Strange and awful presents

139 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 17 - 2PM (Reply to #75)
betty2020
betty2020's picture

Ya. That DJ mixing board

Ya. That DJ mixing board dual present for both of us was the bomb. I think I can now take my skills on the road and earn the big bucks! Look out NY its DJ Betty in the House! I think I would have preferred that box of cereal and some protective goggles. Lol. only one way to go...Forward (tm?)

only one way to go...Forward (tm?)

Oct 22 - 11PM (Reply to #79)
apple
apple's picture

lololololololo's

Love it!!!! I gotta Happy Birthday... Once. lol
Oct 18 - 6PM (Reply to #76)
MovinOnUp
MovinOnUp's picture

You should have taken it,

You should have taken it, Betty. We could have gone out on a narc smack down tour. lol
Oct 22 - 11PM (Reply to #78)
apple
apple's picture

hahahahaha

You guys are making me laugh sooooo freaking hard!!!!!
Oct 18 - 10PM (Reply to #77)
kiwi10
kiwi10's picture

smack down tour

hahahaha that would be so rad
Oct 16 - 10PM
betty2020
betty2020's picture

Thanks so much Ms V!!! I

Thanks so much Ms V!!! I have been dying to find this post! I am laughing so hard im peeing...hhahaha. This has my vote for the funniest all time post ever on AAH. We are taking this over to the new board in tribute...I just love it!!! only one way to go...Forward (tm?)

Jun 29 - 1AM
girlfriday
girlfriday's picture

My previous N (not the one

My previous N (not the one that brought me here) came back from a trip and gave me some little opal earrings. I was surprised since he was in a constant state of devaluation after I moved in with him. Then he said, "I only got them for you because I felt bad for the Native American lady selling them."
Oct 22 - 11PM (Reply to #72)
apple
apple's picture

omg girlfriday!!!

What did you do when he said that??????
Jun 28 - 10PM
NoNarcingZone
NoNarcingZone's picture

Gaudy Gifts

Items sent to me while the N was in Iraq: Religious artifacts he STOLE from a mosque. A big Iraqi flag. (WTF?!?!) A 'bulky' hand-made bracelet, nicely woven by an Iraqi youth. The N was angry b/c he wore his daily & I didn't. Q: How would he even know whether I wore it daily, if he was in Iraq? A: The pictures I sent him. No bracelet. (He pointed this out) CDs: Light rock classics - Journey, Eagles, Creedence,...etc. My favorites! THEN, he followed those up by sending me Korn, Staind and some others I won't list (he'd recognize me on this site). I don't listen to that devil music! Apparel/misc items from the military store on post. Much of it read: I (heart) MY SOLDIER (t-shirts, bumper sticker, charm/pendant) I could go on...but won't! I gave all that @#$% back.

-------------------------------------------
"Soldier, don't confuse your rank with MY authority!"

Jun 28 - 3PM
querida
querida's picture

+/-

some were very extravagant, like jewelry (that we couldn't afford!) But I am thinking, oh he is so thoughtful and generous, instead of, how much was this? I took one necklace off one day and wore something else, he got hurt that I wasn't wearing HIS necklace. Then he bought a necklace with the thought I would wear it to a particular formal event. Nice thought (but expensive again) and it didn't match my gown at all... the gown he insisted on helping me pick out. He stood there pouting in front of my family and friends, that I didn't wear his gift. IT DIDN'T MATCH! But toward the end he bought nonsense or judgmental gifts, like exercise clothes to try and prompt me to workout. And after a trip to AFrica, where he bought all these beautiful tribal souveniers, he got me a "purse"... literally the size of a 3x5 card. What was I supposed to put in it? And he noticed I didn't use and got upset.... what woman can use a 3x5 purse???
Jun 28 - 12PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

A copy of his Wittgenstein lecture

That's all I ever got... other than a piece of mint that eventually blackened and flaked away very quickly. It's in a binder of miscellaneous stuff, and stuffed somewhere. At the time, reading it made my heart skip a beat. I'd have the adrenaline rush. But now, I see it as a natural sleep aid. A surefire way to cure insomnia. Wittgenstein deserved BETTER,because he was one of the most creative 20th century philosophers. The lecture is all about "the fantasy of ascent"--something about fantasies. How very much the world of the Ns/Ps.
Jun 28 - 12PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

