advice

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 28 - 10PM
grossot
grossot's picture

advice

Through all of this drama that i'm going through, i'm learning to reach out. So i'm asking for advice in this topic. (and i'm not apologizing for it!); I must say it does make for a good laugh...i'm interested to hear your thoughts....

what do you make of this:

today i talked to my attorney who is beginning to see the N for who he really is (thank God). I told him my cell phone that n primarily reaches me at is ending it's contract and i will not be renewing it. How did he want me to handle this. He took my 2 other phone numbers (which n has and has had) and faxed them immediately to n's attorney so that n cannot say he has no way of contacting me about our daughter. But my lawyer wanted me to contact him and let him know of the phone # situation.

Shortly after the meeting, i received a call from a friend at work (I'm not there this week - not information that was necessary to share with n boy). She said "he just called here and i told him you weren't here and asked if i could take a message and he said 'no that's all i need thank you that's all i wanted to know' (her words)

Well i called using my new cell phone with a restricted number (i swear i wasn't trying to make him mad). it was stupid of me to use that phone but again it's a restricted number. This is the conversation:
Me: it's me
N: why are you calling me from a private number?
Me: no answer
N: oh (ha ha ha ha)you got yourself a phone and you're keeping it a secret from me; I see: I see (ha ha ha ha)
Me: well, I was calling to let you know that the numbers you can reach me at are work and home.
N: Why won't you let me call your cell phone
Me: because you harass me (this,I know, was stupid)
N: Oh (ha ha ha ha) I harass you. wow! i harass you (ha ha ha ha)
Me: I also wanted to let you know about (daughter's name)'s safety town.
N: (interrupting) I know....
(please be aware that i had signed her up exactly 30 minutes before calling him)
Me: She's...
N: i know
Me: in the...
N: yea I know..
Me: red group
N: yea, i know i'm working at it
Me: ok well it's (dates, times)
N: yea, iknow
Me: so you'll take her the nights you have her
N:so what if i need to get a hold of you
Me: call work or home
N: what if I can't get a hold of you?
Me: leave a message
N: what if it's important?
Me: leave a message. why didn't you leave a message with the girl at work today?
N: how did you know i called your work?
Me: they called me to let me know
N: well i'm glad we've all graduated from the third grade
Me: she's my friend...
N: ok so how do i get your phone number? do i call my lawyer to call your lawyer? how does that work? communication is going to be really hard now
Me: call work or home and leave a message i will get back with you
Me: hang up

ok i'm feeling small victories at this point.
Not so fast....here comes another round....

he texted me to that restricted number "do you want to have drinks later" wants me to reply so he definitely has the number. I don't reply. 5 hrs later he calls and leaves a voice mail, "oh uh cool uh this is __; just calling to see if this is your new number so great! Uh call me if you have any ?'s about (daughter).

Jun 3 - 9PM
Carolyn
Carolyn's picture

Your need to have contact

Your need to have contact because of your daughter is going to make a lot of stress for you. Tell him you have a phone that records his calls. then wait and see. he will eventually find another playmate and have no interest in you at all if you show no interest in providing narcissistic supply. what you did with the private phone was let him enter into a game with you and he won because he got the number. you can't do the no contact so you will have to learn 'flat affect' you just answer as if you are bored to tears. Talk very little and only answer. hang up a lot by saying someone is at the door, or at your desk, just keep acting like he is a zero. that will not give him what he is looking for-your undivided attention. He wants to be the center of your focus so make him not that. One thing they don't like is for you to be talking to someone in the background while they are trying to drive you crazy on the phone.
Jun 3 - 10PM (Reply to #10)
grossot
grossot's picture

Thanks. Ill take this

Thanks. Ill take this advise. I need help not to do stupid thing like call him about getting my stuff back. Dumb mistake. He got a rise out of me and then told me children's services were going to take my daughter away from me. I know that won't happen but it stirs me up. I will be damned if he gets custody of her! nolongercontrolled
Jun 1 - 8AM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

oy vey

N: well i'm glad we've all graduated from the third grade The only one who hasn't graduated from the 3rd Grade IS HIM! Get a new restricted number and don't tell him. If he starts calling it do NOT answer and tell your attorney. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Free articles & information for abuse victims: http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com Effective Coaching for Victims of Pathologicals http://one2one4victims.webs.com/
May 30 - 6AM
grossot
grossot's picture

Thanks everyone! It does

Thanks everyone! It does help convince me a little more of his personality disorder. It's ok to have a number not accessable to him, right? He has 2 other #s to reach me @ re our daughter. The conversation kind of made me doubt that it was ok for me to do that. I just wanted a phone # where he wasn't constantly texting me. I felt safe with it. He just doesn't want to call the other #s for fear that others will answer. I don't go to sherriff b/c they will argue he has to contact me about the chil. (I do have a temp restraining order that says he can't interfere with my daily life) How did he get my # from a restricted # anyway? nolongercontrolled
May 31 - 5PM (Reply to #5)
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

yes

change it again tell the phone company your ex is abusive and no matter WHAT he tells them he is not to have that number. then keep track of who you give it to. he got it somehow from someone it is TOTALLY legal.
Jun 3 - 6AM (Reply to #6)
grossot
grossot's picture

Ok thanks. I did get a new

Ok thanks. I did get a new number. He sounds totally different when he leaves a message on my mom and dads phone! nolongercontrolled
Jun 3 - 6PM (Reply to #7)
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Grossot

Oh, that's hilarious. I love it that you got a new number. I bet he doesn't even sound like the same man when he leaves a message on your parent's phone. Too funny. Good for you!
May 30 - 3AM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Grossot

I love it! Way to go! I'm beaming with pride right now. I bet he didn't know what to do with himself talking to you. Good for you not letting him control you. It kills him that he no longer has control over you. Just continue to show him that you're in control of your life, confident and don't need him for anything. Keep it up and congrats. This is a major milestone for you! Cheers! Lisa
May 28 - 11PM
quietude (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

grossot

Sorry, but that made me giggle...I could just imagine him squirming through that conversation, and when he knew you weren't going to budge, wow...did that make him uncomfortable. It's almost comical when we can recognize finally what they're pulling, and how juvenile they are. You're definitely empowered, and he has no idea what to do with the new you. They're just so pathetic. Good for you, by the way!
May 29 - 12AM (Reply to #2)
RenewD
RenewD's picture

Good for you!

That conversation was a little humorous, a great reminder of how foolish they can be. Good for you for sticking to your guns and standing up to him! ~Denise~