Strange and awful presents

139 posts / 0 new
Last post
June 24, 2010 - 1:54pm
Scoop
Scoop's picture

I didnt get valentine gifts

I didnt get valentine gifts as he didnt believe in "man made " celebrations .. He brought me flowers once after the 2nd d&d . for christmas last year he got me a some cheep beads £4.99 . Knowing that he was such a rubbish present giver i pre empted the socks and got him a travel mug £2.99 this christmas , i just knew he wasnt going to buy me anything good so i was dammed if i was . Having said that he spent nearly £500 on his little brothers present this year ....In fact i went christmas shopping with him this year and he spent alot of money on family he hardly even knows , he was going to France for a family reunion so guess what he brought exspensive presents so he would look good infrount of everyone on christmas morning . god i hate him . I was secured , i want going anywhere so in his mind he had nothing to prove to me hence the £1.00 socks from the market ...IM GONE NOW THOUGH SUCKER .
June 24, 2010 - 1:19pm
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

Heartfelt presents

For Christmas My extremely thrifty 1st N gave me a cheap sweat suit that was too small and a can of Folgers coffee. Didn't realize the bitter taste his gift would leave with me down the road! 2nd N gave me gifts that were FOR him...expensive leather purse and leather gloves for Christmas, which you'd think was quite nice. But I knew he only bought them because he had a deeply ingrained leather fetish and wanted them to rub up against so he could get it up (wand didn't work unless his fetishes were catered to).
June 24, 2010 - 1:31pm (Reply to #36)
Scoop
Scoop's picture

GhostBuster

Eewww . you have put me off my tea !lol. wand , leather ...eewwwww lol
June 24, 2010 - 3:10pm (Reply to #37)
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

double ewwww

I just remembered this...his fetish also includes suade. I had a cream colored white suade jacket that he JUST LOVED. I spilled marinara sauce on it one night when we were out to dinner. He was beside himself with grief (for the jacket). This was shortly before we broke up. Well, last fall...almost a year since we broke up...I went into my closet and found it hanging spotless. He had snuck it out of my house and had it cleaned without me knowing. I shudder to think what he did with it when he had it alone at his place!
June 24, 2010 - 1:22pm (Reply to #33)
Steph
Steph's picture

lol. can of coffee. you and

lol. can of coffee. you and herlatestvictim should get together and share narc stories over a cup of your coffee and a bowl of her cereal from her great guy. lol
June 24, 2010 - 3:14pm (Reply to #35)
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

lol...or we could find our

lol...or we could find our respective Ns and pour hot coffee and a bowl of milk-soaked cereal over their heads! But that would break NC...probably not worth it. :)
June 24, 2010 - 3:14pm (Reply to #34)
dysenchanted
dysenchanted's picture

Bad gifts

"you and herlatestvictim should get together and share narc stories over a cup of your coffee and a bowl of her cereal .... " And if you like, you can borrow the chipped coffee mug that mine gave me as a house warming gift!
June 24, 2010 - 11:47am
herlatestvictim
herlatestvictim's picture

CEREAL

Mine gave me a box of cereal for my birthday along with a card and balloon. The card said it was OUR favorite cereal. Really?? A week later the "main gift" came.. earrings that looked like NOTHING I would ever wear.
June 24, 2010 - 2:58pm (Reply to #31)
secondchance
secondchance's picture

hysterical!!

omg my crazy almost ex mother in law used to give wrapped boxes of cereal to all the grandkids at christmas. my kids were always like....seriously?
June 24, 2010 - 12:39pm (Reply to #30)
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

herlatestivictim

I laughed so hard about the cereal. I can't believe it. Mine gave me a Valentine's day used heart stuffed animal that said Happy Valentine's Day, I saw it in his house for x-mas.... Wait also gave me a little tiny bag of M&M's in my stocking????????????????? WTF is wrong with guys... .... Yes, I thought that was so strange but your cereal story was so funny.
June 24, 2010 - 12:40pm (Reply to #29)
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

herlatestivictim

I laughed so hard about the cereal. I can't believe it. Mine gave me a Valentine's day used heart stuffed animal that said Happy Valentine's Day, I saw it in his house for x-mas.... Wait also gave me a little tiny bag of M&M's in my stocking????????????????? WTF is wrong with guys... .... Yes, I thought that was so strange but your cereal story was so funny.
June 24, 2010 - 12:37pm (Reply to #28)
thisisnotfun
thisisnotfun's picture

herlatestivictim

I luaghed so hard about the cereal. I can't believe it. Mine gave me a Valentine's day used heart stuffed animal that said Happy Valentine's Day, I saw it in his house for x-mas.... Wait also gave me a little tiny bag of M&M's in my stocking????????????????? WTF is wrong with guys... .... Yes, I thought that was so strange but your cereal story was so funny.
June 24, 2010 - 10:52am
betty2020
betty2020's picture

In the two years i dated him

In the two years i dated him i received. 1 bouquet of flowers during courting stages 1 valentines card with a single carnation (first year) 1 Birthday dinner (1st year) no Christmas presents ever A ring after the first time i left him to get me to go back to him. 1 steak dinner and roses the day before i left his ugly ass. He gave me nothing but grief and heartache. The best gift i received was the day i walked out and gave myself the chance at a new life.

only one way to go...Forward (tm?)

