Renaisssance Man

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 10 - 11PM
grossot
grossot's picture

Renaisssance Man

Lisa you know how you mentioned in your book one of your N's being a renassance man? My N told everyone we knew he was a renaissance man b/c he knew how to use a wepon and bake a pie! Just thought was funny and interesting.
Nolongercontrolled

Jun 11 - 5PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

OCD

just a warning - what you ladies are describing isn't full blown OCD or the disorder... it is OC for sure - but OC with their IMAGE and the TRAPPINGS. those who suffer from the DISORDER of OCD are tormented. These guys aren't. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Free articles & information for abuse victims: http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com Effective Coaching for Victims of Pathologicals http://one2one4victims.webs.com/
Jun 12 - 9AM (Reply to #8)
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

Hindsight

I do see that now, Barbara. I recognized what I thought was OC about a variety of things in the early stages of the relationship (and wrote it off as a wierd quirk) but it became obvious it wasn't OCD as time went on. He was NPD!
Jun 11 - 7PM (Reply to #7)
neveragain
neveragain's picture

You're Right On Barbara

I can see that there IS a difference between OCDisorder and OC period. Looking back at all the things my N was OC about were ALL about HIM and his image. In my opinion, he spent so much TIME doing all of the "clean up", he didn't have any time left over to pay much attention to me or have any fun either. By the way, his idea of foreplay was, "Do you wanna have sex?" And he didn't like to kiss me either. I know that's off-topic for this thread but....just thinking out loud here. I think I wasted a lot of time on that relationship. Three years. *sigh* Oh well, it could have been worse. Much worse. I could have MARRIED him! Perish the thought.
Jun 11 - 11AM
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

Metrosexual N #1

My first N used to say he was both man's man and a metrosexual (renaissance man). He fished and hunted, but made a mean pasta sauce and "famous chocolate chip cookies". Always emphasized the word "faaaaaaamous"! Although I have to admit, his pasta sauce was to die for. :) There were only 2 good things about him---great cook and treated my animals well.
Jun 11 - 8PM (Reply to #5)
malloryforest
malloryforest's picture

STBXNH

mine said the same thing!!!!!! He always called himself a metrosexual (renaissance man.) He fished and hunted and could arrange flowers and cook. He was a good cook!!!!! but, he wouldn't let anyone else cook because his food was always better. He used to say that he was the perfect man! He was if you ignore the abuse and the infidelity!
Jun 11 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

everything man

I have to laugh, mine was a good cook, good cleaner, very but very OCD about it, handy around the house, and LOVED animals. Oh ya, and inside, I'm sure he thought he was a badass. He actually thought he was good at everything but would NEVER say that, people who SAY it are arrogant!! (is what he'd say), what a joke. My ex looks great ON PAPER, it's when you get to know him all hell breaks loose!
Jun 11 - 5PM (Reply to #3)
GhostBuster
GhostBuster's picture

OCD--mine too

OCD all the way. Couldn't do anything without totally focusing to the exclusion of all else and would become obsessed with it. When we were together, my nickname for him was "OCD Boy".
Jun 11 - 5PM (Reply to #4)
neveragain
neveragain's picture

OMG! Mine was OCD also!!

Mine was so OCD, he didn't like water spots in the sink! He would spend HOURS polishing his rims, cleaning his vehicles and inside his house. He'd use a lint roller on the sheets! He was constantly preening.....clipping and filing his toenails, gargling incessantly with mouthwash, taking really long showers, and lining up all his food just so. God forbid if he'd get a ding on his surfboard or the side of his truck....it would ruin his day!! He exhausted me.