desprathousewife story

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 26 - 9AM
desprathousewife
desprathousewife's picture

desprathousewife story

Hi everyone,

All this is completely new to me, up until a week and a half ago I didn't even know what NPD was. Unfortunately I found out the hard way along with probably most people here.

I'm not sure where to start so I guess I'll start with how I met mine. My 18 year marriage ended 5 years ago and after dating a few men, met my n on a night out in my local town 18 months ago. I'd seen him around over the years and would catch him looking at me and found him very attractive, he'd been asking my friends about me so I knew he was interested, so when he made a play for me I reciprocated. A girl I knew vaguely came over that evening and warned me he was seeing one of her friends but when I asked him he swore he was single and said this other girl was obsessed with him, that he'd dated her a while back and they had finished months ago. Of course I believed him as I'd seen him out a lot over the previous weeks and he had always been with his male friends and they even confirmed this on that evening, so I was shocked when this woman attacked me while I was talking to him by coming up behind me and dragging me away by my hair. Luckily the fight was broken up and I just had a chunk of hair missing. The following day the girl in question actually came around to my house to apologise, begged me not to see him as she was still in love with him and told me he was a total B to women. Stupidly I ignored her warnings, especially after what she had done to me, so when he persued me all the following week apologising profusely for her behavior, I gave in and said I would go on a date with him (Grrr how could I have been so bloody stupid!!!!!)

Then obviously came the 'honeymoon period' which was wonderful. He gave me a set of keys to his house after only a few days, I met his mum, dad and daughter in that first week and things were just peachy. We had such fun together, nights out and in, weekends away, texting and ringing me constantly while he was at work, my lonely life had now become full of hope and promise...I was on CLOUD NINE!

For me the first sign of anything wrong came after a fantastic weekend away together, we'd been camping, packed our gear away and were off to a theme park. He gave me a map and I was in charge of giving directions. We came to a town centre and I couldn't decide if it was left or right at the upcoming junction....BIG MISTAKE, he lost it bigtime, yelled at me, speeded the whole 2 hour journey home and never said a word to me, then on arriving at my house, chucked my things on my front lawn and sped off and left me standing there in complete disbelief. I was mortified...what had I done to warrant such treatment? I waited for an apology but it was 3 days before he got back in touch. He never apologised but did try and ingratiate himself with me and as I'd missed him so much I decided to forget it.

I could write numerous things that he did after that, each time they would get a little more worrying, but I'll just cut to the final incident and save others for another time else I'll be here all day.

We had both booked 2 weeks off work and were going to go on a few trips away and to do some jobs in our houses together (luckily for me I totally kept my independence, we had talked about moving in together but thank goodness our houses needed work doing before they were saleable). I was SO excited, 2 whole weeks together. That evening when we had both finished work, we were going into town to celebrate and "I thought" we'd had a great night. He was with his friends and me with mine, we met up later and he seemed to be in a great mood, even had his arm around me, something he didn't usually do around his friends. We left the pub together and immediately his attitude changed, he started picking a petty fight, it was over nothing, then as I wasn't biting told me to just 'f**k off', I did, but when I got in the taxi to go home, thought how stupid the argument had been and went back to his house believing that by the time he got home he would have calmed down. Surely he didn't want to fall out with me, we had our whole two weeks ahead to look forward to? I let myself in, locked the door and went and had a cigarette before going up, putting my nighty on and getting into bed. Soon after he came home, he immediately started chuntering about knowing I was there as he could smell I'd been smoking. He made himself a drink and something to eat, all the time moaning away to himself, I thought I'd try and lift his mood, so when he started coming upstairs, I got out of bed and nipped into his bathroom so he'd think that maybe he'd been mistaken and I hadn't been there, but he heard me enroute, ermm I was trying to supress some giggling too. He stormed into the bathroom " wtf are you doing creeping round my house in the dark you stupid bitch" he spat at me. I was frightened now, I'd never seen him THIS angry before. I told him I'd go, but as I walked past him back into the bedroom he grabbed me by the throat and pinned me down on the bed. I tried to push him off me, he was scaring me bigtime now. His grip around my throat tightened and I watched in frozen horror as he pulled his other arm back and launched it straight at my face. I couldn't move he had me pinned down so tight, so got the full force on my cheek, it felt like my head was exploding but I didn't lose consciousness and had become hysterical at this point. He was growling at me to shut the f**k up else his neighbours would hear, I can't believe he was still so in control yet behaving like a monster. My face swelled up instantly, I couldn't see properly out of one eye, he must have seen the damage he'd done as he then started muttering about the police and decided HE was gonna call them, I didn't care what he did, he'd let me go and I ran to get my clothes and get dressed and get the hell out of there. I heard him on his mobile but was oblivious to the conversation, my only thought was getting out. I'd dressed and was hurriedly collecting my things when the police arrived, he let them straight in, they took one look at me, asked if he's done this to me and then when I nodded, immediately tried to arrest him, I say TRIED, he fought them like a tiger, they had to call for back up he was that strong. At last they led him out, I'd stopped looking, I couldn't bare to watch, and then I was taken to hospital for x-rays, they thought he may have fractured my cheekbone.