A copy of his Wittgenstein lecture

That's all I ever got... other than a piece of mint that eventually blackened and flaked away very quickly. It's in a binder of miscellaneous stuff, and stuffed somewhere. At the time, reading it made my heart skip a beat. I'd have the adrenaline rush. But now, I see it as a natural sleep aid. A surefire way to cure insomnia. Wittgenstein deserved BETTER,because he was one of the most creative 20th century philosophers. The lecture is all about "the fantasy of ascent"--something about fantasies. How very much the world of the Ns/Ps.
Jun 28 - 10AM
NinjaGirl
NinjaGirl's picture

Let's see....

He gave me cheap jewelry, knowing I don't really like jewelry of any kind. He gave me a TV show set of DVDs for a set of DVDs I already owned and had already mentioned to him. Most of the time he just had me tell him exactly what I wanted, and most of the time I had to send him the link so he could order it. I know that during Christmas I did a lot of the ordering for people from him, and he just paid me back. And all he really wanted were gift cards. Yup, what a romantic.
Jun 27 - 8AM
helldweller
helldweller's picture

Presents

Oh, boy. A thousand dollar gold necklace for my first birthday with him, when we were "in love." Then a coffee pot from his first apartment. A plastic picture frame someone had given him. Cookies another woman had baked him. An old blanket with cats on it--I think from an ex girlfriend. Two of his old shirts. With the shirts, he asked me fifty times, "Would you like to have an old shirt of mine?" I don't know if he was unsure about bestowing such a wonderful gift upon me or if he wanted to hear me say, "Yes, darling, yes" over and over.
Jun 26 - 1PM
nhtmf
nhtmf's picture

I got a gold necklace that a

I got a gold necklace that a prvious girlfried had given him. I told him it was gaudy and he looked like "disco man" when he wore it. So one day I go to my car and its hanging from my mirror inside and he's proud as a peacock because he gave me such a wonderful gift !!!!! Can you say...freakin' wack job ? Oh, PS, got fifty bucks for the necklace at a local shop buying gold, sucka !!!
Jun 26 - 1AM
broken23
broken23's picture

this really made me laugh i

this really made me laugh i got one nice present during courting...a massage gift certificate but aside from those lets name a special few - a shirt that didnt fit me - a cd cover with a list of songs he would put on a cd for me but never did - a stale cupcake - a chocolate bar which he threw at me - a used ipod arm band that smelled like sweat. ordered it from ebay. receipt indicated 5 dollars - a space heater - a book (freakonomics) - a waterbottle i got him the best of the best name brand crap...ofcourse i always rationalized it that he didnt have as much money. but when he finally got some what did i get. a big fat nothing.
Jun 25 - 11PM
NancyM
NancyM's picture

Special

One I never forgot was the day I came out of hospital with my new baby, I got the supermarket special in flowers and a large bottle of diet coke. The price tag was on the flowers and he knew I hated diet coke. So obvious it was a very big hint,hint.

Nevergoback

Jun 25 - 5PM
Scooters Mom
Scooters Mom's picture

I was lucky? Not really....

Mine would ask me what I wanted and then I woiuld just get money to go buy it. But before I would have a chance to go and buy it he would send me to the grocery store a couple of times and run the car to empty on gas.So the 200 dollars would qiuckly dwindle to 50 before I was able to make it to buy myself a gift. Once he said that he was going to buy me a 07' corvette as a bday gift to be my sunday driver, we did buy the car and soon after he would hide the keys when he was mad at me so it was in the end just a new form of control. I never drove the car again after he hid the keys the first time but he started driving it when he was mad at me. Nice
Jun 26 - 11AM (Reply to #61)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Scootersmom

"I never drove the car again after he hid the keys the first time but he started driving it when he was mad at me. Nice" Wow, what an ass. Oh, and not surprised it was a corvette so he could pump up his ego driving around in it.
Jun 25 - 4PM
stillsinging
stillsinging's picture

one of his company t-shirts,

one of his company t-shirts, too small, same again too big, a small floormat, some rubbish bags, a bottle of champagne that he drank. nothing for xmas, birthday, anniversary, not even a phone call.
Jun 24 - 11PM
betty2020
betty2020's picture

