"Our Song"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 26 - 8PM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

"Our Song"

It's funny, now when i hear a song that was "our song" or hear a song that used to remind me of him, i feel confused instead of all warm & fuzzy like i use to. I have to admit, at first, I would cry & cry, wishing to God he would have been who i thought he was. There's this spanish song that should fit us all... It says "I'm not cryin cause you're leaving, I'm cryin cause you haven't left!" Lol!

Sep 27 - 8AM
finallydone
finallydone's picture

Songs

I can relate and then some.... my ex is a Dueling Piano Player. He plays (and very well I might add) and sings every single freaking song on the radio. I haven't been able to listen to the radio in 4 months. Just can't do it. And I love music. A friend of mine invited me to go to Howl at the Moon (dueling piano bar) in town this weekend... and I had to turn her down. I sat in these bars while he was gigging have a great time for years watching him play and loving the music. To go to one, especially when I've probably met some of the piano players, and watch other people do this would probably result in a nervous breakdown and ruining my friends evening. She never met him, but had a relationship like this in the distant past and understood. I hate that I can't listen to music... but I just can't right now. It tears me up completely.
Sep 27 - 8AM
dolce (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Heard this in my car

Heard this in my car yesterday... Love on the Rocks (Neil Diamond) First, they say they want you How they really need you Suddenly you find you're out there Walking in a storm When they know they have you Then they really have you Nothing you can do or say You've got to leave, just get away We all know the song ~Free to Be~
Sep 27 - 3AM
Marie
Marie's picture

Songs

There were a few songs associated with my N. I remember hearing Sugar by the Archies of all things in the supermarket and breaking down so bad I had to go sit in my car. It was always a favorite of mine from childhood and seems was his as well or so he claimed. I feel nothing now when I hear it just the song that I loved as a child. I couldn't listen to the Beatles either for the longest time, they would always depress me. It's nice to be able to listen to my favorite songs again without any attachment to him.
Sep 27 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
nhtmf
nhtmf's picture

Thought it very strange that

Thought it very strange that after close to 3 years we didn't have an "our song". I even metioned it to him because it was odd. A first for me. I am very much into music and have quite a few kickass breakup songs that are mine all mine. The artist Pink has got it going on for me. Also the "Hit the Road Jack and especially Here I am Again on MY Own Going Down the Only road I've Ever Known, etc........Many more. Deb
Sep 26 - 11PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

confusion

http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/03/20/cognitive-dissonance-obsessional-thoughts ~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Pathologicals only discard the best, most precious of gems of people... not the worst. They despise the strong, principled, decent & honest. Their discarding of you is then their highest commendation of your worth!" - A.V.