Lucky's Story

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 27 - 5PM
lucky
lucky's picture

Lucky's Story

I have been online dating and this last year decided to really give it a go this last year, since I have been a solo parent to my two kids, being both the Mom and Dad, the nuturer and the provider. It was time for me...

One person in particular was very persistent in contacting/meeting me... last year, I turned him down (he was very reactive) then 6 months later, he tried again on two different dating sites. When we finally connected, I felt an instant and mutual attraction.... we started chatting online with IMs and webcams and things escalated between us very quickly. At the time, I thought this was such a good sign, the chemistry was amazing, even at a distance (he lives in the next Province). We met in person on two occasions, and the physical connection between us was exactly as we both expected. The excitement and the attraction was mutual. He told me at one point, "I'm falling for you!" and other comments that seemed he was interested in the whole package!

Becuz of the distance, the majority of our interactions were via online chatting (Instant Messaging with/and without web cam), email, and text. He eagerly gave me his phone #'s at first, and we chatted, but eventually didnt want phone calls. I repeatedly asked for more phone calls in between meeting, but he would not accommodate, even though I said, I cant get a read on you... cant tell if you are angry, joking, etc.

In between all the positive emotions we were feeling, he would occasionally be condescending, belittling, cut conversations short before responding to my questions, become manipulative, controlling, jealous, and possessive, which seemed to increase in frequency and intensity over time. The fact that it was online, made it hard for me to tell the tone of voice, etc.

But I kept tuning in to MY feelings and recognized them from long ago (ex-husband was pathological), until I finally realized that I likely was dealing with an Abuser, and from the little that I knew of him, he fit perfectly into the description of a Nacissistic type of abuser.

In the end, I refused to comply with his manipulations, feeling hurt and angry that he had no regard for my feelings, thoughts, opinions. The third time, he was coming into town and we were to meet, it was all about sex and what HE wanted to do in particular. I had told him more than once I was not comfortable with doing these things, and then asked, "Is this all you are interested in doing when you are here?!" His response?... "Sensitive are we? LOL" I replied that I thought that was a fair question, and wanted an open, honest response. To this he texted the reply, "Cya later! Not into drama!"

How Cruel! Blaming and accusing ME! I am not a dramatic type, and further, he was accusing me of jealousy because I wouldn't comply with a 3rd party for sex! Overly jealous is HIM freakin out because I was online 'checking my messages!'

So I told him (via text since he controlled the communication methods) that he was NOT honest and open as he SAID and wrote in his profiles but that he was being manipulative. There were a few emails, texts thereafter, and he was very cruel, or ignored me,basically ditching me as though I meant nothing after 6 months of constant and intense emotional/sexual involvement. I was shocked that someone could go from, I think of you everyday, you turn me on so much... to Cya Later!

I am still healing emotionally, reaffirming my boundaries. But.... believe it or not, I still have some doubts about whether or not this guy was a Narcissist, because I hardly saw him in person. I know that his treatment of me was cruel and abusive in the end, and I know that should be enough.

But what is so hurtful is that he cut all communication, at the crux of my desire for him and longing to see him. He gave me no explanation, no validation, just cut me off. However, I really did call him on his BS having figured out his evil plan! ha ha. And believe me, i was in a very confused place with him, it took a lot of deep thinking to uncover it. I just wish I had kept my composure - in my last message, I swore at him online and told him he was full of crap, that he used excuses not to call, my instincts were right about him LAST YEAR, and my standard of how I'm treated is higher, etc. I was so angry... and HURT!

I messaged him again some time ago, asking him to delete from his computer some very racy pics of me he had. That also bothers me, where those might end up. I seemed to be under a spell or something for a while, as he requested these pics. In the beginning I actually felt safe with him! He responded with an email, simply ... "Done." I don't know whether to believe him or not, but cant do anything about it now. I still had some doubts that we were just misunderstanding, miscommunicating with each other, and he actually had a shred of decency in there, so I responded with a simple, "Thanks :)" (feeling relieved that he had deleted them!). His response?....

"I have NO interest in hearing from someone who is like you. Don't contact me anymore! Thanks!" (Anyone have an interpretation for THAT one? ha!)

Outraged, I texted him "Like a TRUE ABUSER you have tried to blame me for your disgusting behavior! Your phone and email are BLOCKED! Don't contact ME anymore!" He texted something cruel back, always had to have the last say!

Of all the nerve, making ME into the bad one, as though I was abusing HIM!

I think all this means that he will avoid me at all costs, although there was one occasion after shutting things down once before, he did contact me again. A friend of mine says at some point, like a typical Abuser, he will dangle out the line again... just to see if I will take it....

I know this is not right, but I still can't get him out of my head, my attraction initially went so deep. I cry because I think I will never feel that much attraction for anyone again. Why did it have to be from someone who was such a creep?! I feel like he stole my sexuality. I know I shouldnt want contact with him, but I still do... and that is the problem. He is not trying to contact me and I still want closure, understanding. And of course, because I had to figure all this out under a cloak of sorts, I still feel like I maybe have the wrong diagnosis.

Does he sound like a Narcissist to you?

PS: My Screen name is 'Lucky' becuz it was at a distance, and I think I caught it before it got even worse. He was married before, and described his ex as a 'pathological liar' who chooses not to spend any quality time with her daughter. Says his daughter spends most of her time with him, and ex lost custody of her 3 daughters from a previous marriage due to her issues. Says, he 'got away from her.' Hmmmmmmmm....

