angelsiren story

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 17 - 1PM
angelsiren
angelsiren's picture

angelsiren story

I met my N last New Years Eve, what a great start to year I thought ! I could not have made this guy up, he ticked everything on my wish list, physically, culturally (we are both living abroad, but from the same country) and have similar back grounds.
But i was wary from the start, I knew something was 'off'but couldn't put my finger on it. I became consumed by him, I was seeing him at weekends, he said he was 'working' during the week, finally realised that that was a euphomism for seeing someone else. But the weekends were the most fun I have ever had in my life, but i was always left wanting, needing my next fix more because there was never any promise that the next weekend would happen. i was always waiting for the call from him to be told 'yes, let's get together this weekend''. Then i could relax and get excited about the weekend. It was always at his flat. The scene was always set when I got there, we always planned a playlist of music during the week to be played that weekend, adding to it every week. The music would be timed for me to make my entrance, the special cocktail (named after me )would be mixed and ready, lights, candles, films we had planned to watch etc. I was thouroughly seduced. Best ever sex etc.compliments that "he had finally found his soulmate, his other half, never been so connected with anyone etc"
But STILL I knew in my gut something was not right. I talked to friends about it, they couldn't understand my concerns, they said it sounded like he was smitten, however it came up in conversation with a client of my mine.
She said immediately, "Run!!! youv'e got yourself a N'" she had been in a relationship with one and was still in therapy 4 years later. She advised me what books to read, websites to go to etc... what a revelation, jaw dropping to read things that he said verbatim.
But I was still addicted surely i was different, and it would be different with me, he was so genuine.
But then a gift from the gods, he in a drunken state told me his password to his FB. What a fool. throwing integrity to wind and considered that my metal and emotional health meant more. I went onto his account. What a shocking revelation, 4 other women on the go at the same time, 3 of them conveniently out of the country. He would write to them , mostly on the same day, sexual, flirty e.mails, the script always the same, their responses all exactly the same (as mine had been, i'm ashamed to say, ) all promises of holidays/vists together in the future. All proffessing that they were only one's and life was torture and agony without them. One poor girl got her meager savings together and bought a ticket to come out here, upon learning this she was dropped like a hot potato. No more e.mails to her, she was in a confused panic, thinking something had happened to him.
Ashamed to say that i kept on seeing him, fooling myself that as knowledge is power, i could just enjoy my weekends with him knowing what was going on behind the scenes. However he must have picked up on my change in attitude toward him,I tried to break from him, he broke down in tears, saying he had kept his real feelings hidden from me as he didn't want to get hurt by me, this happened twice, each time i got sucked back in, Also the ' what about the clothes you left at my house' line sucked me in everytime. But now knowing that he was no longer up on a pedastal and being adored by me he began searching for his next prey. This I found out later, she lives in the same town, so the contact on FB was minimal, it was all done by phone.
Suddenly i was put on the back burner, she had now replaced me on the weekends. (she looks exactly like me, and again we both come from the same counrty)
At first was gutted, even though i knew what was coming(still vainly holding onto the belief that I would be different).
but then found this website, the narcspeak section was the tipping point. Even though I had seen those phrases on other websites, the italics explaining what he 'really' means was the real wake up call. I now really saw that he thinks we are stupid, gullible and will basically bend over for a compliment said in that sincere and genuine manner. He despises us and laughs at our gullibilty.
Following the story between him on and this poor girl on FB( he is out of the country at the moment, but not before lining up 3 girls to see when he gets there), I can see the whole arc of the story. She is already obsessed with him, after just spending two weekends with him. Where as I NEVER told him about my feelings for him, or the torment I went through when I hadn't heard from him. I always played it very cool, only ever returning his calls, but never calling him otherwise. I think that's why I lasted longer than the others. She is all ready telling him that she is obbsessed with him, the weeks he is away from her her agony, etc. He is taking full advantage of this off course, getting him to send naked photos of herself to him,etc...
So poor girl is heading for heartache. If i didn't know what i know by getting his FB account, I think I would have had a breakdown by now, not knowing why there was suddenly cold, distant behavour, then no contact etc. I hurts like hell that I really was interchangeable and so readily replaced. He still consumes my thoughts, but it has changed, I feel that I am coming through and regaining an interest in life again. So I got bloody lucky on many counts...knowledge really is power, thank god for this site. I read the narcspeak section constantly, and have stuck some off the quotes on my computer as a reminder of the sad, nasty bastard he really is, and most importantly that he holds as all in complete contempt.

