day...for about the last month I feel like I'm on the constant verge of a panic attack. When will this ever go away!?? It is terrible when they pull out of your life so suddenly and with no normal closure... the size of the massive gap in your heart and body. I just feel like I'm missing a HUGE part of myself....
Mar 13 - 2PM (Reply to #29)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

Call anytime sweets! Dont

Call anytime sweets! Dont know if you read but I had a huge attack of hives this past week from head to toe. hmmm wonder what caused that??? any ideas???LOL
Mar 13 - 2PM (Reply to #30)
loveofmylife
loveofmylife's picture

omg. It is crazy the

omg. It is crazy the physical damage these relationship do. I have had now about three years total of all kinds of physical ailments from the mixed messages, confusing behavior, push/pull, dr. jekyl/mr. hyde. Thinking he is my soulmate for my entire adult life, to thinking I've never been manipulated by anyone like this and questioning whether he really was using/ manipulating me...or was I just not understanding him properly. And not giving proper "credit" to our unusual circumstances. Our bodies are an intricate balance of chemicals that the behavior of these guys, once we are brainwashed, can wreck havoc on.
Mar 13 - 5AM (Reply to #25)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Ns not liking work....

The woman who replaced me was a curator who gave up her job in LA to live with the ex-Psych professor. Maybe she was weaker than me, she had made a major sacrifice to be with him- leaving her job, going to another state to be with him. Maybe she was a Narc like him-and yes, sometimes Ns/Ps end up together. They don't always prey on normal people for companionship. "He has found someone weaker"- The ex-P would always talk about how strong I was. There's a documentary called "The Siege" at http://www.snagfilms.com/ and it's all about how a revolutionary group held the Japanese Embassy in Peru hostage. The ex-P would talk about how the revolutionaries freed the elderly women because they were weak (that is, the elderly women were the weak ones) and how he wasn't going to let me go. I represented a challenge. Not only that, but I never did date him or have sex with him. "The Ns don't like work"-The ex-P would call me a poltergeist. Poltergeists are psychic forces rather than objects that can be toyed with. On shows about the paranormal, people can have EVP sessions with ghosts- but poltergeists don't feel the need to explain themselves, for the most part. They'll throw things-and not say why. "He had no other sources but his parents-they don't provide all the sources the N needs like us women do"- A decade ago, I read that the ex-P's parents had moved in with him to raise his kids. I think he's one of the few Ns who prefers his parents. He loooved his father;his father might be the only person he respects. After all, the ex-P failed with me (a woman) and an openly gay professor who was probably a boyfriend (a man). He couldn't even make it work with another man... and I think he preferred men.
Mar 12 - 7PM (Reply to #20)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

I wanted to add to this that

I wanted to add to this that there are some of us that get deemed as "life time supply" which I believe is indicative that you are a "favorite" I think I have been deemed life time supply. I cant tell you how many times the Narc purposefully used the word ALWAYS. he said I will ALWAYS love you. I will ALWAYS be a part of your life. He told a friend many years ago. She is mine and when I want her I will come back for her and he made good on it. So yeah I definitely think they have their favorites. Just like I have a favorite flavor of ice cream. I think some of their supply makes them "happier" than others. I think to a certain extent that they have supply that is somewhat sentimental to them just as a car or any other possesion would be. They have certain things that they keep for life and other things that they discard and truly dont ever want to see again but their favorite secondary supply sources they save and put up on a shelf to save for a rainy day the others just get thrown away.
Mar 12 - 9PM (Reply to #22)
ImStrong
ImStrong's picture

Sick of it

But is it good to be a favorite? My narc favorite was and is his best friend who is a girl..she is a walking doormat and his personal paparazzi..sometimes hair dressser and im not shocked d?ck sucker too... They may have a favorite but that "favorite" usually means the "weakest" Let me explain...if a narc leaves supply for another supply..the newer supply is usyally weaker..more passive and easier to control..in other words weaker..which is good supply Now if one supply is branded as life long or "always" that means that that supply has exceeded in being the perfect doormat and or weaker supply..easier to control and to a narc he/she would love to have that person in there life to feed and control.. I personally am flattered that I dont fit that weak bar and that my narc said to me the total opposite..which was "i never" can be with you..which use to urk my nerves before ..but now it shows I was not easy too control and I am not the weakest ofthem all..i was not a "favorite" So yes I do agree that narcs has favorites im just glad it isnt me...

