need some help understanding

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 17 - 11PM
smokabear
smokabear's picture

need some help understanding

I haven't been here since I left my N in 2010. I spent 6 years dealing with it all. I finally escaped,I had no job,no car and no place to go,I had my cats and not knowing if I could ever be with them again was heartbreaking. But god provided a way to get out ,kept my cats safe and 2 years later I had an apartment.I went to domestic violence shelters.I had a breakdown and I found a program and I on meds I fought very hard to survive after leaving. But we made it.God took care of my babies for me and we are together now.I struggle every day for what happened to me while I was with him.
2 days after I left he sent me two very religious emails and wished me the best.and spoke all things he was planning on doing.
In 2013 he sends me an email from one of his bogus accounts,and all he says is wondering how you are doing.I did reply with ok and didn't think I would hear another word.
In August and September of this year I get 2 more.one was wondering how you are doing .I did not reply to either one ,the second one he proceeded to tell me he got married again and adopted 3 children and god turned his life around and was still going to church he started a going to church phase off and on for 3 years..we were never married .I didn't reply to this,and I really wanted to. It hurt me briefly .and I don't understand why the need to tell me.
2 weeks later he sends me a fb friend request. My friend looked on my page and saw he was following me.I also realized we have a mutual friend on fb.
I would think he wouldn't try again.
Can anyone explain this to me .it has triggered some very painful memories.I was so busy trying to get my life together I never really dealt with what happened I couldn't get on this forum I was running on empty for 2 years. And building my life from scratch.
The last year I was there he wouldn't talk to me and continued to tell me to get out .I was an emotional train wreck.by the time he sucked me dry

And now he wants to talk he did apologize in the last email, but he did that lots of times,just to return being mean to me.
I really don't understand if he knows he hurt me.and has this wonderful new life why is he bothering me? Why does he want? Strange thing is I feel guilty for not replying.and I know I shouldn't .I still struggle with the memories in my head without even hearing from him. I struggle with PSTD so some of the memories are hidden and some come back now and then .not only was he a N but had other issues as well ,he attempted or tried suicide 3 different times to pull me back In

Oct 18 - 9AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Sounds like everything we work on in my Support Group

Oct 18 - 9AM
Pumpkin
Pumpkin's picture

Don't

Pumpkin

Oct 18 - 6AM
Lookforward
Lookforward's picture