That was almost 3 weeks ago, the swelling has gone, the bruising is now minimal but inside I'm broken. He texted me 4 days after, it just said 'I still love you, sorry' xxx...yep, that was it, and then a few days later a longer one saying dont tell the police he's text (they've put a restraining order in place) he could go to prison amd lose his house, everything. He's not a bad person and he knows I'm not, I'm the warmest kindest person he's ever met and he's lost me. He never wanted to hurt me, he thought I was a burglar (WTF) He'd hoped we'd be together forever and would do anything to turn the clock back. He still loves me and is so very sorry for hurting me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He doesnt know I know but he got straight back with the ex who pulled my hair out and lives just around the corner from me. I know they are plotting against me, she saw me going to the woods I walk my dogs in a couple of days ago and he was waiting for me in the carpark when I got back, I just bundled the dogs back in the car and he sped off, I think he had the audacity to think I'g go and talk to him??? His court case was last week and he pleaded not guilty, it's going to trial in October. Now I've discovered what he is I'm living in fear, he must be seething inside and he has HER back on side to help him. I'm terrified of what they might do, hopefully until the court case is over they dare not breach it.

I can't eat or sleep at night, have constant nightmares. It's ALL I can think about, I'm still grieving his loss and trying to come to terms with him having never loved me after all I did for him, and to top that off he is back with HER. I've spent so much time, money and effort in this relationship, have been the best I can be and it's all been a LIE. The case is in the local paper today, I hid away after it happened so no-one except my close friends would know, but now EVERONE will know, they've named us and even given our street names. I can't escape it anywhere. It's with me as soon as I wake up, throughout each and every minute of every day and then with the constant nightmares, even in the little time I'm asleep. I found this website a few days ago after having read numerous sites about NPD, and have been reading all the stories on here, I'm desperate for people to talk with that have been through the same experiences, I guess I need reassurance that when this is all over he won't be so wracked with thoughts of revenge that he may do something worse to me or my family, can they MURDER under such circumstances? Unlike most on here the emotional torment is the least of my worries....for now :(

Aug 26 - 9AM
The Girlfriend ...
The Girlfriend of Dr Jekyl's picture

Don't Underestimate His Ability to Intimidate or Harm You!