"In the fiery pit lays a man with two faces.One is the face of a God and the other a face of the Devil.Beware He lurks your souls.Keep one hand on your heart and the other hand over your eyes. Let him walk pass you not into you.Ghost of love will possess

Mar 13 - 6AM (Reply to #23)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

No! as in Narcville

No! as in Narcville everything is upside down and opposite. In our world the term favorite has a positive conotation but in Narcville its quite the opposite. I dont know really why they have favorites. I do know that it has to do with weakness and how much trauma you may have suffered with them that they can play on. I think really its a combination of many things but I do believe they have their favorites and I have got news for him. I am done being a favorite. I am done. I will not survive a another round with him. I have realized that he is nothing but pure toxicity.
Mar 12 - 7PM (Reply to #21)
strongerthanever
strongerthanever's picture

I believe this to be true.

I believe this to be true. I've witnessed it with my exN. I am most likely NOT one of is favorites since I was the most verbal to his family and "friends" and approached the women that didn't know I existed or knew but didn't care. There is an ex gf of the N's that he has known for almost 20 yrs that he still calls and keeps in touch. Yet, 4 yrs ago when she married her 2nd husband, and around this time he told me that she confessed to him that he loved her fiance but was more in love with his daughter and he thought this meant she wanted him, she didn't call him to tell him she married him. He found out when he was emailing her to get a job reference from her and noticed her last name changed on her signature. And months later, we found out when they got married. It didnt sit well with him since he ALWAYS thought they were BFF's. He reached out to an ex gf while with me in 2008 that he knew for 10 yrs and havent talked to in yrs. Now she is friends with his mom on FB. These women were clueless on his private activities or he wasn't that sick back then. But, he did lie to them, was glib, did cheat on them with another favorite. And another he called in 2009 after 2 yrs of not speaking to her and this is the one he didn't tell I existed for the first yr we dated. She ignored him but I later found out she did reach out to him months later. Whether she fell for his charm again, I don't know. These girls are his favorite because they reply with such enthusiasm and say "love you" and think he is a "great guy". If they only knew the truth and opened their eyes. And many of these favorites are married or engaged.
Mar 12 - 8AM (Reply to #19)
alittledark
alittledark's picture

Deep down I am hoping that SOI

I think that's why I am so bent on saying the opposite of how I truly feel, because deep down I am longing to be favored by my ex-n. (Crazy, that I should even care about that.) I just want to think that there is something in his heart or mind that differentiates me from the other women. I knew my ex-n back before he went to college, back when he shared his dreams and passions with me about what he wanted to do with his life. He admitted even then that all he wanted to do was travel with his camera. He was so sweet, gentle and caring and like Michelle said, he never really ever d & d me, just sort of abandoned me. I wish magically, he would just wake up one day with his brain "fixed", lol, and my only request from him would be closure...then I could mourn his loss, and be able to move on and do the right thing. I do miss him, but I want something real. Thanks Justice for starting this topic.

I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.
--Helen Keller

Mar 12 - 7AM (Reply to #18)
Anonymous's picture

Sick of it...

