I know she will rest in peace.
She was one of my rocks.
I loved her deeply.
She touched my soul and I know she knew my pain, struggles and confusion.
She was an angel sent by God to ease the suffering of women.
She taught me to stay in the game of life and lose my self pity.
To see the hearts of my sisters and know that there but the grace of God go I.
Her light and wisdom allowed me to become a better person.
Through her words of:
Laughter and joy
Reverence of God
Maya Angelou, You will be missed and treasured eternally.
A big thank you to Oprah Winfrey who introduced us to this phenomenal woman.
I share with you today Ms. Winfrey in what must be a tremendous loss and grief for you, in losing one of your best friends and teachers. She lives in you and all of us.
Maya Angelou's truth~
"I believe that each of us comes from the creator trailing wisps of glory."
2. "I am a Woman
3. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
4. "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
5. "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
6. "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."8. "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
7. "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
8. "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
9. "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
10. "You are the sum total of everything you've ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot - it's all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive."
11. "One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
12. "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
13. "Nothing can dim the light which shines from within."
~Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God.~