Weird Dream

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Dec 2 - 1AM
aurora
aurora's picture

Weird Dream

Hi All
its been nearly 12 months since I found this site.
Right beforehand I was driven to despair trying to make sense of why I still felt so rotten.
I had ended relationship with narc months before, but it was near my birthday and I'd been unwell and in a hit of nostalgia I had reached out in a feeble attempt to try and make contact with him.
At that point I saw that he was already engaged to someone else using the same engagement ring he had tried on with me, and a few other women.
Its so boring now I can't even be bothered wasting oxygen or my typing fingers telling the woeful tale.
Coming up to 12 months from when I really started to heal (when I found this site), I thought there might be a few steps backwards, and Ive had a few crazy dreams.
Usually I just brush them away when I wake up, no feeling attached at all - this wonderful feeling of detachment that those who had walked the steps talked about at a time when I couldn't even begin to imagine that happening to me.
So I had a doozy dream about him last night. So rich with symbolism. Im not interested so much that he was in it, just what I came away feeling about it all.
He had contacted me in the dream, and he was living in a run down old shack of a place. I visited him - he was trying it on for sex and I was so distant from it all - I declined politely. He then took his shirt off and showed me this series of weird and ugly tattoos that he said his ex girlfriend (the one he was supposedly engaged to after I was done with him) had 'branded' him with on his back. I can't remember what the symbols were, but they were odd and ugly and made him look deformed.
I decided to leave at that point, a bit over the whole thing, and wondering why the hell I had wasted my time coming to see this idiot - and then I noticed in the corner there was a small child - a girl aged around 6 years. She wanted to come with me. There was no hint of there being anything creepy about why she had been at his house or that he was keeping her against her will, but she was just there. The little girl was very chirpy and gorgeous and talkative - like little girls can be. So I took her with me, I didn't want her hanging around with this idiot. She wanted to come with me - so I took her hand and lead her out of this crappy dive of a house the narc was in.
I have to admit I felt a bit sorry for him - but I was glad to be out of his place.
I think maybe the little girl is me. I don't feel any sorrow or dissonance about dreaming of him, no spin or anger. But Im glad that I took that little girl with me - I didn't want her hanging around in that environment.

Dec 2 - 4AM
Lookforward
Lookforward's picture

Taking the little girl (you)

Dec 4 - 4AM (Reply to #5)
aurora
aurora's picture

thanks

Dec 4 - 7AM (Reply to #6)
Lookforward
Lookforward's picture

Thank you for your reply,

Dec 2 - 11AM (Reply to #2)
spinning
spinning's picture

Ditto to my sister in strength, Lookforward!

spinning

Dec 4 - 5AM (Reply to #4)
aurora
aurora's picture

thanks for your feedback

Dec 2 - 1PM (Reply to #3)
Lookforward
Lookforward's picture

Hi Spinning, Loved your