momoya's story

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 3 - 3PM
momoya
momoya's picture

momoya's story

Thank you for your blog and for allowing us all to share our stories...this is my story.

My Narc appeared after 20 years of no contact. We we were sweethearts and he contacted me on a local networking site and asked how I had been. I noticed he was married so I kept it very brief but mentioned I still had the ring he gave me. He was very happy to hear that I had saved it and asked me to send it to him. I did so. After getting it he sent me a simple email " No letter?" I had just put the ring in the box, no letter. I did not respond. I saw on his page pictures of his wife and there wedding photos. I did not want to engage with any married man, especially if i was not friends with his wife. About 4 months past and I was going through a very difficult time. The BP oil spill actually. It was a very hard time for so many people especially people that make their living from the gulf waters. It was devastating watching oiled wildlife die and I live right on the water so I had a front row view for months, and months. During this time I deleted some "friends" on this networking site, he was one of them. I wanted people to care, to check on us and I deleted a bunch of people at one time. He contacted me 2 days later, no one else noticed. He asked why I had done that and said he just wanted to be my friend. I wrote him back and explained very honestly why I did it, and although I didn mean to hurt his feelings, I don't have any kind of relationships with married men. He wrote back that he was divorced and not married and wanted to talk to me badly, had wanted to find me for nearly 20 years, had thought of me for 20 years. I wrote back that I was sorry to hear he was divorcing and that it was a very hard time for me too, maybe we could talk after all. He was all the way across the nation from me, I didn't see the harm in just talking to him. I sent him my phone number, and my phone rang within minutes. I decided not to take the call immediately. He called again.

After we began to talk he was very excited to speak with me and he was almost elated. He told me that I had always been his "dream girl" and that he wanted to get my email address. He began to write and call me everyday. After just 2 weeks we were talking as often as possible. I told him everything about my life and he said he couldn't believe I was single and not married. He told me he never stopped loving me, dreaming of me, fantasizing of me. I had not felt this way about him, and had not thought of him over the years, so I was cautious to jump into something with him so soon after his divorce. I told him so. I told him I had reservations. He said his ex wife had cheated on him, and I told him I thought he needed time to heal. He said he had waited so long to reacquaint with me, how could I not see how much he wanted me? I still hesitated. He was intense, it was a whirlwind. He sent flowers. Soon a cell phone showed up at my house after I told him that we could not talk as much since he was eating up the minutes on my phone.

Soon we were in a long distance relationship. I thought we could just take it easy, long distance requires a lot of communication and I already had 500+ emails in my inbox. We had fun on the phone and would watch the same movie together. After the oil spill depression I was happy for the escape. But something inside me did not feel right. He soon started saying he wanted to come visit me. This is not even a month after we started talking. I told him it was too soon. He kept asking.

He said he wanted to meet my family again. He remembered everyone. He said he wanted to ask me a quesiton he always wanted to ask me. "Let me come visit and take you away for a week" I refused. I didn't want that. I didn't trust it. My best friend, a guy friend of 15 years, heard about this and cautioned me. "You are going to get hurt. I can't let you go out of town with him. You don't know who he is, it's been 20 years, you really don't know him." I told him he was being over protective. By this time I had become accustomed to talking to him and having his attention, and after the devastation of the oil, I was happy for the first time in a very, very long time.

He kept asking to come visit, he said he wasn't rebounding. He told me to trust him. "Just fall...I am here for you." he told me. I eventually agreed to let him visit. He wanted to meet my family and asked me to set up dinners. I told him to not pull any surprises and ask me to marry him or anything, as that would not be good. He said he " I won't ask you..on this trip" He would make strong hints that his intention was to ask me to marry him one day. I told him that I have never jumped into any relationship this quick, and would not agree to marriage, to which he said "we can have a long engagement". Everything he said to me seemed to indicate this man had been waiting for me for 2 decades. He was charming, flattering, funny and easy going on the phone. We set the date for him to visit me.