So sorry for your horrible experience. I also have gone throught the similar type of situation. My pathological Narcissist/Psychopath looks like a beautiful man right out of a magazine...and acted like the most wonderful...and I mean MOST wonderful...man I had ever met. He didn't beat me...or show any signs of any ability to be abusive for well over a year into our relationship (read my story...if you want to, it may help you understand it is NOT about YOU, Sweetie...you did nothing wrong. You were innocent and being playful and trusting...you did not know he was even capable of such horror and abuse. These guys are fully capable of murder in the right circumstances...or when they are afraid of being exposed...or are in one of their many blind rages over nothing) Do NOT underestimate him. They are vengeful, plotting and can be very dangerous. It scares me, after reading that he was watching you at the park while you were walking your dogs...and unaware. That is a dangerous sign...it is also a form of stalking. They often instigate the assistance of others to help them keep track of their 'interest' as well (ie: the OW who lives around the corner from you)...and he has most certainly charmed the panties off her (omg...they are SO good at this with women and people in general...getting people to feel sorry for them...getting others to back them up and support them in their lies and stories...unreal how good they are at this!) DO NOT SPEAK TO HIM OR COMMUNICATE WITH HIM! Please notify the court/police about the park incident and keep a diary of this sort of behavior on his part so there is a record. You do not know all that is in his background. Please let your friends and family know what you are going through...and be sure the people who love you have his full name, ID, address, and as much info about him as possible. If possible don't be alone for a while. Better yet, is it possible that you stay with your parents or family or a friend for a few weeks? Don't believe him when he sas he still 'loves' you. These guys CANNOT love. I know this is a hard concept to grasp...an they can surely pretend a very good version of 'love' behaviors when they need to. But he is trying to manipulate you to change your story or drop charges...or not witness against him in court. Otherwise, he could care less...and most likely has a deep rage inside well hidden...towards you...as he is terribly afraid of the truth coming out about te 'REAL'...and very pathological person that he realy is. He is NOT the 'Prince Charming' he pretended to be... ...and I truly KNOW what a devastating experience this is. Be safe...first and foremost. These guys only are afraid of consequences (being found out)...otherwise, they care less about what law enforcement/court or authority thinks or does...they think they are above EVERYONE, and this includes the law...a restraining order is nothing to them...meaningless!...and just something that makes them angry...the only way it will work for you is for you to report every time he violates it by his communicating with you...or following you (the park)...Right now you are 'at risk'...and you need to take every measure and precaution to protect yourself. xo Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate!
Aug 26 - 10AM (Reply to #2)
desprathousewife

Thankyou

Cripes you've replied quickly, it took me almost 3 hours to put my story together. As soon as I've sent this I'm going to try and find your story, this site is so new to me I'm struggling at the moment. Hmmmm I was rather hoping I was wrong in my presumptions, silly me eh. I didn't report the 2 texts he sent, I was still under the impression I was dealing with a 'normal' human being who had made a terrible mistake in what he did, I thank god that googling domestic abuse inadvertantly put me in touch with narcissism. I thought at first he was a psychopath, but there were too many inconsistencies and then on looking futher the narcissist fitted PERFECTLY. I reported the carpark incident to the police on Monday, jeez I was so glad I did, the officer that came to see me is the same one who TRIED to arrest him. He wanted to arrest him again there and then but as he hadn't approached me he couldn't. He is coming to court to testify with me against him and has tried to reassure me that I will be safe and to ring them immediately if anything happens, but they don't understand the person they are dealing with. I found out that when he called the police after punching me, he told them I ATTACKED HIM...kinda contradicts the he thought I was a burglar scinario, so he's shot himself in the foot already and the police have seen the texts he sent and they will be used in evidence. All this just makes me MORE worried, he knows he's cornered, he's terrified of losing his job and credibility and if he can't find a way out I don't what he'll do. Luckily he has no idea I reported him to the police on Monday and he doesnt know I know he's back with HER. I knew immediately his first attempt would be reconcilliation as being his best option with the texts he sent. I've no problem with the NC, at the moment the thought of any form of contact terrifies me. I wish I could click my fingers and make him vanish from the face of this earth, his presence here is tormenting the hell out of me. I'm already taking every precaution, I feel like I'm going mad. My friends and family think I've lost the plot with all this talk of narcissism and the way his mind works. They are still seeing this as just a beating but it's WAY more than that, them or the police have no idea of what he is really capable of. I've just had 2 weeks off work, so there is no possibility of getting any more time off to stay with family, who incidentally are the other end of the country. I also have 2 children and 2 dogs at home to take care of (am not doing a very good job of that either right now) so am stuck down the road and around the corner from my adversaries. Some days I feel quite strong and am looking forward to hopefully making him pay for what he has done to me and him getting a criminal record at long last. I'm hoping that maybe he will think twice before he does this to anyone else in the future. But, he HAS done this before and got away with it. Suprising what you find out when it's too late, so therefore he hasn't ever been held accountable before now. This I guess is gonna make him more mad and I have nothing to go on from past experience as to why no-one else brought charges. Oh I hasten to add here, it wasnt me who brought the charges, it was the police for resisting arrest. Dare I hope that if, and it's a big IF, he still thinks he may get me to drop the charges that he will leave me alone? Thanks again girlfriend, I'm stiff from being on here for so long and need to attempt a few chores and a dog walk. Then when I come back I shall be searching out your reply and story. Hey, I've just thought of something funny.....at the top of this site it says 'it's all about him' ermmmmm for the past coupla weeks it seems to be all about ME, well thats food for thought? lol
Aug 26 - 11AM (Reply to #3)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

