Hoover about compromised computer and my pictures

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 31 - 12PM
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Hoover about compromised computer and my pictures

Hi everyone,
I didn't think this would happen but my ex narc addict hovered last night. I have had NC for ten months. I got an email at 3:30 am, very cryptic, no salutation or any "hello, how are you". Just a paragraph about how his computer was hacked and that certain "items" I had deleted from a program on his computer were still on the hard drive and subject to compromise by hackers. I assume he was referring to nude photos of me he took without my permission that he then put on his computer, which I found later and deleted. This was a huge breach of my privacy and trust, and of course he defended his taking my photo without consent.

I am curious, is this something I even bother respond to? I assumed it was a manipulative ploy to play on my privacy concerns and emotions. I have always been paranoid about my photos on social media and elsewhere on the internet, and he knows how pissed I was when I found that he took photos of me with his phone (he would run into the bathroom when I was showering and take my photo without my permission).

Also, is there any legal action I can take if by chance he is telling the truth and these photos end up on the internet? He ended the email by saying "I know that no response is given from you, I know how you are, but I respect your privacy." YEAH RIGHT. This jackass has a girlfriend and yet he still thinks he can manipulate me. WTF??

Any advice/guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. I will continue NC and ignore the email, I am more concerned about those photos (he did not specifically mention them, he was extremely vague).

Oct 31 - 3PM
Freebirdie (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

These are good to know

Oct 31 - 1PM
Used
Used's picture

Freebirdie

Oct 31 - 2PM (Reply to #2)
spinning
spinning's picture

I agree, Freebirdie,