He arrived and we embraced in the airport and it was magic. I could barely concentrate on driving as we left the airport. It was love. I was smitten with him and he was just as I had remembered him to be. I was basing everything I knew of him off of the him from 20 years ago however.

He could not keep his hands off me. I wanted to give it time before we slept together but he totally put the moves on me and we ended up in bed within a few hours of his plane landing. The passion was overwhelming to me. The first few days we stayed in bed, snuggled up and ate in bed and made love over and over. He asked me to make dinner plans with the family and we all had dinner in which he was nice and conversed with everyone and they all just loved him. They asked him what his plans were and he said after he retired he wanted to find me where ever I was and be with me. He impressed them all.

I went back to work during his visit and when I came home he was different. He was very different. He was on my sofa and very cold all of a sudden. I thought maybe he had a bad day. He had his own room for his things and he was in the room alot, staying away from me. My gut told me something was off big time. I had no idea. I tried to talk to him but he remaind aloof and cold and distant, he said that he was dealing with leaving me in a few more days. We still had 4 days left together so I didn't really understand this. I gave him some space and ignored his behavior. The next day I came home during lunch time and he was much the same, still distant. Every day up until then he had told me he loved me, multiple times a day before that day, now that all stopped. All the affection stopped. I asked him again what was wrong. "This is me!" he yelled. "This is who I am and how I deal with things. Sorry if you don't like it." He was suddenly mean. I asked him if this is how it would always be? when I came to visit him would he do this 4 days before I was to leave? He just replied " Maybe". I was confused.

When I came home from work that night I had a gut feeling that there was another woman. I am not the jealous type. But this feeling was SO STRONG. I just felt like he wasn't being honest with me. I had a strong feeling, and I decided to peek into his phone. I realized that during his visit he kept his phone in the other room but I would hear it ring and see him go check it. I never asked who called, I didn't know him that well anyway.

That night I looked in his phone and he had 76 messages from his ex.I started shaking. I opened the 1st one and she was begging him to go to counseling with her, begging him to talk to her, "baby please you are killing me." My heart started to beat fast. I didn't open the other messages, didn't have time. I decided to read them all the following night. I wondered why his ex wife would be asking for counseling if they were divorced? seemed very strange to me. That night I wanted to see where his head was and I asked him if we would be having sex, he replied
" I only do that when I feel like it". I noticed that the last time we were in bed together when I looked at him, in his eyes during, I told him I loved him. He lost his erection within minutes and rolled over. He never spoke to me, and went to sleep. It was horrible. I didn't want him to leave with that as our last sexual experience.

But his treatment of me was never the same again. Maybe it was me telling him that I loved him that did it.

The next night I went into his phone and pulled up the messages. He was to leave the next morning. Almost all of the texts were now deleted. I though that was odd. While I had his phone in my hand, she called him. The ring tone was a song that should not be on his phone when his EX WIFE called! I was upset. I found a few messages on the phone, all of them appeared that he was speaking with her regularly and that she was pinning to have him back. I pulled up his call log and it showed he spoke with her 2 days in a row - 20 to 30 mins for each call. That was while I was a work the past 2 days. My gut was right. I decided to ask the questions I had wanted to ask.
He was in my bed reading, it was late. I sat next to him and looked at him directly and I asked him if he was being %100 percent honest with me? his reply "yeah" no eye contact. I said again" are you sure?" - yeah. I said why is ____ calling you still? "Because she is crazy." he said. I asked if had talked to her and he said no. I knew that was a lie. I asked him what the state of the relationship was and he said it was nothing now. He wanted to know why I was asking. I told him everything. I told him I felt he had not been honest with me and I looked in his phone. I decided to lie on the spur of the moment and said ' And I talked to her.' He freaked. He got up out of the bed - it was around 11pm. And he grabbed his phone he went up and got in the shower and then packed his suit case. I asked him to talk to me. He lectured me that I had betrayed his trust, his privacy, and that I had severe trust issues. He was leaving, right then. I couldn't stop him. I thought maybe I was wrong, maybe I had it wrong. He left in the middle of the night. Told me not to contact him, that he would contact me if he felt like, at some point later on. But I was not to contact him until he decided what he would do. He was very mad at me. I was shocked, confused and not sure what to believe.