Yes perhaps a favorite but in the end...still a toaster...that's the downside... There are many different models of toasters but the emotional depth is about the same...in fact, they might even take better care and nurture a toaster more!
Mar 12 - 6AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Yes, I have gone through this

I think we want what we cannot have, even if what we cannot have sucks and is awful. Just human nature I guess. The notion that they may be treating someone else better can be horrific to us. I tortured my X for months over the fact that he bought his X a nice engagement ring and I got a piece of crap, so there you go. I want to feel like I am the most important to my man not second fiddle. He swore it was because he was on drugs when he was with me and she bought the ring herself, which she admits to, however, it still irritated me big time. It still does if I think about it. I was brought up by a Dad who favored my sister and treated me like I was a piece of furniture to be sat on when he needed it. I think it created a feeling in me that I still get to this day when a guy treats me like crap and I hear that the OW has a better deal than I do. Or so I think: and that is the big issue here, this is what we often think. I don't believe it is true. A man who treats you as poorly as this one did you, is not going to be capable of treating another much better for any length of time. It's just an act. Trust, intimacy, and all the good qualities in a relationship take time to build and they take a man who is not a self serving, addicted, crazy, PD. Also, obsessing about all of this, will drive you nuts. I thought about the type of things you are speaking about for months with various narcs and it gets you no where. The bottom line is that they are lousy partners and the relationships don't work anyway. He probably feeds into her stuff because he is getting older now and is an ex con, and has blown his bridge with you and he is just pacifying her until he gets what he wants and will shortly go back to his old ways. These men are con artists, manipulators, liars, players, and spiritualy corrupted. NOONE is getting a better deal or considered better in their eyes. This is all a game for them, it's all about getting their needs met. Try not to lose site of this when you get on these emotional roller coaster rides in your head. I have been there and the only one who gets hurt by all that thinking is us. I want to start a topic about this and get some feedback from the other members and to what they have done to quiet the mind, and stop the obsessing. Justice, for me that was the biggest problem in my recovery, to stop thinking these negative thoughts in my head about how I was not good enough, or what was he up to now, ect... you know the drill and it sucks. I'll post that now and see what we get for responses, for me exercise, praying, support groups (Alanon is good) and things of that nature have worked. Goldie
Mar 12 - 5AM
Happy1
Happy1's picture

My Narc hasn't been hoovering

My Narc hasn't been hoovering for a while and I'm sure he has someone else. It's not easy to think about, but I know I don't want to do any snooping around on facebook, etc. to see anything that will send me spiraling into a depression. I think it's best to not know what they are doing. Focus on ourselves as hard as that is. It's a true adjustment after devoting every day for years with the man you loved. It's hard to turn the focus on ourselves and learn to love us. One day at a time! Happy
Mar 12 - 4AM
MandyM
MandyM's picture

It took a very, very long

It took a very, very long time for me to stop wishing that he would come back. I was insane with jealousy over the floozy he took up with not long after me, especially because she was unattractive and immature and trashy. And insane with jealousy over the women he chose to keep in his life as friends, because he spent so much time talking to me about how much they annoyed him and about all the things he couldn't stand about them. I would look at said floozy and the friends and remember how he always complimented me and feel destroyed that THESE were the women he chose over ME, and it made absolutely no sense. My ex never, ever said or did anything to belittle or demean me, so his sudden abandonment came completely out of the blue with no warning before or explanation after. I had no idea what had happened. I believe now that he left because I stopped letting him silde on things - standing me up, not calling me, not following through on anything, and then the few times we did talk afterward, I refused to accept his "What? We're still friends" when I asked what had happened and kept pressing for an answer, saying I deserved one. I was holding him accountable for his actions. He didn't like that. A part of me still misses him and wishes he would come back, and is still jealous of the women still in his life, I have to admit that. But I also know my life is much more peaceful and happy without him in it - it was chaos when he was here. That wishing and jealousy will go away in time.
Mar 12 - 5AM (Reply to #11)
Anonymous's picture

MandyM

Yes...I identified with: My ex never, ever said or did anything to belittle or demean me, so his sudden abandonment came completely out of the blue with no warning before or explanation after. I had no idea what had happened. I think that was one of the biggest things to try to understand... BUT what I find interesting is that in my case he picked the same type of woman you describe and it kinda "fuels" me...makes me feel better while for you it made you feel worse... Not saying which is healthy...shoot nothing healthy about any of this darn crap!!! But do you think maybe you could articulate why it still bothered you when you could clearly see that he went a step or a number of steps DOWN from you?
Mar 13 - 8AM (Reply to #13)
MandyM
MandyM's picture