Dec 28 - 2PM
agnesmurphy17
agnesmurphy17's picture

Lucky

One thing I'm wondering . . . since he limited phone contact & he lived in another province . . . maybe he's not single? Maybe he's married?
Dec 28 - 3PM (Reply to #6)
lucky
lucky's picture

could be

yes, I thought of that too. At first I thought it was cuz he had his daughter with him, and I've known single Dad's who dont want to involve their kids at first, becuz the kids may say something to the Mom, and it cause more dissention. The only thing is this guy has two VERY PUBLIC profiles on major dating sites (lots of photos, names his occupation, location). So he's not trying to hide out. I think more the case of easier to juggle women via texting! But that is what made it so hard for me too... seeing his 'above board' profiles that say he is real, down to earth, loves what he does for a living, looking for relationship, etc. Plus a WHOLE bunch of great, recent pics (which not a lot of online men have!). Very hard to look at and remember. Feeling of false sense of security becuz of that. Nice guy... family man, Daddy, long time in profession, etc... Ouch.
Dec 28 - 9PM (Reply to #7)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

lucky

Psycho-Boy had LOADS of casual Sex wanted Profiles out. Made no secret he was married... http://Eroticy.com/MySexetera/Profile/ViewProfile.asp?ID=282692 http://Eroticy.com/MySexetera/Profile/ViewProfile.asp?ID=221863 http://cyberpathlinks.blogspot.com/2007/06/j-aka-gridney-aka-yidwithlid-aka-sammy.html have you run a background check on him? Cyberpaths are often married - they just DO NOT CARE ~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Dec 29 - 3PM (Reply to #8)
lucky
lucky's picture

background check

I would like to run a background check, but don't know about the expense or availability. In Canada the privacy laws are more stringent, so the Net Detective tools and such are about as effective as a simple Google search. Not sure if I can access government records of marriages/divorces in Canada. Does anyone know?
Dec 29 - 7PM (Reply to #9)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

lucky

http://www.efindoutthetruth.com/canada.htm http://www.abika.com/ (you can also ADD information you know on someone on this background check site) but start by googling: his full name the name he uses his screen name(s) his email(s) and read EVERYTHING... I was stunned what I found on Psycho-Boy on page 30-something. Unfortunately there is no MARRIAGE DATABASE in either the US or Canada http://fightbigamy.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/09/why_we_need_a_n.html ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Dec 27 - 6PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

welcome Lucky

Welcome... get into therapy with a TRAUMA COUNSELOR IMMEDIATELY - call a DV Center if you need to get an advocate ASAP you may want to read the stories on this site: http://cyberpaths.blogspot.com My story with Psycho-Boy is there ONLINE DATING IS A HUGE HUGE NO NO - FOR ANYONE AT ANYTIME. Predators just LIVE on ONLINE DATING SITES!! ALL OF THEM!! STAY AWAY!!! - PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - PLEASE read the stories of others on SHARE YOUR STORY. This alone is one of the most validating things you can do! Far too many become completely wrapped up in their own drama... which just makes it all worse. It will also help you see the pattern of their INCURABLE PATHOLOGY - PLEASE read through our whole blog: http://www.lisaescott.com/blog - chock full of articles about Ns and healing PLEASE read the Rules prior to posting, as well - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim Remember this board is NEVER to be used as a replacement for therapy. Please find a therapist and start going as SOON as possible for whatever level of PTSD he's left you with!! BLOCK HIS EMAILS, IMs and TEXTS change your phone & cell numbers NO CONTACT! Get to a PTSD/ trauma counselor ASAP... Healing takes at LEAST 18 months and you will need support & help from a professional. Please get it ASAP. again YOU did nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong. ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Dec 27 - 8PM (Reply to #2)
lucky
lucky's picture

Wow

Thanks, Barbara for your concern. I am surprized at your urgency. Maybe Ive been kiddin' myself about handling this on my own. Im doing better now than at last contact, 4 months ago. Last time I saw him in person was 6 months ago. Honestly, I shared only with one close friend by telephone and her response was of concern, but she really didnt get how I didnt just 'get over it, forget the jerk and move on.' There is a brainwashing and addiction process (I actually recognized I may have been addicted around the summer!). I have been reading extensively about Narcissim, abuse and addiction. I still wake up with anxiety, and a feeling of dread and sadness at times, and Im still not quite my usual happy, optimistic self. He sure did the 'dumping of his junk' on me for sure. I did some spiritual chord cutting via CD therapy. He does not contact me.. but I'm still feeling the effects, and the chord cutting is to deal with the psychic intrusions by these people. I dont know of any good Therapists in my town. I live in a smaller center, and really, finding good professionals is very tuff. I highly doubt there are counsellors who understand Narcissism at all. Any recommendations? Phone counselling? :) thanks
Dec 27 - 8PM (Reply to #3)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

lucky

the longer you let it go - the more permanent the after effects will become. PLEASE scroll through ALLLLL the pages of our message board - Pathologicals leave people with PTSD. Period. You don't just GET OVER IT... These are the only phone coaches for counseling I recommend: http://www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com/wp-content/registerforcoaching.php Well worth it and cost effective! Get in touch with them ASAP ~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free... but first it will piss you off - Gloria Steinem Visit My Abuse Website
Dec 28 - 11AM (Reply to #4)
4joys4
4joys4's picture

About your photo being

About your photo being deleted? They lie about everything, so it may have to be something you accept. That he still has them. Get as much therapy and help as you can.