One Year Later....

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 13 - 6PM
FreeMe
FreeMe's picture

One Year Later....

Hello wonderful forum friends,

It has been quite a while since I since I last posted. For nearly two years battle my recovery from the most toxic Narcissistic relationship of my life. I was this forum, Goldie, the mods, books, articles and a lot of tears that pushed me out of my darkest days into a new chapter of my life. I am here to tell you, it can be done, you can recover and extricate yourself… BUT… You have to WANT to be done.
For nearly a year, I told myself I could find some way to keep the toxic NARC in my life in some lame capacity. But somewhere along the line I learned NO CONTACT is the ONLY way out of CRAZYTOWN.
I haven’t had contact with the NARC for as long as I can remember. The greatest thing is, I stopped counting long ago. The equation SILENCE = FUCK YOU really does have relevance and power.
Oddly enough, today of all days, Friday the 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day I received a text AND a voicemail from the INFAMOUS NARC. For some very twisted reason he felt the need to call me to inform me he and his “LADY FRIEND” are driving up North (where I live) for the “long weekend” and he hoped he could talk to me tomorrow (VALENTINE’S DAY????) WTF right?
My first instinct was to call and rage at him. He knows my hot buttons. OW. It was always about OW. Our relationship ended because of many OW. Why today? Well, this time I know why…
He’s a monster who will always try to hurt me. He remained silent, waiting to pounce on my heart for oh so long. But, as Goldie and the Mods will tell you, some of them NEVER go away.
I will admit, I immediately felt that sick feeling hearing his voice. I got the shivers when I heard the message. I was triggered. The old me would have called him back immediately filled with anger and rage but he doesn’t know the NEW ME… The new woman who will not allow a narcissistic dirt bag, and lying, slithering snake to turn my peaceful world upside-down. Instead of envying the poor woman he’s undoubtedly screwing over, I pity her. He’s expecting a reaction. He has probably waged money on it. But guess what…. SILENCE = FUCK YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK

He has given me the best Valentine’s give ever. The chance to ignore his phony, lame Narcissistic ass FOREVER….

Stay strong all of you who are new to the forum. Stay close and post, post, post. Valentine’s day is a tough one but it’ll be the 15th before you know it…

Xoxoxo
FreeMe

Feb 14 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Happy Valentines Day! The

Feb 14 - 8AM
Janie53
Janie53's picture

FREEME

Feb 14 - 10AM (Reply to #12)
FreeMe