Weeks went by. No phone calls. My emails unanswered. I couldn't stand the silent treatment. I wrote to him that I felt he was punishing me, and he could just as well end it. My phone calls went straight to voice mail. I just wanted him to talk to me. But he would not reply.

I was going crazy just wanting the truth. He finally sent me a short email that it was over "due to my actions" and that maybe he would contact me again at a later date and we could discuss it but since I didn't trust him, he felt we had no future. He told me not to contact him. He deleted me from the networking site. I noticed however that he added his ex the same day. This really alerted me. I decided to do a back ground check on him.

I found out he was still married. I was devastated. My family asked about him, I could not bring myself to tell them the truth. I found out he went right back to his wife. I did not contact him. I tried to move on. I had to get counseling. My cousin contacted his wife and told her everything in a very brief email. She never responded.

3 months later I recieved an email on the networking site that asked if I knew (his name). I said that I wish I didn't and she responed that she was his Other Woman and had found my info in his phone. She told me everything. Not only was he married while he was with me, but he was also with this other girl. She relayed so much and said that she had also contacted his wife and that he had lied to all of us. He lied about so much even telling wildly strange stories about his job, even said he suffered from severe depression. But he never told any of that to me. She said that he would have her travel to come and have sex with him when ever he wanted, and she also had believed he was divorced. Their relationship had lasted 7 months and went on during the time he was trying to get me to fall for him. His wife had cheated on him, and he threatened her that he was going to "go out and find women to make them pay for what you did to me".

I felt he hurt me on purpose. I was right. I decided to write to him to tell him everything, to confront him with the truth. I wrote him a long email. I asked him why he would do it all? what is the purpose? how could he be so mean to me and punish me when I had every right not to trust him. He only responded that the other woman "was crazy" and he didn't care what I thought. He then called the other woman and yelled at her for contacting me.

Another month later I got an email from him that he was recieving anonymous text messages and he didn't know who they were from. He was angry and just wanted them to stop. Turned out he had another girl, much younger this time, who he pulled the same routine on. I learned his wife finally kicked him out. It seemed he lost all his supply sources all in just a few months of each other.

I am sure he is out on the hunt now looking for somone else.

I found info on Narc's and I feel he is one! I hope I can get past this pain soon but the way they come into your life and promise so much yet only provide hurt and pain, is so hurtful. I have learned so much and I hope it will make me stronger one day. I will never, ever date anyone again from my past. I will never let a man come in to my life again in the same way as he did.

Dec 7 - 3PM
momoya
momoya's picture

the ring..

in regards to the ring. He did bring the ring with him on the visit and gave it to me when we were getting ready to go out. He said he wanted me to wear it around my neck, but I didn't agree to that. Instead he slid it on my keychain. This ring was a military ring, very large and it would not fit my finger. It was more of a promise for furture plans...a someday ring. The very next day is when he changed and became a cold and distant shell of himself. Looking back now, I can see that he was withdrawing from me in a BIG way, and may of even of been trying to pick a fight to use as a reason to break things off with me. Although he took any comments or questions as me "trying to start a fight". He could not deal with direct communication or direct questions.He could not handle or express anger in a healthy way. He could not look me in my eyes, and I noticed that, and told him it bothered me. I asked him to look at me, and he couldn't do it! We were sitting on the sofa and I wondered what was going on. (Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde!!) He told me that it bothered him that I put it all on him. He purused me so intensely, acted as if he waited 20 years to find me, wanted me to love and trust him completely and then dropped out of my life. It was just so unnecessary, so purposefully hurtful, I wondered what he got out of it. Now I understand Narc's - I see he got what he needed from me as supply, everyone is temporary in his life. Once I began to just scratch at the surface of his lies he became unmasked. I will never forget him telling me " How DARE you question my character!!" he was so insulted that I thought him be a liar. Lecturing me on my "trust" issues. He is a sick, twisted and cruel man. I am lucky it did not go on longer. I am thankful for that!! momoya

