I'm Baaaaack! :(

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 16 - 2PM
NewMe63
NewMe63's picture

I'm Baaaaack! :(

I'm sure most of you on here won't remember me, but I was married to a Narc...I've called him Rattlesnake at my therapist's suggestion...she said, "You know what he is...and he's not going to change." We divorced, my decision, about 5 years ago. This saga has gone on for a total of about 15 years altogether. Two years ago, I went NC for about 6 months. Blocked him every way I could. He showed up at the funeral home when my Dad died, and started worming his way back into my life again. It's been on and off, mostly off since then. I've been dating other people, and told him I'd go out with him only if he didn't have a girlfriend, or someone who thought she was. He said he'd broken up with the last girl, so we saw each other some. It was kind of weird. I knew I didn't love him, when I did see him I'd be like...when is he going to leave? But I just always wanted to sit back and see what he'd do this time... to my detriment, of course. I let him think I still wanted to have a relationship with him, and he said he didn't want to hurt me again, so we needed to take it slow. I'd get suspicious or feel like he was being an arrogant ass, so I'd stop talking to him, and see other people. He'd go nuts and blow up my phone and beg to see me, because I was the only one for him and we had so much history and blah, blah, blah. And as soon as he thought he had me back in the fold, he'd start disappearing again, and I wouldn't hear from him much, until the next time. He even went to the beach with my kids and me in July. How crazy is that? And I would believe I'd been overreacting, that there was no way he could really be that bad... So...a couple of weeks ago I had dinner with a friend, that's husband is a good friend of his, and we just hadn't seen each other in a while. She had no idea I'd been seeing him, and told me she didn't like him. For the way he'd treated me, and that he even cheated on this girl he was seeing now... I acted like I didn't know... no need to get her in the middle of this. Then promptly went home and got on Facebook and sent the girl a message that she didn't know me, that I was his ex wife, and he'd been playing both of us for about a year. I gave her my number and said she could call me if she wanted to. That I had nothing to hide. I guess I just felt like he needed to be exposed for who he is, and she deserved to know. She called me, and we talked for 30 minutes. She wanted details, of course, and I gave them to her. She said she'd only heard good things about me from all of his friends, that if I'd been just another ex girlfriend, she would have just deleted the message. This poor girl is about 20 years younger than him, and has no idea what she's up against. I have no malice towards her at all. She thanked me for letting her know. She said he needed to burn for this, no one should be able to do this to people. I happened to see him on match.com, he just moved to a city about 4 hours away, and had opened his account. I did a screen shot and sent that to her also. She thanked me for that, too. I have no idea how that all turned out, and don't really care. I feel like I burned a bridge. He would never in a million years think I'd do something like that. That was my charm as his side piece, I guess. He took both of us around his friends and their wives, so if she asks any of them about it, I'm sure they'll tell the truth. But it doesn't matter, anyway. He sent me an email about a week ago telling me he was letting me go for good. That I was beautiful and a good person, but he just couldn't love me, and that would be the last time I'd ever hear from him. That all I ever wanted was to love him, and he couldn't love me back. That I'd always be his supermodel. ICK!!! I sent him one back, almost don't flatter yourself. I didn't love him and never had, the person I thought I loved once upon a time never existed and never would. And that he needed help. And then blocked him from email. I'm so glad this happened. I feel different this time. He's a coward, so if he thinks there's no chance, and I'm not good supply anymore because I 'betrayed" him, I probably won't hear from him. I'm so glad he moved away for his job, but I think he still comes back here on weekends. I think I'm finally free!!!

Feb 20 - 6AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

I'm sorry you're back here.

Feb 21 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
NewMe63
NewMe63's picture

You are absolutely right,