'at a girl!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 26 - 9PM
grossot
grossot's picture

'at a girl!

Got a school paper out of dd's cubbie the other day. The teacher helped her with it. It said 'I'm thankful for .....

Drum roll please...

My mommy!

Yay!

And she drew a pictue of me, her and a strange figure which she told the teacher was a balloon. It had a sad face drawn on it.

Nov 27 - 10AM
NanC (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Grossot

Thats great that your daughter knows her Momma will always be there for her. My daughter always refers to my husband as her "Daddy". She can spell his name & has his phone number memorized. She knows nothing about the Narc. With the N, it is "out of sight out of mind" for her...Wish he'd stay out of sight...
Nov 27 - 12AM
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

grossot

That's so awesome. Kids are smarties, aren't they?? I am so glad it made you feel good. I don't know what I'd do without my kids, they are amazing. That balloon thing is very interesting, I wonder what an expert might say about that? Represents her Dad? That he's full of hot air?? Flighty?? Got a big head?? Oooo, or - not a REAL person, but a thing?? Makes you think....!
Dec 2 - 11PM (Reply to #5)
grossot
grossot's picture

quietude

I swear I've never called him an airhead in front of her:) If I were going to call him something it would be: @#@#$%$^& good for nothing *(*(@@@#### for brains !!!!!&^% %$$## @@##$%&&& ********@@* Narc! And really, how do ya draw that?!!! (of course, I'd never say anything in front of her - I know that's not what you meant in your post - I may just ask my psych about that.......good thought!) lol!!! http://hubpages.com/hub/Married-to-a-Narcissist?preview nolongercontrolled
Dec 2 - 11PM (Reply to #6)
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

grossot

Ya, there was a bit of sarcasm in my response! It just makes you wonder what goes on in our precious children's minds when it comes to all they have to endure. As the kid of an N mom, I really feel that my dad could have made up for my mom's shortcomings if he poured on the love much more than he did. I think he was just trying to cope with a lot of kids, full time job and full time college, and a wacko wife. My point is, what you give to your daughter is and will always be so important and appreciated by her. It's hard to try to make up for the 'other' parent's crappy issues, but it's worth it to her. She is lucky to have you (and visa versa!). I know what you mean with the name calling thing, as much as I've been angry at my ex-husband (who wasn't a narc), I have refrained from calling him nasty names in front of the kids.
Nov 26 - 10PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

High Five Grossot

YAY!!! I get stuff like that all the time. Last year one of my kids had to write a paper on who they admired the most... the other kid had to write about who the most interesting person they knew was... both of them chose... ME!!! I was verklempt... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem
Nov 26 - 10PM
Amazed
Amazed's picture

Nice to be seen for who you are

Nice to be seen for who you are, despite the shadown that is seemingly cast by a pathological N on EVERYONE around them,,,(since THEY can be the ONLY ONE in the spotlight). I am glad you saw that, your relationship is true, and all you have to give adds value so keep on doing those positive things,,,you will certainly be appreciated and have lasting value.
Dec 3 - 7AM (Reply to #2)
4joys4
4joys4's picture

That sadness is a part of

That sadness is a part of her that she rather keep outside herself because its painful. Thats my take on it. This gift you received is precious! I still keep things like this my children did for me at school when they were young. Some are aprop. for today and I take them out and hang them on my fridge.