For those of you on the fence about joining Goldie's group

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 5 - 4PM
trouble
trouble's picture

For those of you on the fence about joining Goldie's group

Hi all,

Today was my last day of 12 weeks with Goldie and some new friends I made in group. It was an amazing 12 weeks and I'm so glad I took the plunge and joined group.

It was crucial for me to stop the cycle I was on with the narc to join group and get outside help. I had been in counseling for the last year or so, but felt I wasn't making improvements in this area. I was still fantasizing, obsessing, and was very very susceptible to hoovers.

Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

I broke it down. For $450 over 12 weeks at 2 hours each it is only $18.75 an hour. Cheaper than therapy! And the group support was so important. Sometimes you have to hear another's story or how they are doing or what works for them so you can apply it to your own life. To talk to people who "get it" with a moderator who keeps your head out of the clouds and firmly planted in reality ... I really really needed that.

This is targeted treatment for recovery from toxic relationships. There is homework. You will learn new concepts and ideas. You will challenge your belief systems, look at your family of origin issues ... all the things that led you to the narc and kept you stuck. You will learn how to change your thinking so you can break free and get away from these toxic people. Their impact on your life becomes smaller and smaller, the thoughts of them become less frequent as you start thinking about yourself more.

Please, if you are thinking of joining group, be good to yourself and do it. I think it would be awesome to have a group to lean on over the holidays.

Good luck!

Hugs,
Trouble

Nov 8 - 10AM
truthnow
truthnow's picture

I took Goldie's Support Group

Truthnow

Nov 7 - 9AM
ItsFinallytime
ItsFinallytime's picture

Goldie's group is the best