December 18, 2013 - 11:29pm (Reply to #26)
Annjennings1958
Annjennings1958's picture

in the two years I dated him..

June 24, 2010 - 10:40am
Steph
Steph's picture

Mine made a point of telling

Mine made a point of telling me how much money he spent on me. A week after buying me nice flowers, he mentioned they were "very expensive" lol. He took me to dinner theatre and on a nice camping trip for my Birthday.....and months later would mention how much money he spent on me for my Birthday. Always annoyed me. I spent money on him too and never pointed out how much. Guess they only see their contributions lol
June 24, 2010 - 7:02am
Bodhi
Bodhi's picture

oh, the gifts...

The gifts I received just further demonstrated that he really had no idea what I liked or really cared. He actually sometimes bought me gifts that were perfect for him.
June 24, 2010 - 10:02am (Reply to #2)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

All about him

Hi, This is a good topic. I knew I was with a freak when I gave him 2,000. to pay some debt he had right before Christmas so he could get back to work and there was NOTHING under the tree for me. On VD he gave me a tulip plant with the price still on it 2.99 and said as he handed it to me that he thought this was different and special cuz it wasn't what all the other guys were getting for their girls. I said you mean long stemmed roses and he said yes and I said oh so u thought you'd be different and buy the cheapest thing in the store, you sure were DIFFERENT. God Bless, Goldie
June 24, 2010 - 12:05pm (Reply to #3)
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

Selfish

Mine was unemployed so of course I got nothing (but since he was unemployed I rationalized it). I got him a cap for Christmas, (he likes wearing them) While reflecting, I realized just how selfish he is. He told me that he received lots of money for Christmas, and he actually told me he spent $40 on another cap. I got him one but I guess that was not enough, so he spends money on another one. He did not even think to take me out or reciporate in some way. I actually get sick when I think about what I put up with.
June 24, 2010 - 12:20pm (Reply to #4)
Steph
Steph's picture

He probably just bought

He probably just bought another one just to show you that yours wasn't "good enough" Mine rarely, if ever wore anything I bought him. And one gift, he pointed out a flaw on it. So rude!
June 24, 2010 - 12:35pm (Reply to #5)
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

You are probably right

Wow, I think you are right. When I would see him, he would only wear the cap that he bought himself and would never wear the cap I bought him. When I pointed it out he would just say "oh I wear it, but when you are not with me" Its amazing that the pieces of the puzzle start coming together when you actually start reflecting on it. These men are sick.
June 24, 2010 - 6:20pm (Reply to #6)
macmad
macmad's picture

Presents

mine too always had to either tell me how much he had spent or often would just give me the receipt ????One year for christmas we talked about buying my daughter a laptop between us. He proceeded to discuss this with my daughter and eventually persuaded her that she did not really want or need a laptop. Then about a week later he bought himself a laptop and proceeded to tell my daughter how cool it was,got upset when I told him what he had done was so wrong and so hurtful. It must have gone in on some level. His remedy for this was on my birthday he gave me some money to buy my daughter a laptop. He could not grasp it when my daughter said no way it is my mums birthday you should get her a present not me. Try as we might we could not make him understand how twisted his thinking was. Thank God he has gone and has not contacted me. I did not realise how much hatred my daughter had for him, nor how much damage she suffered from having him around. I am so glad now that life is getting back to normal, we are laughing again.
June 25, 2010 - 6:51am (Reply to #20)
aceonelady
aceonelady's picture

macmad

What do you think about when my Narc told me his zon had won a ipod at school and he told me i can't understand what is he going to use that for...I can use it more often than he wil...What a selfish person...

Aceonelady

June 28, 2010 - 2:46am (Reply to #22)
macmad
macmad's picture

all about them

It seems every single thing they do, see or even just hear about somehow has to be manipulated so that it is all about them. They seem unable to share or feel happy for anyone else. Even when they attempt to do something nice they always seem to mess it up so that the whole thing becomes a bad memory for the people involved. What a freakish horrible inner life they must have. How sad not to be able to share someones joy, comfort someones sorrow, ease someones pain. all things that we find so easy and natural. Must be a dreadfully cold, sterile world they live in. No wonder they seek us out and try to destroy what they so desperately need but will never have. I can pity them as long as there is a great distance between any one of them and me and mine. One good thing in all the pain and upset my daughter witnessed and experienced is that I am sure as she gets older and becomes involved with men she will spot a narc a mile off and hopefully save herself a lot of grief. See narc for all your evilness we can still find some good in it. You will never win because ultimately there are more good and real people than there are warped freaks like you.
June 28, 2010 - 3:12pm (Reply to #23)
PumpKyn80
PumpKyn80's picture

Macmad

"How sad not to be able to share someones joy, comfort someones sorrow, ease someones pain. all things that we find so easy and natural. Must be a dreadfully cold, sterile world they live in. No wonder they seek us out and try to destroy what they so desperately need but will never have" Its unbelieveable isn't it? I spoke about this in another thread, but I remember getting accepted into a Masters program. So of course I run to tell my "boyfriend" and a normal response would be that they would share in my joy and good news, but what did he do instead: he made it all about how that meant I would not have time for him and even asked do I have to go to school. I said "I thought you would be happy for me" and he replies with "I am" in the most monotone voice. Very sad!
June 25, 2010 - 11:01pm (Reply to #21)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Son

Sounds like his son is simply an extension of his for his own selfish needs and shows his basic lack of real love for himself, others, or his son.
June 24, 2010 - 10:59pm (Reply to #19)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

LOL

These are hilarious. They are clueless, aren't they!
June 24, 2010 - 10:01pm (Reply to #7)
hitandrun
hitandrun's picture

Cereal, Folgers. Socks?

