Life Unscripted

1 post / 0 new
#1 May 5, 2010 - 8:43am
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Life Unscripted

I've noticed here that a common trait of narcissists is that they can be incredibly stilted,and expect people to live by their "scripts." And, boy are they angry when people think and feel for themselves! When I first met my ex-N,he said he was writing a book about Wittgenstein and St. Augustine, and that it would be published in a decade (the deadline was 2006) Naturally, I bragged to my friends. He interrogated my friends, badmouthed me... then claimed he wasn't writing a book, he was only THINKING of writing a book. He looked daggers at me when one of his colleagues said I was "singing his praises." In the end, during the D&D, he was genuinely shocked that I considered him a lying,arrogant bully. I told him that NORMAL people apologize when they hurt another person's feelings;he still put ALL the blame on my "inappropriate behavior." When I told him that I considered him human, and that yes, people do bad things, and that other people considered him an emotionless robot/monster,he practically begged me to hate him. After all the public humiliation (and his refusal to be accountable),the lack of remorse was chilling.

His speech could be poetic at times... but some of my friends said he made major word salads,and thought he was a mean, masturbating drunk.

Experiences?