Why It Bothered Me

Simple - at the severe risk of sounding "narcissistic" myself, I was better than she was. I was more attractive, I was much more classy, I had it all together, he HAD me, and yet he chose to reject me and take up with her. It was a huge blow to my ego. THAT was what he wanted? TRASH? TRASH was actually better than ME, as far as he was concerned?
Mar 13 - 10AM (Reply to #14)
neverlookback
neverlookback's picture

I felt tIn same way

I had many more things then she had, not to say she is not a nice woman hey for all I know she COULD be trash, I do know one thing though Miss MandyM she clings to him so tight and watches his every move, in fact if she plans a shopping trip or an outing with her friends that is out of town she tells him like 8 hours before she goes probably so he doesnt have much time to plan anything when she is gone, she is by his side 24-7 and never wants him out of her site. SHE DOES NOT TRUST HIM, geez I wonder why. I dont blame her for her behavior but in a way it tells me she just HAS to have a man in her life, is she not strong enough to KNOW its not a healthy relationship? She has been married twice now she landed herself a psychopath, geez way to go honey. I have seen picture of her she is cute enough but I am much prettier and classier that she is also, Try not to make sense of it because you will never figure it out, my counselor once told me that he would never have a woman as myself for his partner because I am too strong he probably has her so trained and worn down that she clings to him desperately for any sense of self that she has left. Its a fact she is there because he WANTS her there, trust me if he didnt want her he would dump her to the curb without a blink, so she is probably easy, trained, supply for him whereas maybe you and I would NEVER NEVER tolerate living with such a man with such a disorder. Also I have seen his cheating side, I am the one he cheated with, it would never work, he knows I know he cheats I COULD NEVER TRUST HIM and I know all his tricks and lies and the lies he has told her on the phone while with me. It has nothing to do with looks, class, not really it doesnt mean that you were never good enough supply for him or that this other woman had so much more than you did, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT things like that. She is just an object maybe she just works better for him because he is more comfortable with this type of toaster than us a pretty, newer model, ha ha I dont think they want their women stunningly gorgeous anyway too many other men would be hitting on them and maybe offer them more than what he ever could, who knows, I dont have the answers I wish I did Mandy. He is 6'2 and his girlfriend is 5'3 I mean she looks like a midget next to him, I have a tall slim frame, 5'8" - it didnt make sense to me either - I try not to wonder why wasnt I good enough I focus more on how SICK the SOB was to not SEE HOW GOOD I WAS. ;)
Mar 13 - 6AM (Reply to #12)
OnlyChild49 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

A Step Up or So It Seems!

Looking at my former N guyfriend and what I know of his new gal, I see someone who is BETTER. What is that about???She's more educated, has a better track record (widow of 40 year marriage), is more social than I was and I suspect better able to handle life in general. Handling him will be a challenge. He told me once he gets lots of "hits" on Match, eliminates many, then narrows down the selection by looking in their eyes. If I remember accurately, he also said he targets them. He's very good with words - both written and spoken and giving lots of attention. I'm rambling, but the last couple of days have been rough as I have been missing him. Didn't do anything about it. My fear is if the current RL doesn't work out, he might contact me and I know what he is, but still have that "feeling" sometimes. Grrrr!!
Mar 12 - 2AM
alittledark
alittledark's picture

I think they think they are Kings

and we are loyal subjects. No matter how they d&d us, they probably think in their self-serving egotistical minds that all the women they have brainwashed are pining over them, but they don't have a favorite. They are like Nomads who want to zap emotionally hungry women on their heads with their magic "love spell" creating volumes of "worshipers" to keep them feeling like they are some sort of Kings. I don't know, but it just seems to me like in their minds no matter how we really feel about them(and maybe they know our longings better than we do ourselves, lol)... they think all the women they have "wooed" will fall at their feet when they happen to call upon them.

