Jaycee's Story

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 5 - 11AM
jaycee
jaycee's picture

Jaycee's Story

I tried to share my story this morning but I think I lost it somehow, so here is the short version. I have had to accept the unacceptable, I have had to accept I was married to someone for twenty four years who absolutely never lovede me. He is a pure and twisted Narcississt/serial cheating monster. Over the years, I just did not want to see the truth, not even when he walked out on me and our children when they were only six and eight years old. He left us for, what I thought, was his first affair (wrong, he had cheated all along) but this one, he thought he really loved, or thought could offer him more. Like a damn fool, I took him back after two years, his pleading, how he made the biggest mistake of his life, how he wanted his family back (even though he continued to come by almost two and three times a week, to keep me under his thumb). I had no idea of the magnitude of his "I love myself" ways, I had never heard of narcissism being a personality disorder, I was much younger and less wise in the ways of the world. In the first three years of our getting back together, he continued to cheat with various women, I found out maybe three years into it, and he cried the Im sorry, Ill never do it again, but oddly enough, I believed him, and there were two or three at the time. Well, he continued cheating obviously, but I put a blind eye to it, and stayed and pretended we were happy, i covered for him to friends and family (whom I didn't know thought he was a big a**hole anyway) to make him look good, so as to save face for myself...well eventually he became involved with a girl from the gym, one who liked to supply him with his illegal steroids, she even paid for them, and there came two plus years of torture, she would call my house, arrogantly, drive by beeping all hours days and night, followed me into a store and laughed in my face, put things in our mailbox to let me know they were still together, and he lied, and lied, and lied, and said (as our son was in Iraq serving our country) I swear our son will die in Iraq before I ever see that whore again, etc...nice his own son....well before I knew it, it was crunch time, I was either going to put up with it and the total disrespect, or I was going to dump him for good. I packed his things in garbage bags and dumped them on her apt. doorstep, he has been living with her ever since. he continues to text and call and come over daily telling me he loves me, misses me, doesnt love her, but I threw him out, and hes going on his own soon. lies and says hes unhappy and how he misses our fantastic sex (NO he misses the wife who gave him so much freedom he hung himself with it) he misses the sucker who believed all his lies and still loved him, he no longer has any contact with his son, who hates him and says that piece of sh*t is dead too me. He toys with our emotionally unstable at the moment daughter who adored him, who now wishes she had a real father. He now lives with a woman who buys him everything, pays for everything, strokes his ego so well, he'll never want to leave, the only thing is, she will never know his children, they both have resoundingly said over and over again, who his dirty fn whore, I will never see that whore, ever, so he can keep her where they are, neither have any interest in ever meeting her, but I dont think that bothers her, she wants him to play family with her and her sometimes kid, because she doesnt get he was never a family man to begin with, but with his narc mask on, he plays it well. I am heartsick and devastated, but glad I am able to accept the truth, that my husband never loved me and never will, he will continue to toy with my emotions, dangle hope in my face, yet will continue to do what makes him feel good at the moment. Too bad, she hasn't seen him without the mask, Yet! Too bad I didn't see him without the mask years ago. I pray this heartache and obsession goes away soon, as I need to make a life for myself and stop listening to his lies. My story is so long and complicated, too long to address right now, but I hope someone replies and lets me know what they think of the pathological narcississt I spent more than half my life with.

Aug 16 - 9PM
not-an-idiot
not-an-idiot's picture

I understand your pain. I

I understand your pain. I was told that mine was "playing stand-in husband" to me and my son. To think of how these people see the reality of life and family as some sort of game. Maybe it is all a game to them and that's why they can't commit like normal people. Too much chaos and fun out there to be had. Domestic life is just no fun & a hassle that takes away their freedom. It's sad. It hurts. We all did as much as we could, gave everything, and still got abused. We deserve someone who is whole and capable of giving in fully, not when it's convienient or they need supply.
Aug 16 - 9PM (Reply to #11)
helldweller
helldweller's picture

not-an-idiot

Yes, these beautiful children--not to mention us lovely women and men-mean nothing to them. The worst thing about the NPD ones are that they can give it to the kids when they need to and then rip it away when it is too much to handle. My daughters were the "light of" his life until he found something easier. I still think about the chldren of a man I dated fifteen years ago. I check up on them on facebook and don't talk to them but pray for them.
Aug 5 - 6PM
Aliveagain
Aliveagain's picture

