emotionally raped by online predator

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 15 - 10PM
gambad55
gambad55's picture

emotionally raped by online predator

I am a 58 year old woman who recently joined the online dating community and thought I met the most wonderful man online. He gained my trust early, .conversation flowed easily, ...he made me laugh, acted like he cared, and soon professed his love. I was hesitant but soon confided in him my trials over the past year with multiple deaths in family and emotional trauma relating to PTSD and conversion disorder, thinking that would weed him out if not serious about the relationship. But no, he was a predator in wait, and lapped it all up. He claimed to be my best friend, and I ate it up, feeling I could tell him anything. He said my life was going to change forever, he was going to spoil me sent flowers, love messages of my future life,..... I did do some homework and found he was who he said he was, a public figure well respected in his community. I truly felt I had fallen in love for the first time in my life. I would be so touched to the soul, I would cry when he talked of our future. So after a month of intense talking and texting 3 x a day, I drove 3 hours away to meet him. Our romance in full bloom, although my feelings did not seem as intense in person, I went along with the romantic foreplay. When I left, I wasn't sure where we were going, as I wasn't bold enough to question him, but just thought we would continue in our journey getting to know each other. I texted when I got home as asked.Then one vague text, the nothing.....I gave my heart, love, soul, and trust to this man, and feel emotionally raped! As now I think he may have been manipulating me all along. The kicker is ,he's 67 years old, and not anything to write home about!! I just never,ever expected it.! What a master manipulator, player, nasty, evil person. I know I am a good, nice, caring person , and didn't deserve this!!! Thanks for letting me have an outlet, ....Thank you,thank you! It's back to therapy I go with my held high....do we have a lot to talk about!!

Oct 24 - 1AM
shock and awe.some
shock and awe.some's picture

Something similar happened to

Oct 16 - 4AM
gambad55
gambad55's picture

addendum to emotionally raped by predator

Oct 16 - 6AM (Reply to #2)
Lookforward
Lookforward's picture

Do you know what I blame our