Why wasn't I good enough for him?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 6 - 5AM
notabackupgirl
notabackupgirl's picture

Why wasn't I good enough for him?

So yes, I know that this is going to sound wrong on so many levels, but it's what's been bothering me for a couple of days now and I cannot get it our of my head.
During the D&D phase, my xN started comparing me to his ex girlfriends. Apparently, they were all exremely beautiful and I was only pretty in comparison (I had started out as "absolutely gorgeous"). That's not what bothered me, though. What really got to me is the description of how these relationships ended and how much he had done to them. He mentioned 2 ex girlfriends.
GF no. 1:
They met in highschool when she was 16 and he was 19. A year later he enlisted in the AF and was sent overseas for 3 years. He said he was with her on an on and off basis for 8 years over a period of 13 (!) years, then, in 2011, he had to "let her go in order to enable the possibility to give my heart to someone else. She wanted to stay 18 but I was becoming a man". What strack me as odd with his recap of the relationship timeline is that the on phase of their relationship took up the 6 years that he overseas - the 3 years that he was in the USA between 2 overseas deployments, he was with someone else. He let her go, because, according to him, she was immature and when he asked her to leave her family, job and friends in the USA to go live with him during the last 4 months of his second overseas deployment, she turned him down. According to him, she became an alcoholic and in his own words, that relationship left him "broken".
GF no. 2:
That was the one he was with before he met me. Apparently, yet another extremely beautiful woman who was however devastated by her previous relationship and had huge trust issues. In order to keep hear mind at ease, he would jump through hoops to satisfy her every need, had gone public with their relationship on fb (to him that meant it was a "serious relationship") and claimed he had given her his fb password because he had nothing to hide. However, one day, while she was at his apartment, she "hacked" his fb account and opened a message which turned out to be a message from a "friend" who had sent him a series of revealing pictures of herself for his birthday. His GF accused him of cheating on her, he said that these photos meant nothing and was certain that they were okay. A few days later, she "hacked" into his account again and posted a long status update as him, basically calling on all his female friends to send him nude pictures of themselves because he was a lying cheater anyway. He said that this post basically ruined his reputation and after a long conversation where she begged for his forgiveness, he decided to break up with her and delete his fb account. He accused her to me of being crazy and of having hacked his account and read his messages. I told him that since he had given her the fb password, he couldn't accuse her of hacking it! Then he came up with another excuse: The woman who had sent him the nude pictures was actually an unwed mother of 5. "After 5 children, her body was nothing to write home about so my ex shouldn't have been jealous in the first place!". Who says that?
However, and despite the horrible things he had to say about both of those women, all I could think of during these past couple of days was "WHY DIDN'T HE LOVE ME LIKE HE LOVED THEM? WHY DIDN'T HE COME BACK TO ME AGAIN AND AGAIN? WHY DIDN'T HE GO PUBLIC WITH ME AS WELL? WHY WASN'T I GOOD ENOUGH?".
And I wonder. Did he really ever love those women? Or was this just part of the D&D phase with me, torturing me with triangulation before the final discard? I am NC with him for 2 months now (actually, February 8th will be the 2-month milestone) and sometimes I just want him to contact me so I can be validated as having even the least bit importance as those women had. Why were they so special and I wasn't?
Please help...

Apr 26 - 4PM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture

Torturing you with triangulation.

Apr 25 - 2PM
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

The fact that you feel he

Apr 8 - 12PM
Layla
Layla's picture

Everything out of their mouth is a lie.......

Apr 6 - 5PM
ItsFinallytime
ItsFinallytime's picture

Lies, lies, lies lies and

Apr 7 - 12AM (Reply to #7)
notabackupgirl
notabackupgirl's picture

It's good to be reminded

Apr 6 - 7PM (Reply to #5)
betterforit
betterforit's picture

It'sfinallytime