I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.
--Helen Keller

Mar 11 - 11PM
ImStrong
ImStrong's picture

Justicejones

"Do any of you think that Narcs have a sense of which source is more convenient for them and "less work" to secure?" Its not that complicated girl....its like if you was dating two men and one man gave you more attention than the other..youll choose the guy who satisfies what you need to attend ..either sexually..emiotionaly..or comercially..fake..theres not much of a scale involved..just small one on who makes you feel better..especially when your down..the narc is always hurt and sad inside..just like if you had a bad day..they just have that bad day everyday..and need anyone to fill it everyday If it makes you feel anybetter the ow is secondary supply..he really doesnt want her just like when he didnt want you because where all secondary supply for them..the final and last result....why..because when the outsde world says narc f off or f u freak...or simply doesnt feed the 24hour narc attention that they literally need..i mean literally they need attention around the clock from anyone..even a bumb..then theyll pick you or the ow..it really is very simple and exactly the way it works Narc depend on the world because its ever changing..fun and dynamic..you dont know what will happen next..in attention revolving them of course..they dont know if the president might ask them specifically to come have tea or sleep with his wife..thats how fd up they are..they beleive they can have the first lady.and probably take the presidents place.. Or if kanye wants to hang out with models..and the narc specifically has been invited to party all night.. You see justice there highly delusional and refuse to knock out of it or have there big narc bubble popped..thats why we was part of the fairytale..to them we wasnt real..with any emotions only interchangeable and there for them like Kanye..the president and his wife.. Sounds silly right... But beleive me when I say we was the last result for supply..it really was nothing personal. I mean how can you beat kanye and the prez...you cant right..well thats how they think.. The ever changing big huge world has somuch for them specifically that a winney..annoying woman cannot please or give..unless theres no constant attention being given or if the narc never meets kanye and his models or the prez and first lady..we become so call primary when the real primary the world gets to real and natually pops the narcs bubble.. When naturally the world says hey youll never meet kanye or beyonce and you sure will never sweep the first lady off her feet like you did those poor women you call gf or wife or ow... We rewright history for them..we the secondary supply the last result..we make them feel special around the clock because where gf now or wives or baby mommas..whatever it is we are there..constantly to feed them attention and to call them our man..which makes a narc feel like cloud nine..we accept them and rewright history..so they dont have to face the real world dissapointments and truths..where the perfect coverup..or bandaid..for all the tiny narc problems...until we become too real also..thats when new secondary supply the ow comes im..notice Jones I said Secondary not primary..shes not primary and will never be..the exciting world comes first.. When you take off your "I got a ego" glasses and see what these guys do to all of us not just you..youll say "ohhh loser"..it took me a while to take off my "I got a ego" glasses too..and envied the ow also.. constantly asking why..now theres no why just a you..turn the attention of you being primary to your own needs and dont worry about what the pesty narc is doing..hes probably creating another corny dream.. Xx Imstrong

"In the fiery pit lays a man with two faces.One is the face of a God and the other a face of the Devil.Beware He lurks your souls.Keep one hand on your heart and the other hand over your eyes. Let him walk pass you not into you.Ghost of love will possess

