But what if my N was never mean

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 16 - 9PM
lonestar
lonestar's picture

But what if my N was never mean

I posted my story on the Share Your Story forum but one thing that bothers me daily while I read most of the stories on here are these terrible stories of verbal and physical abuse by narcissists. My narcissist, while he did do horrible things to me (sending out multiple inappropriate pics to other girls while we were together, seeing another girl behind my back bc 'he is all about what is new and right in front of him, always keeping me there but pushing me away when I became too close), but when it came to me personally, he wasn't abusive. Quite the opposite. He has always told me how I was 'quality', how I was amazing and out of his league. It's insulting to me but he thought he was complimenting me when he would tell me that he'd always size me up to other girls and I'd be the best. He was my best friend and I felt so close to him for so long but he hurt me so badly. And even though I've initiated NC and have him blocked to my phone and FB, I still struggle. I know in my heart of hearts he's a narcissist - he fits almost all the characteristics but the main discrepancy is that he wasn't mean to my face, he was always sweet to me. He did all the shitty things behind my back. Has anyone else had this experience where their N wasn't abusive to them outwardly?

Sep 18 - 2PM
cutiepie24
cutiepie24's picture

They can be two faced! Mine

Sep 18 - 7AM
Cherub
Cherub's picture

All smoke and mirrors

Sep 17 - 7PM
Brit
Brit's picture

Well yes I am guessing there

Sep 17 - 6PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Is this Normal Behavior

Sep 17 - 4PM
SourceNoMore
SourceNoMore's picture

My narc never even raised his voice to me.

Sep 17 - 3PM
Journey
Journey's picture

It really comes down to your

Journey on...

Sep 17 - 7AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

A big piece of recovery

Sep 17 - 7AM
Lorraine
Lorraine's picture

Don't make it a struggle

Sep 17 - 6AM
Janie53
Janie53's picture

Lonestar

Sep 17 - 6AM
Used
Used's picture

lonestar

Sep 17 - 2AM
trouble
trouble's picture

Agreed

Sep 16 - 11PM
tiredofthisaddiction
tiredofthisaddiction's picture

Abuse and mistreatment can come in many forms.