1 post / 0 new
#1 Jun 14 - 8AM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Sandra Brown

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:26:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Once again, from The Institute
To: [email protected]

You continue to reference Barbara. Thousands of people have utilized and benefited from the information of The Institute as has she. However she is not part of our organization via staff. I have been aware of her websites for several years and she has referred various people to The Institute or recommended us for pathology consults with other organizations, but so have dozens of other websites and agencies so I don't understand your correlations. She has nothing to do with this.

Whatever your issues are with her or any others that are problematic to you, it has nothing to do with us--nor am I, or others at The Institute, aware of these allegations you have made about her and others. Whatever those problems are, they are not related to us nor should The Institute be privy to the information about those personal or legal issues with others. You post a private email as if it is slander. Private emails can not be shared as slanderous, defamatory or anything else and we should not have even seen that.

I will forward your info from this email to Legal IP in case you have not. Thank you.

Sandra L. Brown, M.A.,
The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction& Public Pathology Education
www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com

--- On Sun, 7/18/10, Lisa wrote:

Subject: Re: Once again, from The Institute
To: "Sandra Brown"
Cc: "one2one4victims" , [email protected],
Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 1:28 PM

Dear Sandra,

I received your formal "Demand to Cease and Desist and Remove Libel" from my website. I removed everything, but I would just like to state I did nothing but state facts. When information can be proven as factual and truthful, it is not defamation or libel.

Not to mention, you asked me to post your e-mail in it's entirety. I did and then the next day you told me you wanted it taken down. Every day it appears to be a different request, but clearly I have done nothing but state factual information and accommodate your ever-changing requests.

Furthermore, I know you know that I have done nothing but promote your book and your services on my website. To quote more than one member of my forum:

"Sandra Brown's book is like the Bible around here and Lisa has no problem with that." Nope, I never did because my priority was helping victims.

I hope you can get back to focusing on victims as I believe Barbara has really influenced you in a horrible way. Please be very careful when working with her going forward. I can attest from my own experience that she is capable of turning on you in an instant with no warning and without provocation.

As I said, I removed the factual information you requested, but you should know Barbara and your cohorts, on the other hand, have openly slandered me, starting their own forum soliciting members from MY forum. These members have shared with me the horrible, slanderous comments that were made about me on their new forum. Barbara and Mary cyber-stalk me, call my place of work and e-mail my employer trying to get me in trouble for being on my website during work hours.

Barbara herself sent me the e-mail she sent out to members of my forum when she resigned. It is absolute slander and falsification of facts I can prove. I have proof of defamation and libel in my hands from Barbara herself, plus witness testimony of members who were subjected to the new forum, and I will absolutely use it if pressed any further. I have copied and pasted the letter I am referring to below so you can see what she is capable of doing to you.

I have removed what you asked. I am done and done with this whole ordeal. If anyone continues to stalk, harass or defame me, I will take legal action next time. I will absolutely not hesitate and I have solid proof of libel in my hands, not to mention several witnesses.

Barbara and Mary - I am copying you on this so you are fully warned in writing that I will take legal action if you continue to stalk, harass, defame me, or call my place of employment. I have rights and I will exercise those rights if this continues. I will not hesitate. This is your only warning.

Sandra, I hope we can both get back to focusing on what matters - the victims. I wish you the best in your practice as I do believe you have good intentions, but have been misled and duped by the very same women that at one time had me fooled. Please be careful.

Sincerely,
Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Sandra Brown wrote:

Lisa, that is not the totality of what I requested in those emails and that you can't seem to 'adhere' (as you put it) to what was requested in more than one email has become problematic.

I provided several courtesy emails to you that are normally NOT done by me. These issues came to my desk because it was related to your site which someone recognized your name and remembered it from our list of sites related to personality disorders. This is you Lisa, not someone else who did this. I did this to deflect it going right on to LegalIP.

What it has escalated to is now, quite frankly, out of my hands. They will be in touch with where it goes from here. You're on their meter now and it's running...

Sandra L. Brown, M.A.,
The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction& Public Pathology Education
www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com