Mar 11 - 9PM
Anonymous's picture

JusticeJones

Thanks for asking some thought provoking questions...they're really good I think... I'll take a crack... That you wish your exN would still seek you out? In the beginning absolutely...I really didn't have an idea what his problem was until I started reading so yes...I yearned for a reunion...I can't quite explain, as the more I read, the more I became aware and made connections to all the things he had done throughout? It was harder for me because he was really really subtle but I always did feel as if he "had his ass up on his shoulders" so to speak and the irony is...no doubt about it...I WAS THE ONE SETTLING...just in terms of Education, Background, Ability to support myself independently...don't get me wrong...I'm a pauper bar none but haven't had to have a man up in here to help me make the rent no matter what...culture, poise, polish...yes, I can curse like a truck driver but I can also make my way into upper echelon circles "undetected" whereas...with him...he wasn't strkinkly "low class" but he lacked genuine "polish" Despite all of that...I thought I was looking into his "spirit" or his "soul" and none of that stuff really mattered to me? I'm just making note of the dichotomoy between the reality and how he was able to successfully distort it just by his "huffery puffery" grandiosity which in reality is far from earned...I mean aan ex crack head? Okay 18 years clean but WTH was I thinking...the only thing changed is he doesn't smoke crack and/or steal...the rest...still a con artist! But yes, early on before I knew all that I know now....yup! AND I am so glad I found this board.... That the fact he has moved onto another woman, causes you jealousy that he has chosen to use her or finds her as a source of supply now, that is better than you? NO! Actually I only recently learned that he found my replacement probably moments after the sheets cooled down...he was in hot pursuit of trolling which is what led to the breakup...BUT A. I saw her pic and she looks wasted, used, I hate to sound harsh but there is a "look" that drug abusers get even when they're done using...they could be clean as a whistle...but some, not ALL get this hardened look on their face? That is what she looks like...now, I'm 43 but I look okay for 43 - there are many that look much better than me, and many that look worse...BUT I'm okay with my looks so when I saw that it kinda boosted MY ego some...in fact being a "witch" in one of my missives I said something like: I no longer hate you...I pity you because I think about what you have to look at first thing in the morning and I laugh...it gives me pleasure...and you know what - it does because he is so damn VAIN and grandiose that I think the only draw is that she is "caucasian" - we're Latino...It might have killed me if he was in bed with a Cindy Crawford...but I think he has an issue with his own color/ethnicity and so this is part of that "image"...actually I'm mixed...I"m all three...latino, black and white so I have 'em all shades in my family but for him...being "full blooded" latino and being raised in that culture and knowing what I know about it...his family was racist...had a thing against african americans...so his sister went one extreme and went with what we call "blue black" but complexion wasn't the issue..she rebelled and tried to find the most ghetto thug she could find to boot, whereas with him because of "image" I think he tries to find as close to Albino he can find to get the "approval" to make up for what he feels is inadequate...he married a caucasian lady and I wasn't too impressed but for him...I hate to say it, it seems like yes, "race" is another thing to do with it...Gosh I wish I could send pictures so you can SEE what I'm saying...the fact he's with a white woman isn't the problem but it is evident that he doesn't care what type of "white" woman he's with...sort of "JUST BE WHITE!!!" almost in desperation? I hope I'm being understood here...because these things can be soooo misintepreted. Okay, what I'm trying to say is that I CAN SEE that for him, this woman, whom he's chosen and he has a previous history with a white woman...he married one...it doesn't seem like he's with these women for "love" or "companionship" or a "soul connection" and I know he DID NOT HAVE THAT WITH ME EITHER...but it's almost like he'll play with "women of color" and use them up AND he will do the SAME with a "WHITE" woman? BUT I believe he will MARRY a "WHITE" woman even though his narcissism has him secretely HATING her ABUSING her and all that other good stuff...DEGRADING HER...still not seeing her as ANY BETTER...but he will marry her because of the image the "WHITE" woman creates for him. Which to me...that is really pathetic and disgusting which really helped screw MY head on straight! Cause to me, that is just vile. Though it is sick, it validated your worth that he still sought or seeks you out as a source of supply? I got caught up in that conundrum at one point, then I got wise and sent him a farewell letter that I just posted today...again, once I understood about Narcissism what I was dealing with more was the PAIN of just being so hurt by someone I loved...but at the same time they disgusted me so it took