is this "crazy making" or is he delutional or have i finally lost it?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 11 - 6AM
grossot
grossot's picture

is this "crazy making" or is he delutional or have i finally lost it?

I desperately need to understand what is going on. Please help.
I told N the only thing he can talk to me about is our child. He is on the rampage about sending her to school in the fall. She barely meets the cut off to attend kgarten. I said she wasn't emotionally ready. He said well we'just send her to kgarten for 2 yrs! He took her to the screening. They told him she wasn't ready. Now he's on the rampage to talk me into letting her go to prek 1 and a half hrs away from where I work. So he can take her and pick her up even though temp custody orders heve him seeing her minimally throughout the week. I found a prek between both of our jobs good locatio excellent repution 5 day/week. I tried to make him feel like the prek I was taking about was his idea. He said. The one he found would be better since its a prek and not a preschool! Is there a difference? Then he called back and said I will consider your preschool if you and me are the only ones on the pick up list! He does not want my parents to pick her up. Why? My wildest imagination could not tell you. He said I can't believe you would do this to her I said what he said pick a preschool based on location.
Help me make some sense of this. I don't think its about winning. Its about what makes the most sense. Why should I be an hour and a half away from my daughtert every day. She's npot even 5 yet!

Jun 11 - 4PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

this is it grossot - its a PTSD thing

THE INSTINCTUAL "FREEZE RESPONSE" When many of us are injured, we go into a state of disassociation at the moment of trauma to survive. Our body/mind experiences an instinctive "freeze response" and this positional, physiological memory becomes indelibly imprinted into our mind/body awareness. The sympathetic and parasympathetic autonomic nervous systems become stuck in a state of hyper arousal that is not under our voluntary control. It is like having your foot on the accelerator of a car and the other foot on the brake. This consumes an enormous amount of energy and eventually exhausts us. Because this positional memory becomes disassociated and locked in our subconscious, we have no awareness of it and without conscious awareness, we have no control of it. This "freeze response", over time, creates holding or bracing patterns that eventually produce increased chronic muscular tone, spasm, and myofascial restrictions that eventually become symptoms. More: http://narc-attack.blogspot.com/2008/04/malignant-narcissists-shock-tactics.html
Jun 11 - 12PM
finallydone
finallydone's picture

CONTROL!

OMG! This is totally about control and absolutely nothing else. I've had conversations exactly like this. Different subject matter, same format. This has nothing to do with what's best for your daughter or even what makes sense logistically for anybody.... it's just about control. I saw Barbara's comment below and I agree 100%. Hang in there kiddo.
Jun 11 - 2PM (Reply to #4)
Fawn
Fawn's picture

preschool

Yes, he is using your child as a pawn. Lucky that your school district has screening for kindergarten. Most also have a cut-off date for birthdays, so that kids don't go to school too soon. If you have custody, you should be able to make the call on where she goes to preschool. Don't let the N push you around, because he doesn't have your childs best interests in mind, just his.when he loses interest, you will be stuck taking her and picking her up far away. Just try to stay calm and focused on what is best for your daughter.
Jun 11 - 9AM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

grossot

he's delusional easy answer: he's looking to GAIN CONTROL AGAIN VIA YOUR CHILD! Let him rampage - if he gets to be too much get the courts involved! Ns classically use children as pawns; which is why it is MUCH BETTER to be in a home WITHOUT THE N AROUND. The children do soooo much better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Free articles & information for abuse victims: http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com Effective Coaching for Victims of Pathologicals http://one2one4victims.webs.com/
Jun 11 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
grossot
grossot's picture

Thank you all for you input

Thank you all for you input and validation. I know you all know how it is because you've been there. When its happening though its like my brain freezes and I don't know heads from tails. nolongercontrolled