3 Weeks no contact - first real hoover..

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 6 - 6AM
Empath_NL
Empath_NL's picture

3 Weeks no contact - first real hoover..

Well, as some of you might know, I broke up three weeks ago with my N.

I was 'lucky' that our relationship was only for half a year (it was my first though), and I am still young (begin twenty) so I was doing relatively ok. Especially the last few days my life was really coming on track again.

I blocked him everywhere online and made it clear that he shouldn't contact me. If he would, I said that I would tell some of his new 'friends' what kind of guy he was. (Cheated many many times, is lying about everything to everyone etc.) I don't really plan to do this, but I hoped it would keep him away..

Well it didn't.

He called yesterday. I didn't answer his call off course (recognized the number). Then I got a voicemail, he put his cute voice again,he sounded so innocent and sweet, you would believe him if you didn't know him well. I think it would be nice if you can translate this from Narcspeak for me.

The voicemail:
Hello! I just want to tell you that I passed my exams. This is mostly thanks to you (and yes I helped him out a lot, he is not that smart- Empaht) and I would like to thank you a lot for that. You were just great to me. I know that you don't want to talk to me anymore. But I miss you a lot. And I really really hope that someday you will talk to me again. I really think a lot about you. Oops, I shouldn't have said that *cute innocent laugh. Well, I just wanted to share this with you and I hope someday, you will talk to me again.
-End of voicemail

I know it's lying. I know it's mean. He is not admitting his cheating, his manipulation, all the evil things he did. No apologies. He is even trying it again. So don't worry, I'm not falling for it.

But I know what he is doing, and some part of me wants to let him know what he is doing. I want to send him a page about hoovering. I told him allready he has NPD and his Pyschology student ex told him also. He also promised me to go to a psychologist (probably a lie, like every promise..). So on the other hand he should know.
Second part is, I told him to leave me alone, and he violated the rule. So I should now talk to his new friends, according to my own rules. But I don't really feal like that.

Blocking a phone number is really a hassle in my country. What do you recommend? I think that he will call again, but probably after a few weeks or months. I listened to the voicemail because I feared he might have some STD and was going to tell me about it. But I will test in a few weeks, so next time I can delete the message without listening I guess.

Well, if someone wants to translate the NARC Speak, or think along with me. That would be nice!

Sep 6 - 3PM
Empath_NL
Empath_NL's picture

Thanks everyone

Sep 7 - 12AM (Reply to #8)
shock and awe.some
shock and awe.some's picture

This comment concerns me

Sep 7 - 1AM (Reply to #9)
Empath_NL
Empath_NL's picture

Language glitch