away the yearning for his return...I wanted him to make an attempt for MY EGO so I could reject him...but in reality, once that lightbulb went off, that was it for me I was totally turned off and disgusted by him...I didn't hate him...he just made me feel slimey for having been with him? Like enough soap couldn't wash him off me? I really feel in a way like I look down on him...it's like now towards him, I can be just as narcissistic? WITHOUT one ounce of second guessing or guilt. I don't go out of my way to engage...he's in his corner I'm in mine but I truly do see him as a nothing, a crumb, and I'm almost at indifference although somehow there is still pain but it's not overwhelming at all, I can deal with it and I can feel it dissipating...hard to explain - he's still in my head but I don't know exactly on what level or what status he holds...definately not my prince... When he hasn't or no longer does seek you as supply, you are depressed or disappointed, wondering what he sees in the OW, that he doesn't see in you? NOPE!...not at all...what he sees is supply, image, a perfect doormat, half the rent, free Effing, laundry, cooking, cleaning, food shopping, bill paying...you know LIFE MANAGEMENT duties...uhhhh and yea...the F-Bomb because that is exatly what it is to these jokers... Do any of you think that Narcs have a sense of which source is more convenient for them and "less work" to secure? ABSOLUTELY and intially they like the chase so they go for the challenge because that feeds their ego, then when they get busted, to take a breather and improve their image they find a doormat who takes abuse so they can front that they can actually have a "functional" relationship...of course this is all B.S. its just that she's a better doormat but she serves HIS function which in a way is to spite the old supply and "show her" that it was HER who was dysfunctional....I've read a number of articles which say they for some reason tend to titrate down when they've struck gold with someone of a higher calibre then they are...remember...what they "love about you" the most is what they "really hate" about you and envy you for...they go for the doormats for a breather so they can start up their games again...it's a drug rush...a game. They're addicts...in EVERY Sense of the word...no diffrent...even if they've never touched a drug... Do you ever find yourself comparing the situations between you and the OW, and think, "Hey, I provided him with this and this and that. I was better in this way or that than the other woman, yet he is still staying with her?" This situation could also be that the OW has given the same ultimatums and taken the same measures as you, yet the Narc works harder at securing them as sources...making you feel worth less to them? No...I know I did it all and I know I did it well, and I doubt very much that this particular one can top me...in fact, I am so freaking possibly OCD, unless she is, I doubt many can top me...I am a perfectionist and that is something I need to work on...I'm not anal retentive...but I"m very driven and it's a result of my childhood...in fact, even if SHE's competent...I'm so much a perfectionist I could proably make her look like she can't find her way out of a paper bag without GPS...and that is not an attack on HER personally - it's anyone he could pull because in my case, it was a "pity" pull but the reality is he will NEVER find anyone that comes close to me and I know that because of who HE is...and what I settled for. AND this isn't arrogance speaking...this is really accepting the facts and working on my self esteem and realizing MY worth and I am lucky that those things came back as soon as they did...or I should say that I actually freaking found them cause I was low in those areas but I feel good about me even though I still have a lot of healing to do...Gosh I'm writing alot but this was good for me...THANK YOU JUSTICE!!! Do you think that the Narcs have a "scale" of worth to them that they compare their sources of supply to and even prioritize which is more important to them? Yes, I do and it's all tied to who can be the BEST doormat and feed them endlessly... These are some thoughts I came up with as I was reflecting on my recovery...some feelings I used to struggle with early on and thought they may make a good discussion; wondering if any other victims felt this way? They were great! Thanks! I think I'll even sleep better tonight getting this out! Hugs dear!
Mar 13 - 1AM (Reply to #7)
justicejones
justicejones's picture

Michelle-

I really enjoyed reading your "processing". I feel the same exact way. These are the same things that I thought of as I was thinking up this topic to discuss, hoping that someone else processed it all out as I did. You put it all out there eloquently. I think the others mistook my post as asking for help, whereas I was just thinking of it as merely a discussion topic. These are things that I really used to struggle with and as you mentioned somewhere in this discussion, that it still hurts a little, but not in the same way. I feel like there is such a more controlled handle on my pain...it is much reduced by the knowledge I now have of the subject. Thank you for putting it all out there for others to read and relate to!