New here and hurting so much.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 27 - 3PM
katefromny
katefromny's picture

New here and hurting so much.

I was with him for less than a year. During the first two or three weeks we met, he was constantly texting, calling and asking to see me. He sent me long and amazing emails about "finding me" and how excited he was that God would use our friendship as a springboard into a love relationship. He wanted our friendship for....forever. He took me on a romantic B&B vacation to Vermont about 6 weeks into our relationship. Two weeks later, after I admitted I was falling for him, he sent me an email saying he wanted to keep our friendship but he was going back to his soon-to-be-ex wife. I refused to be his "friend" and wished him well. He began contacting me a few weeks later, saying things weren't working out as he'd hoped and wondering if we could have our "friendship" back. I again declined and encouraged him to continue with his wife, that these things take time. But after a few more emails back and forth, and me missing him so much, I went back to him and we resumed our "friendship."

It wasn't the same because he was distant. I was also not as trusting because he had gone back to her when previously he had sent many emails assuring me it was over and they were in talks with attorneys. After a month or so together, I became suspicious of his distance because this wasn't the same man I fell in love with in VT. I googled his special screenname and discovered numerous online dating profiles, one was a No Strings Attached site and one was Tinder. When confronted with this info, he said I was dramatic and those profiles were old before he met me. But recently he admitted to me that he has been seeing five or six other women and one that he just recently met on Tinder has his heart. This, when he is supposed to be with me.

So I ended it with him. Sent him an email and asked him not to contact me, told him that his behavior was unacceptable and reprehensible. He sent me back an email saying "oh well, have a good life" and a Peanuts cartoon that says "a friend accepts you just the way you are." He then blocked me on Facebook.

I am devastated. Both over the loss of the person I thought he was, and so hurt by his cold and uncaring email and suggestion that I am not a good friend because I don't accept his behavior. I am attempting not to respond but it is hard. And him blocking me on Facebook I view as his attempt to hurt me because I ended it.

It hurts. He wins. I don't know what to do.

Katefromny

Nov 28 - 7PM
Amazed
Amazed's picture

You are not a tool...you are a person...

Nov 28 - 1PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Yes, his version of "friendship" included sex; it generally does

Nov 29 - 5AM (Reply to #4)
katefromny
katefromny's picture

What do I do with this?

Nov 29 - 9AM (Reply to #5)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Exactly