Wow...

I'm really frightened for you, sweetie. This is not meant to keep you in a state of panic, but I believe he IS capable of anything if he is desperate enough. And There was a case in recent years about a man who seduced and hoodwinked a young gal into murdering his girlfriend in cold blood. Now, I say you gotta have a screw loose in the first place for someone to suceed in talking you into killing someone. But this GF hes moved in with certainly fits the bill. He could be setting her up so that if something (God FORBID) were to happen then she takes the fall. This is already in the papers and everyone is aware of it, so he may be cautious about getting his hands dirty and doing something right now, 'cause he is already on the radar. Please be careful, but be proactive, too. Take some self defense courses if you can. Have an escape plan in place, if he does try to break in your house or whatever. Do report each and every attempt at contact he makes, and make it clear by your actions that you don't want any contact yourself. Give him no ammo in court. Above all, do expect him to be pissed and to try to hurt you some more, mentally and physically. And if GF tries to harass you, report her stupid ass too. "They are still seeing this as just a beating but it's WAY more than that, them or the police have no idea of what he is really capable of." Honestly, what kind of idiot sees a beating as, "just a beating!!!" Beatings are NEVER isolated incidents, and they NEVER occur just once unless the victim gets away after the first time. I think your family and "friends" need a little education from you on that one. And as far as police go, they do know what he is capable of. He just hasn't done anything else yet, so they can't get him for anything. Good luck, Honey. You CAN beat EVIL. You just have to be smarter than them and always assume they are capable and plotting at the moment to do anything.
Aug 26 - 1PM (Reply to #4)
desprathousewife

OMG

Now I really AM scared, this news story you are talking about is news to me, I live in England, we have heard nothing over here about it so he won't have either. I saw HER this morning for the first time since this happened. She came in my local shop after me, my car was outside so I know she knew I was in there, she can see the damned shop from her house. I was buying the local paper with our story in and she came in and did the same, if looks could have killed I'd be a dead woman by now. She knew we were together, I guess now I think about it it must have tormented her, seeing his car driving to mine a lot of evenings and then my car outside his house overnight a few times a week. WHAT THE HELL HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO? Please help, I also want to read yours and the girlfriends stories, but not sure where to find them? Thankyou so much for all your help both of you even though I'm now not just scared but TERRIFIED
Aug 26 - 2PM (Reply to #8)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

desparatehousewife

You can go onto the "share your story" section of this website and they will be all listed in order. Mine is under Shayna's Mommy's Story, although its not nearly as scary as yours, I had a few scary moments with my ex that made me wonder exactly what he is capable of given the right circumstances. I didn't mean to paralyze you with fear, I just want you to be on the lookout for things that don't seem right, and not to just dismiss them. I didn't know you were in the UK. I'm in the Seattle area, and this story I saw on a lifetime network show called, "Snapped." It was about this young, impressionable woman who got involved with a total pshycopath who seduced and somehow convinced her that his ex GF deserved to die. She tried once with a long range rifle, but backed out, eventually she broke into the poor woman's house and shot her close range. She went to prison, and so did the guy, but to this day he denies he ever put her up to it. Of course you are her tormenter, and her target. She should be pissed at HIM for playing you both, but since she's a bit looney herself, she's not going to see it that way. watch your back, girl and stay close to this board. Be sure not to give him any info about you, nothing he can use against you. Stay NC. And I understand that the law where you are can make it difficult to secure a small firearm for you to protect yourself with, so.... Maybe get a big monstor dog LOL! take care of yourself. write back, too
Aug 26 - 2PM (Reply to #7)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

