Told my feelings to mom in law and sister in law

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 28 - 2PM
malloryforest
malloryforest's picture

Told my feelings to mom in law and sister in law

Hi all,

I don't know if I did the right thing, but in a very dignified way, I wrote an email to both my sister in law and mother in law and told them how deeply hurt I was that mom in law would choose to spend her birthday with son and new GF, than with her grandchildren. I also told them that I felt deeply hurt that they would choose to meet this woman before our divorce was final. I told them that it showed a disrespect to both me and the grandchildren.

I am sure I won't hear back, but ast least i stood up for us.

May 28 - 10PM
Elena
Elena's picture

The Right Thing!

Malloryforest, I totally support what you did. And I love your tone - "dignified". One thing a friend of mine told me with a very strong tone when I was in the bottom of the pit was: "Elena, you need to act with dignity during this process". And I remember that this really impacted me in a positive way, it filled me with courage, and somehow it just stayed with me. And it drove my attitude from that point forward, and throughout the entire divorce process. In regards to your sister-in-law and mother-in-law, I think that with their actions, they are enabling him, or supporting him in his actions. They deserve to hear the truth from your standpoint about their behavior. You have the right to express your dissatisfaction about this, as your divorce is not final yet. You have my support my friend! Elena
May 28 - 9PM
grossot
grossot's picture

of course you did the right

of course you did the right thing! It's fine to second guess yourself as long as you realize at some point YOU ARE NOT IN THE WRONG! Why do we have to keep telling ourselves this. N don't have to do that. Mallory, you are a very caring individual. You are not losing your ability to care just because you were bold! ((((((hug)))))))) nolongercontrolled
May 28 - 6PM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Malloryforest

Good job. I'm very proud of you for writing that letter to sister and mother in law. It's important that you get things off your chest, so important. Regardless of whether they write back, you spoke your mind and that's what matters. It's exactly what you needed to do. Congrats.
May 28 - 3PM
RenewD
RenewD's picture

Keeping my fingers crossed...

...for you that you either don't hear back from her or that she lets you know she understands how you feel... It's good that you got it off your chest. Hopefully her reaction to it won't be negative. ~Denise~
May 28 - 6PM (Reply to #2)
malloryforest
malloryforest's picture

Don't care

Don't really care if her reaction is negative. Just felt like I needed to get it off my chest, and stand up for the children. I spoke to my lawyer who said in no way do i have to take the kids to visit mom in law, since she has shown no respect towards them. She also said that I in no way have to take the kids back to our old state to visit father. He most do all the traveling to visit them.
May 28 - 9PM (Reply to #6)
RenewD
RenewD's picture

Re: Don't care

Mallory, You have a great perspective on the situation then, and I'm glad you don't care what her reaction is. That's definitely very healthy. It's hard to tell on here what state of mind everyone is in at times, and I know there have been times I have received replies from emails that I sent to family members that had responses very different from what I had hoped for. Sometimes it's hard to take. But I'm glad for you. You're strong, and you're doing really well working through it all. ~Denise~
May 28 - 8PM (Reply to #5)
Fawn
Fawn's picture

Right on, sister. You are

Right on, sister. You are getting some backbone now.
May 28 - 8PM (Reply to #3)
Fawn
Fawn's picture

Right on, sister. You are

Right on, sister. You are getting some backbone now.
May 29 - 9AM (Reply to #4)
Mariline
Mariline's picture

Mallory

I totally agree with Dcrutche! Remember: Safe People are people who draw you closer to who you were meant to be spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. They encourage you to be your most loving, growing self. (Emotional Abusers- Heartless Bitches International)