MYSTORYLETGO1234

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 18 - 12PM
Letgo1234
Letgo1234's picture

MYSTORYLETGO1234

So many thoughts and feelings and so little answers leave me wondering where to begin. Several years ago I met a man J. I did some side work for a friend of mine and he happened to be a partner at the business. In the beginning I did not have fond feelings towards him. I told my friend several times "I don't need to like him, he likes himself enough for both of us". And he did. The mutual feeling at the business was of dislike for him because of his ego and inappropriate conversations and relationships particularly with women. I kept my distance but dealt with him as needed. He would ask prying questions about my life in the beginning which caught me off guard about my past. my sexual relationships and if I were happily married. (Please save the battery here, there is nothing you can say that I haven't already told my self on this topic). As I got to know him I felt badly because he would always tell me he wasn't accepted and didn't have friends. Women he befriended fell in love so that was difficult and Men didn't like him because he was handsome successful so they felt inferior to him and disliked him. True to that there were very few people in his life. No friends from highschool, college, medical school, friends from previous home towns. Just very limited people. And very few family connections. He literally had all the time in the world to just text me all day long. He had never met anyone like me, Never connected with someone like me, never had some many common interests. Is this a trait of a Narcassisst to have no people. He has no connections except for a few lady friends he has kept on the side.
When we first started communicating me and several other ladies at the gym got messages from his wife saying to proceed with caution that he had a habit of making inappropriate emotional connections with women and asking us to keep our distance. I learned thru him that he had what he called "to close of a friendship" with several ladies that led to them moving states. He went back there to work once and was a mess about running into the ladies husband. When I met he had a "friend" who he said rewarded him for getting his work done. He has ADHD and she would help him work by offering a sexual story as a reward. Once I was doing bookwork with him at the place of business and he showed me a text of the friend "breaking up with him via text message" she said he had become cold and distant and didnt' communicate with her like he used to. It was because he was communicating with me. He has always kept her on the side and she pops up random places when he needs her now. They are both doctors and he say her as beneficial to his career in the field he worked in.
He loved me like no other. I felt on cloud nine about how amazing he thought I was. but something seemed off to me still. Over and Over I would ignore signs that seemed off because he adored me so. Occassionally he would mention friends and things they had talked about, sexual things and I would be upset by it since it was how he originally prowled for me. But he was smooth talker and would always convince me that it was okay and he loved me more than anything. I might also add several other women confided in me that he pried into their sex lives with their husbands and would question that about it. I assume now was his way of getting his foot in the door and knowing their weakness'. After a year things began to change when I would question him about things he was always side stepping and became colder once I wasn't always throwing adoring remarks at him instead I was pointing out things I saw as problems. Within a week he did a 360 and was busy at work when he had never been before. I found out he had several one night stands and didnt' tell me about until I pried, Then he cried because he was lonely and sad and had no feelings for them but just missed me. I cut off all contact, blocked him at every avenue and have been three months with no contact. Until yesterday. I got an email saying he met someone and had to make the heart breaking choice to move on. that he met her and is going to date her. I didn't reply. I'm angry he has so few feelings and can just move along. He made comments to me before after leaving his wife that he doesn't fit into society (his words) that he doesn't feel bad about things he does wrong? that was huge to me and I thought eventually he could do the same to me. And he did.. Just like that. Shall I answer the email and say never contact me again or block and move on. I do not feel strong enough to open up a dialogue with him and have him suck me back in with smooth words. He can talk me into anything. He's smart and manipulative. I recognized this dealing with him in business. He can talk so smooth that you believe anything he says. He did it over and over with his wife. Her and I talked after they were divorced and she said he did have other ladies on the side their whole marriage and would always just smooth talk him. He's secretive and so good at it. Am I dealing with a narcissist? Or just a bad human? He is a doctor I always wondered if that is more predominant in that profession? As they love an ego stroke. Does have no friends have anything to do with it? I have so many questions and so few answers. I've also read Narcs are mean. HE was never mean. Manipulative yes. But mean never. IT is almost like he has so few feelings that he doesn't experience anger or hatred in any way. He doesn't care enough to feel that way.

Jan 25 - 12PM
Letgo1234
Letgo1234's picture

Goldie - Thank you

Jan 18 - 12PM
Letgo1234
Letgo1234's picture

More thoughts

Jan 26 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Narcissists Target Married Women