Can i add one that was an

Can i add one that was an "US" gift? He said he bought it for "US" because he was thinking about me. hahahah A dejay mixing board. Whot whot whot. I never did understand this. The music i listen to you cant mix but OK. I looked at it for a minute and he took over from there. I Never touched it again. He really though he was Master DJ Dave though. OMG Delusional. I wish i would have got the cereal or coffee. PS i had to leave my gift with him when i left

Jun 26 - 2PM (Reply to #57)
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Return Gifts

Mine was big into returning gifts too. The woman who followed me told me that he was upset that I did not return the diamond, eternity band wedding ring. I told her, he never asked. But, I am sure his lawyer said, "Dude, it don't work that way. She keeps the wedding ring under the law." Interestingly enough, he returned a lot of my gifts to him. But, just the ones he didn't want. I could care less. I just wanted out of there. The woman who followed me. She told me he wanted this cheap necklace he gave her. So she wanted the Kindle electronic book thing she gave him. He didn't want to give her that back!
Jun 26 - 6PM (Reply to #58)
Steph
Steph's picture

agnesmurphy17

agnesmurphy17!!! haven't seen you on here in awhile! Just wanted to send you a huge thank you!! You were one of the wonderful ladies who responded to me 6 months ago and helped me see things clear and save me!!! you had a HUGE impact on my recovery and thought you should know that. Many many hugs to you:)
Jun 24 - 11PM
aceonelady
aceonelady's picture

gift...

The only thing i ever got from him was a silver ring he found when remodeling an apartment at Housing from somebody that had been evicted....That was my welcome present when i got to Tulsa from Europe to visit him....And the other one was D&D 10 hours later.....

Aceonelady

Jun 24 - 11PM (Reply to #55)
Steph
Steph's picture

aceonelady

Your guy was such a pathetic peice of scum. You deserve the best of the best....not some finders keepers piece of junk. You should have told him to wear the ring himself....around his little d#@ck!
Jun 24 - 11PM
smileyfacepr
smileyfacepr's picture

I must have

been the lucky one here..he always gave me great gifts,,dvd players (new)jewlery, roses for no reason, cook me dinners, breakfast in bed anything hed find for our home, flat screen tv and other stuff..we did not have money but he would save up to buy me stuff I wanted..once he gave the collection of Oprahs cd's because she is my idol and mentor. He also used to surprise me w/dinner ready when I got home from work or surprise me w/something handy done in the house, romantic evenings planned, He had his good points! But screw him anyway I still deserve better and he still majorly fucked me in the end so it was all for nothing just to keep me hooked!!!

smileyfacepr

Jun 24 - 11PM (Reply to #51)
Janet
Janet's picture

The jerk gave me some nice

The jerk gave me some nice presents too, at times. But only because he wanted to control me with them somehow. And the last Christmas (2008)we spent together, when he had clearly devalued me, instead of jewelry, and cashmere sweaters - it was a bluetooth headpiece. (It is still unopened on principle) Peace. J

Peace. J

Jun 24 - 11PM (Reply to #52)
smileyfacepr
smileyfacepr's picture

They r incredible

ASSHOLES!!!!

smileyfacepr

Jun 25 - 6PM (Reply to #53)
hitandrun
hitandrun's picture

smileyfacepr

Mine sounds a lot like yours...I got great stuff, breakfast in bed, dinners, romance...but in the end he turned out to be a major jackass and the biggest coward known to man kind.
Jun 24 - 9PM
enoughalready
enoughalready's picture

gifts

The first 2 yrs, he gave me a few nice gifts-tiffany. Ok, then the 3rd year, he gave me a coupon for banana republic. You know- the ones they give u after u buy something. Spend $100 dollars and get 20% off of the next purchase. Yep, then for b-days and christmas the last 2 years were no gifts. We were not getting along, he said "I have everything anyway"- but best gift was a surprise gift he said he had when I came to meet him at the gym. He came up to me and said- did you see Lori ( a personal trainer I did not particularly like) and I said, yes. He said, (knowing I did not like her)-that was your surprise!!! #ucking sadist!