Am I dealing with an N?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jan 17 - 10AM
sdwgns01
sdwgns01's picture

Am I dealing with an N?

This is about my last recent holiday to South America with my partner in question......he was there ahead of me as he has family there...I'd paid for his ticket and given him $ at his request....he said he couldn't wait for me to arrive...it started off well...I'd arranged and paid for the best and most exclusive hotel...he was quite lovely initially and unusually physical with me saying very lovely things......however, following is a list of incidents:
-he had a breakdown when I touched him in a physical way in the hotel room as he felt that people could see into our room (which wasn't the case) and in a rude way said to close the automatic shades....note, I only touched him because he was being suggestive and the touch was nothing more than a pat really...it was nothing overtly sexual...also note, the sheer draperies were drawn and it wasn't possible to see in from outside...I mentioned this to him...yet I started to close the automatic shades regardless and then in a calm way decided against it as he seemed quite negative...he became additionally rude and said he'd told me the day prior that he didn't want people seeing in and that perhaps I wanted people to see etc..he was in a rage... I just ignored it and said let's go have lunch instead...he said he needed a few minutes to calm down and I could see he was quite upset...
-during breakfast one morning I was carrying my reading glasses and telephone...he mentioned that I am always carrying too many things and therefore drop them quite a bit...this isn't true as I don't drop anything...I just ignored it...note that he loses things constantly...telephone, keys, wallet all the time....and each time he does he will blame me...he will say that I didn't ask him if he has everything prior to leaving...
-following dinner one evening he became aggressively rude when I didn't have $ to tip a person who on a dark road puts a flashlight on to help you to the car...I had dollars but not pesos...the man would have accepted dollars...in truth he'd asked me prior to leaving the room if I had $ and I said yes but I was thinking of dollars...I knew I really wouldn't need $ anyway...I had given my pesos to him during the day...he said he would have taken pesos and that he had them in the room and he'd asked me before we'd gone out if I had $ etc...all in a rude aggressive way...he was quite upset almost in a rage...
-following dinner one evening he suggested driving to the neighboring town to see the nightlife...he knew how far it was having driven it earlier that day... yet he asked me how long it would take and I told him about 20 minutes...while driving to the town I could sense his anger that it was taking too long and that he wanted to turn around...he said it was taking longer than I said, which it wasn't actually.....when we finally arrived he told me to turn around and go back...his mood was quite dark...
-the following evening there was a bit of confusion while walking to a restaurant close to our hotel...whether to walk through the front or the back...he became agitated and simply rude about it....when in the restaurant he then sat in the front and told me to go choose a table as there seems to always be an issue about the table which is mainly his issue as I never want to complain in front of him in order to keep him calm and happy....
-during dinner he became rude while he was discussing our travel plans home and I'd mentioned that we were not sitting together on our return flight as there were only a few seats available in addition to not flying business class as it wasn't available...he said he could have found it easily and that I do it intentionally for some reason....all in a rude aggressive manner....almost a rage....he said that I fly separately from him all the time which is actually only partly true as I do travel for business and I invite him to meet me at destinations in addition to the fact that I pay for and arrange everything..there are times when we do fly together as well of course....which I also pay for and arrange....
-on the last day of our trip he said he liked what I was wearing in such a way that was comparing to the other days which he didn't like...he said that he should shop for me implying that he doesn't like my taste....
-one afternoon while he was driving the car it became stuck in sand at the side of the road as he was trying to turn the car around... he blamed me because he said that I told him where to pull over...actually I just said here's a road if you'd like to pull over to turn around...note, he only has a driving permit not a license and is not a capable driver.... I just ignored it
-one morning during breakfast he said he had to go to the town to pay a bill and asked for $100...I said of course $ is in the room and can I give it to him after breakfast...he said 'I forgot you walk around without $'...and then said I'm leaving...he got up from breakfast and left for town...
when he returned there was negativity...I asked if he was ok...he said that sometimes I don't treat him well and that he's always good to me...I calmly asked what was specifically bothering him and he said to forget it that it would pass while waiving his arms rudely...he said this in a rude and aggressive way...like a rage...
-on the way to the airport we stopped at a shopping mall...while inside he was trying to find a shop we'd passed while walking around....he asked me if I'd remembered where it was... I said I didn't and he responded that I was losing my mind not remembering anything...he made a circling gesture with his hand as though I were insane....
- when driving to the airport leaving the town I became a little lost... he became extremely rude and aggressive and said that I'm always getting lost and since this is not my country I should ask him etc.. that I'm driving aimlessly...he was in a rage... note, that it was about three minutes only of being lost and I was actually not far off.. I just ignored it...and in addition I don't ever remember being lost with him prior...
-the trunk of the car popped open while driving... I pulled over and he closed it... he said he'd noticed originally that I didn't close the trunk correctly when we'd left the hotel...I thought to myself how someone would actually be able to notice something like that and further he was the one who closed the trunk... I just ignored it....
-when checking in at the airport he went to the computer screen to check in... I politely asked him if it was possible to check in all the way through to the final stop while using the screen (as we had one stop in route)... he turned in a rage and said I should never buy a ticket for him again as I confuse everything...I ignored it and said to continue what he was doing of course.....he continued on the screen and it didn't work... I was then taken immediately on line and we checked in in seconds with the attendant who also was able to move our seats together etc...he blamed the person from the airline who told him to use the computer screen as he was annoyed that it hadn't worked...
-while on the airplane he asked me a question (we were next to each other with aisle between)... I removed my headphones and politely asked him to repeat the question as I couldn't hear...I then still couldn't hear the question and asked him to repeat it once more politely...he became rude and waived me off and said I had some sort of problem because I couldn't hear him...he was in a rage...
-when we arrived to our destination he had to wait for a checked bag... he said I didn't have to wait with him but I said of course I would and we could then share a car etc...then he looked at me and said rudely that I had something on my face.. maybe like a small piece of fuzz or something....and then he said that it's all over on my face that I should clean it off.. he said that I have things like this all the time and I should go to the bathroom and clean it off..he said this in a rage.....note, it was a 10 hour long flight and it could have been from the blanket or anything....and note that the manner these things are said is both rude and aggressive....waiving arms and with anger that's almost fury in nature...also, upon finally looking in the mirror I didn't even see anything....
Alright so this is just the last holiday together... that I arrange and pay for....this is not bad at all compared to dozens of other holidays etc...where the behavior is much worse... it's just that this is fresh and I haven't spoken with him since...quite upset about it...I still wonder if I'm overreacting.....

Jan 18 - 8AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

I'm confused

Jan 18 - 11AM (Reply to #7)
sdwgns01
sdwgns01's picture

Thank you for response

Jan 18 - 12PM (Reply to #8)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

No not really