If you don't mind................

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 26 - 3PM
happydaysahead
happydaysahead's picture

If you don't mind................

Where is everyone located ?? I think it would be so nice if the ones that live close by could meet or get together every once in a while--just for some extra support and it would sure be cool to put a face with a name, expecially since I "FEEL" like I know all of you so well just from reading and posting.
I am in Chicago suburb.

Jul 9 - 8AM
sawthelight
sawthelight's picture

getting together

Is anyone on here from the Boston area? sawthelight

sawthelight

Jul 8 - 8PM
Imaginary Friend
Imaginary Friend's picture

Let's get together!

There are a fair few of us here in the Toronto area, what do you say? I really need the support! Let's find a nice shady patio somewhere and share.
Jul 9 - 2AM (Reply to #64)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Toronto

Awesome! It looks like Toronto is starting a Chapter. Invisigal, may I put you down as group leader/point of contact?!
Jul 9 - 7AM (Reply to #65)
Imaginary Friend

Yes!

Definitely! What do you need to know?
Jul 9 - 10AM (Reply to #66)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Invisigal

Once you get your first meeting scheduled, let me know (although, I'll probably read it here as it gets scheduled). I am going to create a list of Chapter Cities that will be hosting meetings and list the Group Leaders name. I'm so glad you can take the lead for Toronto. Thanks!!!
Jul 22 - 9PM (Reply to #67)
Imaginary Friend

Jul 8 - 9AM
The Girlfriend ...
The Girlfriend of Dr Jekyl's picture

Hey YOU Canadians

Montreal. Anyone close to me? would be nice to get together. Wouldn't it be funny (NOT actually HA) to find we know the same Narcissist/Psychopath? Mine used to keep things going on with gals in other cities, like Toronto, Ontario, etc. hmmmm Contact Lisa for my email info if you would like to get a little group together or get in touch. Any other fellow Narc Survivors in Canada like me, Belinda, chickadee999 , Staying strong78, and Miss Dior ? Let's get in touch! Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate!
Jul 8 - 8PM (Reply to #62)
naivenomore
naivenomore's picture

Great idea!

This sounds wonderful! I'm almost exactly in between Montreal and Toronto, in Smiths Falls, Ontario. 'Looking forward to hearing more on this!
Jul 8 - 10AM (Reply to #57)
Imaginary Friend

Toronto here

OMG. After lurking here for a year and half, this is my first post. I would love to get together. I am in the Toronto area.
Jul 9 - 9AM (Reply to #61)
WantMyLifeBack
WantMyLifeBack's picture

Brooklyn, NY

LOL @ "After lurking here for a year and half..." I made my first couple of posts today actually. I thought I was the only one a little gun shy;) I'm from Brooklyn, NY though. Anyone from the NYC area? I would love it if there are any NYC peeps out there:)
Jul 8 - 11AM (Reply to #58)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Invisigal

I'm so glad you are posting!!!! I know we have some members from your area! xoxo
Jul 8 - 11AM (Reply to #59)
Imaginary Friend

Something to look forward to...

I am so looking forward to actually meeting with someone who "gets it." This disorder does not seem to be widely recognised. I can't even remember how I found this site, but I know I was doing research into his addictions/dysfunction, as was my tendency, and when I got here and read some posts, the light went on! Unfortunately, I was still in my "helper" (servant) role and I told him about this condition that I thought he might be suffering from. He was all ears as I described the symptoms and he said they certainly fit...then I told him the name of the disorder. He was not flattered!
Jul 8 - 11AM (Reply to #60)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Invisigal

I'm sure he wasn't flattered, but the important thing is that you "get it" now. We're so glad you found us here! I hope you have broken free from him or are on the path towards doing so. xoxo
Jul 8 - 10AM (Reply to #56)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

The Girlfriend

Awesome, thanks for taking the lead on this, Girlfriend! Is it ok if I put you down as the group leader for the Montreal Chapter then? I'll list myself as the group leader for Chicago. I'm still working on dates for those of you in chi-town and will have some options shortly. It will be in August. How 'bout the UK? Did you guys set a date or identify a group leader? I can't wait to get these groups started!
Jul 7 - 10PM
frances
frances's picture

Dallas area

Dallas area
Jul 3 - 12AM
neveragain5
neveragain5's picture

In the Bay Area, California

In the Bay Area, California
Jun 28 - 7PM
Amy
Amy's picture

Texas

North of Houston
Jun 28 - 3PM
rhiannon
rhiannon's picture

Anyone here from Dallas?

Anyone here from Dallas?
Jun 29 - 12AM (Reply to #50)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Next Steps

Awesome, I love it that there's so much interest. It sounds like we have a few cities with enough people to get groups started relatively soon. Chicago Chapter - Me London Chapter - TBD New York - TBD Please e-mail me if you're interested in being the group leader for any of the other City Chapters.
Jun 29 - 10AM (Reply to #51)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Any city that's interested, let me know!

I was so tired last night when posting about this that I want to be sure I didn't imply we should only focus on Chicago, London and NY as cities who are ready to start a group. I just meant, it sounds like we might have enough people in those cities to hold a meeting right now. Any city or town, that is interested, please let me know. I will coordinate. As far as Chicago, I checked on the meeting space in my condo building and I think it would be a good spot to hold meetings. I live downtown near the Metra train stations, which will make it easy for people coming in from the suburbs. There's a fee for renting the space, but it's less than what I was paying Barbara every month to moderate the board so I can swing it and think the convenience is worth the cost. I'm going to brainstorm the best way to coordinate these meetings. Maybe on FB or Meetup.com. I'll be back with more details once I figure it out.
Jun 28 - 8PM (Reply to #49)
dysenchanted
dysenchanted's picture

dallas

I'm not far from Dallas.
Jun 28 - 7PM (Reply to #48)
Happy1
Happy1's picture

West of Chicago

I'm west of Chicago
Jun 28 - 2PM
imabloke
imabloke's picture

It would be nice to meet

I'm up for it.. St Albans, Hertfordshire UK. Don't mention the footy score!!
Jun 28 - 6PM (Reply to #44)
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

imabloke

Hey I'm in north london, friern barnet, Scoop is in Cambridge and Maggie is in east London. That's 4 of us. How and when shall we meet?

Ending the dance

Jun 29 - 7AM (Reply to #45)
imabloke
imabloke's picture

Hi Another path

Somewhere in between or London is good for me.. evening or weekend Might be an idea to exchange emails or facebook to arrange What do you think?
Jun 29 - 7AM (Reply to #46)
AnotherPath
AnotherPath's picture

Imabloke

I've emailed Lisa to get your details and Scoop and Maggie, so we can get something rolling!!

Ending the dance

Jun 28 - 2PM (Reply to #42)
Janet
Janet's picture

St. Albans

I am in CA now but used to teach at Aldenham in Hertfordshire (Near Elstree). Hello across the pond! Peace. J

Peace. J

Jun 28 - 3PM (Reply to #43)
imabloke
imabloke's picture

Hello Janet

Never been to the U.S. let alone CA! God I need to get out more. But it's nice to see and feel that we are not alone with our bad experiences. This site has helped me immensely. The power of the internet! Peace and much love to you too.
Jun 28 - 2PM
NinjaGirl
NinjaGirl's picture

Milwaukee

And unfortunately I don't get down to Chicago too often. :( It isn't too far, though!
Jun 28 - 12PM
helldweller
helldweller's picture

meeting in person

I'm in Chicago