OMG!!! This is some of the funniest sh*t I have EVER HEARD. The bit about the mother-n-law wrapping up cereal boxes for the kids at X-mas? Almost wet my pants. Unbelievable. Dollar Store Gifts, chipped coffee cups, nothing. Cheap bastards. The only thing good I can say about my ex is he gave me gifts I liked.
June 24, 2010 - 11:57pm (Reply to #8)
secondchance
secondchance's picture

mother in law

okay if you all could see me now i do a dead on impression of my mother in law on christmas eve with her crazy presents and making everyone listen, listen, listen while things were passed out. (she may be n too seriously) they live in a beautiful home on the bayfront and honestly she shops at the 99 cent store for presents too. the cereal boxes were one thing but through the years: a faux mink apron - really? a fork that extended to about 3 feet long so you could eat food from someone's plate a shirt with a stain on it i usually just kept everything in my car and took it straight to the thrift shop. i am soooooo going to miss those christmas eves with her and her crazy son. darn! what material can i use for my comedy routine now?
June 25, 2010 - 6:03am (Reply to #18)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Stop ur killin me!

I can't stop laughing.
June 25, 2010 - 12:20am (Reply to #17)
Steph
Steph's picture

lol

"a fork that extended to about 3 feet long so you could eat food from someone's plate" bad enough these narcs take our soul, now they want our food too?? i can't stop laughing!
June 25, 2010 - 12:14am (Reply to #9)
betty2020
betty2020's picture

LMFAO. God you guys are

LMFAO. God you guys are killing me tonight...hahha. She sounds like a raving lunatic. Apple doesn't fall to far from the tree here does it? I was thinking about when i start to date again (long time) on how i would go about with my formal investigation into the complete background check of the potential mate. I think the first thing we should do is a formal interview with the parents. It really tell you a lot. thank god your out of that

only one way to go...Forward (tm?)

June 26, 2010 - 1:35pm (Reply to #16)
MovinOnUp
MovinOnUp's picture

MIL...

If I was quicker on the uptake this incident should have indicated what I would be dealing with over the next thirty years... First dinner at my MIL's mansion after I got married I'm helping my BIL clean up in the kitchen and I comment on four stoneware mugs with horses on them that are signed by the artist. I had no clue that they were antique and highy collectable. I just loved them, and I told my BIL so. He says he bought them for my wedding gift, but my MIL made him buy something else. At the time I thought maybe she thought they weren't enough -- though I was a horse nut and would have treasured those mugs over any of the other present I recieved. Wrong. She's used those suckers every year since and I now understand that it had nothing to do with not being good enough -- they were too good for me. When my mom was in the hospital dying, my NH gave me pots and pans and expected them to rock my world. Doesn't every woman lay awake at night dreaming about pots and pans for Valentine's Day. Tires for Christmas was another good one. The silver lining of all the crappy gifts is -- I can exit this relationship with a small U-Haul. lol
June 25, 2010 - 6:13am (Reply to #15)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Now this is a topic worth exploring

My X's mother left him when he was a small boy. She came back into the pic 25 yrs. later on fb. She seems like a np 2 me. Let's explore this on message board sometime if it's not on there already.
June 25, 2010 - 12:48am (Reply to #10)
secondchance
secondchance's picture

more

okay maybe i forgot to say that the cereal thing was annual. went on for 20 years with my kids. they were soooo over it. i mean who wants pops for christmas. with the recent downturn in the economy (even though they are quite well off) she switched from expensive cereal to off brand cereal bars. oh wow this is the best.... the final christmas...she gave this to all the girls - me, her 3 daughters and her step daughter. claimed we weren't going to believe we had lived without this. it is going to change your life, blah, blah. okay i open it up and it is a plastic knife sharpener about the size of an egg that you screw into your formica countertop. yeah...i didn't have anyplace to put that. how will i live?
June 25, 2010 - 6:45pm (Reply to #11)
hitandrun
hitandrun's picture

second chance

I cannot stop laughing about the cereal 20 year tradition. The other gifts make it even funnier!!! How bizarre...how did you ever keep a straight face?
December 18, 2013 - 11:02pm (Reply to #14)
Annjennings1958

cheap gifts

December 18, 2013 - 11:01pm (Reply to #12)
Annjennings1958

cheap gifts

January 16, 2014 - 6:17pm (Reply to #13)
fedup2013
fedup2013's picture

Awful Gifts!!