desparatehousewife

You can go onto the "share your story" section of this website and they will be all listed in order. Mine is under Shayna's Mommy's Story, although its not nearly as scary as yours, I had a few scary moments with my ex that made me wonder exactly what he is capable of given the right circumstances. I didn't mean to paralyze you with fear, I just want you to be on the lookout for things that don't seem right, and not to just dismiss them. I didn't know you were in the UK. I'm in the Seattle area, and this story I saw on a lifetime network show called, "Snapped." It was about this young, impressionable woman who got involved with a total pshycopath who seduced and somehow convinced her that his ex GF deserved to die. She tried once with a long range rifle, but backed out, eventually she broke into the poor woman's house and shot her close range. She went to prison, and so did the guy, but to this day he denies he ever put her up to it. Of course you are her tormenter, and her target. She should be pissed at HIM for playing you both, but since she's a bit looney herself, she's not going to see it that way. watch your back, girl and stay close to this board. Be sure not to give him any info about you, nothing he can use against you. Stay NC. And I understand that the law where you are can make it difficult to secure a small firearm for you to protect yourself with, so.... Maybe get a big monstor dog LOL! take care of yourself. write back, too
Aug 26 - 2PM (Reply to #5)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

desparatehousewife

Aug 26 - 10PM (Reply to #6)
desprathousewife

Paranoid limbo

Its the middle of the night here and another nightmare has jolted me back to reality (there's no rest for the wicked, isn't that what they say? Then why, when I'm the innocent party am I being denied???? GRRRR). Gotta be up for work in a coupla hours so thought I'd use my time on here rather than laying in bed with visions of my impending murder. YEP, I'm taking this seriously alright, when I was young I dreamed of becoming a famous actress, now I'm having nightmares and thinking I may become famous for my tragic murder. I picture myself here, in my home, like a sitting duck. He knows my house, cripes I used to leave my front and back door unlocked like ALL THE TIME when I was home, both day and night....don't worry NO MORE, I keep checking all the doors and windows are locked..... now. I'm rationalising that, even though I have no burglar alarm, I do have 2 MONSTER DOGS ( Japanese Akita and a Norweigan Elkhound ) trouble is they are both daft as brushes and soft as sh*t, just like their owner, and HE KNOWS THAT, they both adored him damnit! But at least my elkhound is a barker, bloody barks at everything and has always driven me mad, now I LOVE him for it :) so I have some sort of alarm system in place. I've got it in my head that he may try taking my adorable alarms away from me, maybe by trying to poison them by throwing poisoned meat over my back fence or somesuch. So that is another thing I am having to check regularly as they are in my garden a lot when the weather is good. Then there's my 2 children who still live here, my son's girlfriend lives directly at the back of his house, he's already tried to indimidate him, standing out his back, arms folded and just staring at him when he goes there sometimes. I've tried warning my son what he is like but I'm sure it isn't sinking in. My daughter has a part time job at a chinese takeaway, HIS local chinese takeaway, he knows when she works and she usually walks home...I'm fetching her in future! I've thought of asking around for a big strong guy to come lodge with me until all this is over. Do you think that would be a good idea? That's if I could find such a person of course. ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE ARE MUCH APPRECIATED. I feel sort of funny reading the stories on here, yep I've found yours and it touched me but I can't identify with these stories right now, I have no longing for him, no jealousy toward HER, just feel constantly on edge, paranoid and extremely frightened. Maybe that is some consolation, the first week after it happened, before I knew what he is, felt like my heart was gonna break, I cried constanty, especially when I looked in the mirror and saw what he had done to me. It's 3 weeks ago tomorrow and there's a shadow of bruising still there. I want to do what everyone here suggests and move forward but how can I under such circumstances?