Jul 3 - 10PM
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Getting lucky

I had seen my ex-P as a potential boyfriend. I saw the same dishonest, contemptuous behavior. You're right... you were lucky you got out when you did. You wisely saved yourself LOTS of heartbreak. Your words are heartening. I was addicted to my ex-Psychopath. My friends had diagnosed him as a Narcissist, but my mother was more precise in that he was a psychopath. It was 4 years of agony. His name no longer arouses desire in me. His words no longer make my heart skip a beat. He is a boring, empty "philosopher." He's heartless and soulless. If I never see him again, I don't care. I don't need him. I don't need to see or him. He wanted to see me eliminated. You're right. You've brought much wisdom here. Thanks for your insights.
Jun 20 - 11AM
NancyM
NancyM's picture

Angelsiren

hi there and yes you are extremely lucky to have got out of that one before you got too far in. I think around here people refer to that as a dodged bullet. Good for you. Its heartening to see that this information is filtering out and helping people avoid being pulled all the way into a N situation.

Nevergoback

Jun 17 - 9PM
Happy1
Happy1's picture

weekend girl

wow! Your story really hits home to me. I'm a weekend woman right now. He doesn't have any desire to see me during the week and only sends me 1 text usually a day. I see him almost every weekend but not this weekend because he said he wants to spend quality time with his son. It's all for show. I know he even uses his cute son to get attention from women. Anyway, I'm having a hard time breaking for this myself. I feel he's seeing other women but haven't tried to prove it to myself I guess. I guess I'm scared to really know he is. You're lucky you got out and you sound like you are going strong. I hope you have gone NC with the jerk. Your story gives me hope
Jun 17 - 7PM
Introspection
Introspection's picture

Hello Angelsiren and welcome!

Interesting story and yes, you really are lucky! There will never be an easy way out when breaking up with masters of seduction but you were not left with the "why" that many victims on this board still search after. Are you still seeing him on and off?
Jun 24 - 12PM (Reply to #2)
angelsiren
angelsiren's picture

no, he just got back in the

no, he just got back in the country and has contacted me once by IM since then, He was trying to be flirty, and of course did the 'I have your birthday present and your clothes at my house, when can I see you ?'. I replied, despite knowing that I shouldn't have any contact, (difficult to shake my innate polite upbringing !!). However I said that I was very busy and would call him later, which is impossible as I have deleted his number. but actually that felt more satisfying than just ignoring him straight off. i checked his Facebook account just the one time in the last couple of weeks and it seems he got careless while he was abroad and a lot of the women he had hooked up with over there have found out about each other. So he has completely burnt his bridges over there, his world over there is collapsing like a pack of cards. Women are now writing on his wall on Facebook, outing him. But he so N that he has not even deleted those posts, I think he thinks that any attention is good attention ! I am just going to write off the birthday present and clothes at his house. I have no desire anymore to see him, thinking about him, evokes the 'Yuck' factor. It all happened quite suddenly, looking back at the journal I was keeping throughout this, I can see that two months ago I was in a terrible place, but I really feel now that I've emerged. But again I was so lucky for all those reasons I wrote about initially. Best of all luck with your situation, and thank you everybody for all the amazing support. I think this website is a true lifesaver for all of us.xxx
Jun 24 - 7PM (Reply to #3)
Introspection
Introspection's picture

Based on your choice of

Based on your choice of words used on your response, it appears that you have moved on and it appears that you are not going through the type pain that most victims feel at the onset of the break-up. If I have correctly captured your emotional state, then WOW, I am very proud of you. You should help other victims on this site with the stratgies you used to overcome this relationship and bounce back so quickly, I'm sure they are interested in your input. Congrats on your decision to stay away!