I am pissed off!

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feb 20 - 2PM
Happy1
Happy1's picture

Yes, I remember the rage and

Yes, I remember the rage and anger stage. I had it over New Year's. It's part of the process and it's one of the stages for recovery. It's good to be angry because it keeps you strong. I prefer anger over sadness any day of the week now. You will see though that it gets better. Just hang in there and try to distract yourself with something today. Big Hugs! Happy
Feb 20 - 4PM (Reply to #14)
sara-smile
sara-smile's picture

Happy

I distracted myself by running! I put on some great music about healing and being strong and I ran my rear off! I'm glad to hear this is another step to recovery. I'm ready to have my life back! Hugs to you too! Sara
Feb 20 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Sara

I yelled at you on another post with Exhausted, Know the praise, rock on Sara! Everything you are going through is very normal! It just sucks get it out, It really is a process! A big suckie one! Why because you are dealing with someone who is abnormal. Any you Try to make sense out of this doesn't work! The only way to get better is to suck it up stay NC and in time you'll be in Vegas partying like a rock star! You frame of mind today is ok! Hugs and love Idealk
Feb 20 - 1PM (Reply to #8)
sara-smile
sara-smile's picture

ideal

I'm glad it's normal because I feel like a lunatic today! I have no desire to contact him or talk to him because I'd probably knock the hell our of him! Or torture him or run over him with my car!! I'm not going to so again nobody panic! He's not worth sitting in jail for! I use to think he was but now I realize it's just not worth it. I guess that is some growth? I hope to be partying like a rock star soon Ideal! Maybe when I get my head back on straight and we can get Exhausted to get her head back on straight we can all have a big rock star party in Vegas! Have a safe trip back! Hugs and love to you too! Sara
Feb 20 - 1PM (Reply to #9)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Sara

I suggest you go back and read some if my old posts and happy 1 were in your spot a few months back! It will make you feel better! I'm off to blow some cash! Idealk
Feb 20 - 2PM (Reply to #10)
Happy1
Happy1's picture

ideal

Doesn't time fly? It seems just like yesterday having this anger stage and it's been a few months now. It's good that we are all healing and know that each of us go through stages for recovery. Play Red! Have fun! Happy
Feb 20 - 7PM (Reply to #11)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Happy

Now you tell me! I'm broke!
Feb 20 - 8PM (Reply to #12)
Happy1
Happy1's picture

Ideal

Darn it! The night is young though. Give it another go! Go red baby!!
Feb 20 - 1PM
prettypeeved
prettypeeved's picture

You'll make new plans as time

You'll make new plans as time goes by. There's nothing wrong with being angry. I've hit the gym repeatedly and just flung weights around in fury. Gets some looks, but it works :-) Let yourself feel the anger and don't bottle it up. As for them getting a taste of their own medicine, my narc tried to split me from my partner, and simultaneously tried to split another guy from his partner too. Narc Boy has ended up, ultimately, with neither. We've all rejected him. Sure, he'll find new supply sooner or later, but right now he's well and truly licking his wounds.
Feb 20 - 6PM (Reply to #6)
alittledark
alittledark's picture

lol I'm the homemaker gone mad

I clean house best when I rage about all he's taken from me and have broken a few dishes along the way (not meaning to)....but yes, I get some good workouts here at home doing step aerobics while punching my fists and yelling at his absent body.

I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.
--Helen Keller

Feb 20 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
sara-smile
sara-smile's picture

Pretty Peeved

I've put my headphones on and hit the road running and it makes me feel better too. I get so mad while I'm running that I talk to myself and I know people in my neighborhood think I'm crazy! "Look! There goes that crazy lady again running down the road cussing and talking to herself" HA! I'm glad to hear one of them got what was coming to them! I know that sounds cold but it just feels like because of their capability to have ZERO feelings that they never suffer for any of the pain they inflict on others! Thanks for encouragement! I'm just having a bad day. Tomorrow will be better. Sara
Feb 20 - 2PM (Reply to #3)
Scoop
Scoop's picture

"Look! there gose that crazy

"Look! there gose that crazy lady again running down the road cussing and talking to herself " ....lol .. i swear people must have thought i have escaped from the mad house last summer i was riding my bike like a woman posessed around town , not going anywhere in particular just riding and cussing and talking to myself .xx
Feb 20 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
sara-smile
sara-smile's picture

Scoop

Didn't it feel great Scoop! HA! I cuss him while I'm running like he's standing right in front of me! Crazy crazy! As long as it gets us through keep riding your bike and cussing!!!! Sara
Feb 21 - 1AM (Reply to #5)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Sara

Yes, get angry! This is another necessary part of the recovery process. It is essential to our recovery. I LOVE to work out when I'm angry. It gives me so much energy and fuel to power through my workout. I like to run, kickbox and lift weights. Kickboxing is the BEST when I'm angry. My kickboxing instructor always tells me it's obvious that I have a distinct target in mind when I'm working out. Many of us do not realize just how powerful a force anger can be. When anger is used to motivate us to make life changes that promote our emotional well-being, it is positive. However, when we express anger through aggressive or passive-aggressive means, it is negative. Anger can motivate you to make needed changes in your life or it can make you emotionally and physically ill if you hold it in. It can empower you or it can kill your relationships if you take your anger out on someone in the wrong way. Instead of being honest and acknowledging their anger, many people shift blame, project and abuse others. I believe the way you handle your anger affects all of your relationships, including your relationship with yourself. Many of us are so afraid of anger that we direct the anger inward at ourselves instead of expressing it outward. Others take their anger out on innocent people. Anger externalized can lead to violence, while anger internalized causes depression and health problems. Please do not be afraid to process your anger. Do not hide from your anger. You must recognize it as a signal that there is a problem that needs to be resolved. We become angry because there is an issue of some kind that requires our attention. In my opinion, anger is like an internal alarm system telling us something is wrong. To ignore it is dangerous. Research tells us women who do not acknowledge anger or do not process anger in a healthy way are more vulnerable to health problems. Rates of diagnosed breast cancer are found to be higher in women who have never openly expressed their anger. Do not repress your anger. Acknowledging your anger is the first step in releasing resentment and ultimately allows you to move on. Cruel behavior or abusive remarks from others should not be tolerated. We have a right to be angry when someone hurts or insults us. It is a threat to our emotional well-being. Anger is the emotion that alerts us that something is wrong and causes us to finally take action. Do not ignore it.