"Christian" Narcissist

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 9 - 8PM
Classie
Classie's picture

"Christian" Narcissist

Did your Narcissist live a double standard? Was he Mr. Christian at church (attend church, read the bible, quote scripture, have prayer, sing , act holy and caring, etc). Only to step away from church, and become this creature of a different kind -- hell on legs?

Jul 10 - 10AM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

He WRITES about Christianity

One of my friends at the time said that my ex-P was using Christianity and religion to cover up his malicious conduct. At the time, I was smitten. Now I believe it. My ex-P professor seemed to think that writing about Christianity somehow made him Christian. He's written about Wittgenstein and religion--using St. Augustine, Schopenauer, Tolstoy's "War and Peace",etc. Writing about religion doesn't make one religious. He claimed he was spiritual, yet he expected me to give up my religion for him (I didn't) He'd mock my faith... while writing about faith. Ugh.
Jul 10 - 8AM
passionatebutterfly
passionatebutterfly's picture

That's my exN exactly. Huge

That's my exN exactly. Huge hippocrit. Mask of Christianity when he couldn't be further from it in reality. Makes me sick. Jennyxoxo
Jul 9 - 8PM
NancyM
NancyM's picture

Classie

Commonly they are the highest moralistic, caring, understanding and dependable person IN PUBLIC. They will often do anything for anybody (except you). Have you often heard from others how LUCKY you are to have such a wonderful man? It is often only ever in PRIVATE that the mask comes off. Read back through the board, this is discussed quite a bit.:)

Nevergoback