momoya

Dec 5 - 10AM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Psychopath

This man is a psychopath. No conscience. No empathy. manipulative. Operating upon layer upon layer of deceit. And, he's serial in what he's doing. Committing the same acts, saying the same lines. Psychopaths have a hynotic quality. This is what you describe in the airport & in all that sex. And, you were vulnerable & depressed when he located you as a potential victim. And I like the, "Don't contact me. I'll contact you." And after you 'unmask' him as a liar, & he storms off angry, that's what they do . . . enraged when they are caught. And why did you keep on contacting him? You fell for the manipulation. He became the victim of your distrust. When you were dead right about him. Liar, liar, pants on fire. One contradiction here you have not noted & which is a dead give-away: He wanted the ring back. If he cared for you, he would have wanted you to have the ring. You had one month on line-phone & one visit. You have been horribly used. But, thank heaven, it was so short. This sort of abuse could have gone on for years.
Dec 4 - 11PM
aceonelady
aceonelady's picture

momoya....Sorry you have

Sorry you have gone trough the NARC EXPERIENCE....I know is very difficult to get it with your head and heart,is like seeing an apple climbing on a tree instead of falling from it...Please read my story ,and from others,so you see why we feel hurt and confused like we do ....is because we are Normal and they sick and disordered....Is not what we did or did not....Hope you hang in here with us so you can start healing,this is NOT a small injury,we need to stick together...HUGHS

Aceonelady

Dec 4 - 9PM
ACgirl
ACgirl's picture

Sorry you had to go through

Sorry you had to go through this, but that is the kind of pain a narc brings. It is all to familiar too us here on this site. My narc told me I was his soul mate and we talked about marriage. Yet while he was telling me that he was making future plans with a bimbo half his age and also flirting with his soon to be new "supply". He had a few women all going at the same time. Who knows actually how many he had. I was afraid to see his phone. I was afraid to find out the truth, so I got what I deserved. Good for you for finding out. You did the right thing!! Sometimes I sit back and wonder how the heck they get the nerve, but they do. When I read these horrible stories from wonderful women like you, I realize how important it is for us to band together and be strong. xoxoACgirl
Dec 4 - 8PM
I don t get it ...
I don t get it I just don t's picture

OMG both of you 20 years later

Here I am feeling sorry for myself tonight because I'm alone, and worried that he will contact me after four months of not seeing his face, and four weeks of NC at all. And you two got it again after 20 years! What is it with these guys?
Dec 10 - 11PM (Reply to #3)
gettinbetter
gettinbetter's picture

make that three of us

Momoya Omg girl. In my situation it is me who is married and he is not The airport thing omg it was the same for me. It was like something out of a movie but there was no sex. Just talk that he still loved me that he always had. How we were just young back then. That it was all a mistake. That he wished he would have stayed with me. How glad he was that he was gonna get a second chance. That he would wait for me for as long as it takes. blah blah blah. I know for a fact that he had ever intention of carrying this on for years just by some of the things he said. I have spoken to him in 2 months and he hasnt tried to contact me but I have no doubt that in time when the dust has settled maybe a couple of years from now he will resurface. I will never even give him the time of day again. never. When he came back to see me. I went to his hotel and of course it started and the same exact thing with the E D so f ing weird.
Dec 3 - 5PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Join the Club

I'm sorry you were Narced! I'm The married one here. My N contacted me after 20 yrs too. Kept pushing for a relationship. He left me in June. Move on. Love yourself. You did nothing wrong. Feel sorry for his wife. Hugs