What do I think? That I

What do I think? That I cannot believe how many intelligent, caring, considerate, tolerant women like yourself end up with LOSERS like him. Remember: - This has nothing to do with you. HE is not worthy of your life - To have hope and to forgive makes you a GOOD person, do not regret having done this, you thought he had a soul, you thought he genuinely wanted to do better, when you realised otherwise you did something about it - something amazing, you liberated yourself from his control, deception and self-love. You couldn't of have done something sooner because as a good, trusting, kind caring person you HOPED he was being truthful - This other woman is another victim - even if you can't see that from the outside, now. Pity her try not to hate her. She too is having her heart exploited. We know how good at lying they are. - 24 years, yes a long time though that's how long it took you to finally become intolerant and become immune to forgiveness, what does that tell you of your strength, your fortitude? It says that you are robust, that you care so much about your commitments and doing the right thing - that at times is at odds with what you want - that you forged ahead. That makes you another amazing woman. - You know you deserve more now you're going to go out and get in in any way you want and/or need to because you are free of an emotional vampire. Celebrate. You have two amazing children and the rest of your life ahead of you to receive the love you deserve - both from yourself, from your children, your family, friends and the next man who will treat you as you deserve - because you will demand nothing less. xxx
Aug 6 - 2PM (Reply to #9)
jaycee
jaycee's picture

accepting the unacceptable

Alive, thank you for your kind words, as I don't feel so strong, actually feel so weak and so sick inside. I want to celebrate my children and love them, as I always did and always will, yet, inside I am dying. I know I deserve more, I know I deserve a man who will love me and only me and not be looking for the next, yet, I spent more than half my life with this man, who turned out to be a monster, and knowing he never loved me hurts, but seeing him with his whore, kills. I guess I will need to stop obsessing about it, and worry about my next meal, so to speak, but him with his full fledged mask on, is what she gets, what I get is the the man without the mask and the horrible truth about loving someone who never loved me. I hope someday I will demand nothing more than I deserve.

Jaycee

Aug 5 - 12PM
WellRed
WellRed's picture

Jaycee

My eyes teared up reading your story. It was close to reading about my own life. You are so strong to rid yourself of him. Keep the faith - it only gets better.
Aug 6 - 2PM (Reply to #7)
jaycee
jaycee's picture

accepting th unacceptable

Wellred, we all here have stories, and I wish I could agree with you and say I am strong. Yes, I threw him out, yet, I die inside everyday, knowing he is with his whore, living life as if he did nothing wrong, as if he didnt throw his family away like garbage for the second time. Oh, how I wish the pain would ease, how I wish my heart would heal in rapid speed, but it doesn't look like it's going to be easy or fast. I wish he would stop telling me he loves me, misses me, and wants me everyday, I wish I could go no contact and if he stops paying the bills around here, he stops. I just need to get things in order first, then stop listening to his lies and his web of deceit. I try and then he threatens he won't pay the bills, etc....so I play along with it, but that kills me, because I had loved this man so.........

Jaycee

Aug 5 - 5PM (Reply to #2)
MelloMix
MelloMix's picture

A long time

Hi Jaycee, My heart goes out to you. 24 years is a long time - I was with mine 19 years. Coming to terms with the fact they didn't and couldn't love you is so very hard. Also, dealing with the miriad of feelings is confusing, like beating yourself up for falling for the lies - and yet still feeling somehow 'attached' to them. I'm so glad you now see him for what he is - a shallow, lying, deceiving low-life, not worthy of you or your kids. Getting over something like this isn't easy, but learn all you can and stay strong - time helps a lot. The worst is over - now onwards towards a better future. (((hugs))) MelloMix
Aug 6 - 2PM (Reply to #3)
jaycee
jaycee's picture

accepting the unacceptable

Mellomix, I wish I could say the worst is over, it's not. My nightmares have just begun. The obsession about him living with his whore, the fact I had to come to terms with the fact that he never loved me, the fact that I wasted twenty four years of my life, loving and idolizing a man, who could have cared less if I died, that hurts. I want to stay strong, move on with my life, and forget he ever existed, yet, I am in so much pain and heartache, Im only making things worse for myself. I wish he would go out on his own, make a life with some woman who didn't torture me, and then, I could rest easy and actually feel sorry for that new person and wish her peace in the coming years, this one, I wish only the most pain in the world, as she laughs at my pain, she smirks at the fact that I had given up on the man I loved so that she could win. She is arrogant, and walks around like she won the prize, yet, she has not, nor will probably ever see him without the mask, as she is his financial and egotistical stroker, and I don't believe he will leave her. I do believe he will continue to haunt me and try to keep me dangling on his web, so as to hurt me even more, I don't know why? I pray soon, I will be as strong as you think I am, and will eventually not even care if he lives or dies.

Jaycee

Dec 25 - 11AM (Reply to #4)
justicejones
justicejones's picture

Jaycee

I read your story and I can relate so much...minus about thirteen years. I was with my husband for twelve years and married for almost nine. It has been four years since he left me and our two children. I still obsess with him being with the ow and having children with her etc. I don't want him but the rejection still hurts so much. He has nothing to do with our children. He cheated on me so much too. I realize after the fact, that it was much more than i knew. I knew of three affairs for sure and heard rumors of more that he denied. This includes the one he met and started having an affair with when he left me, which is the one he is still with on and off. During all these affairs, he would come back pleading and begging me to take him back. When he left us the final time and left the state, he would still call me, telling me he loved me and was coming home and was done with the woman he is still with now. Thing is, he still chose her and goes back to her. She puts up pictures of them and their kids on her fb page just to taunt me and always requests to be my friend...I did that once and all she did was rub it all in my face. She acts so happy and I always wonder if he has changed for her and their twin boys. He is in their lives, but not our childrens lives. IT hurts. I cant understand preferential treatment, though I am glad he cant be a bad influence on their lives. My logical side says they are not happy, for she has four other children she had taken away from her and the N and her have had their twins taken away and given back for mutual domestic violence. They are separated on and off. I hadnt heard from him for years, until recently he was extradited back here for not paying child support. While in jail and when he got out, he contacted me and started the whole begging for forgiveness, sob story, "I never loved her and you are my soul mate" garbage. He reeled me in and I ended up helping him out, giving him money and paying for a hotel room for him when he got out of jail, even paying his cell phone bill so he could keep in contact with his twin boys (and not their mother supposedly that he said he was done with). But did he call to talk to our children? No! Guess what? After two months here and me not giving into his sexual advances and refusing to pay for his living expenses anymore, he high tailed it back home to his mama and now he is supposedly getting back together with the OW. Wow, that hurts. Just to let you know, you are not alone. I still struggle every single day after four years.
Dec 30 - 4AM (Reply to #5)
jaycee
jaycee's picture

Thanks for reading my story

Justice, thanks for reading my story, yours is as horrifying as any, as well. They never love anyone, and he will continue to go back and forth from his ow, but he will continue to contact you, as well. You are the lucky one, you rid yourself of him, as for the ow, she has a long, hellish road ahead. As much as it hurts, that he had children with her, and is in their life, you and yours are much better off without him. mine, as i allowed, emotionally abused me and the kids for years. our son, ran off an joined the army, and is a wonderful amazing human being, smart and knows what he wants, loves serving his country, but has been severely affected by his fathers disorder. He drinks like a fish and has come to hate his father, and is glad he is so far away, but at least he comes to visit me when he can. he was in the middle east for over a year, and now in the states but clear across the country, and will be going back to the middle east soon, very sad for me. as for our beautiful daughter, she began using heroin when she was sixteen, the push pull of the emotionally absent, and sometimes physcially absent father, turned her inside out, it has been three years of hell, watching her get clean, then start using again, then get clean, etc......i finally found her a clinic we go every morning, and she is ok, for now, I pray forever, but unfortunately, heroin is a lifelong struggle, and who knows. my point is I may have come a long way since I shared my story, but my children will be forever damaged from my allowing my marriage to the monster to continue for so long. Your children will be far better off not being subjected to his personality disorder.....you will be far better off as well.....dont take him back, i did years ago and it is the biggest regret of my life, i see that now, i didnt back then, and trust me, he will never be loyal to the ow either, and eventually he will leave her and their twins for good. you should thank God, your children arent feeling the push pull of the emotionally abusive monster of a father, they will grow up loving you and respecting you, without any of the damage their father would have caused had you not rid yourself of his useless ass..I will keep you in my prayers.............xoxo Jaycee

Jaycee

Dec 30 - 9AM (Reply to #6)
justicejones
justicejones's picture

Thank you so much for the

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Jaycee! Loves!