8 years of lies

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 2 - 11AM
grneyedgrl66
grneyedgrl66's picture

8 years of lies

It started 8 years ago and I can't believe it is still going on. I was/am a married woman. I was miserable in my marriage. I met him on a Church retreat. So different from my husband. Told me things I wanted/needed to hear. He was/is in a "unhappy" marriage too. Needless to say, I fell for everything he said to me. Promised me he would leave and we would be together. Then came the excuses. He wanted to wait until the kids were finished with school. When he had enough money to leave. Wanted me to leave my marriage first, then he would follow. He has come in and out of my life for 8 years. We are both still married. I have caught him in lies. I found out that I was the 10th person, yes, the 10th person he has cheated on his wife with. I still stayed involved with him. 2 years ago, I thought I could get off the roller coaster. He called it off again. I sent his wife everything he had sent to me. They contacted the police and put a restraining order on me. He lost in court. Started coming around again staying it was his wife that made him do it. Told me he was still unhappy. Then we got caught again by his wife. He cut me off. Was doing great until he called me and told me he had prostate cancer. I fell for it/him again. Told me he needed me in his life. Said his wife wasn't being supportive. I am an idiot. I believed him again. I love him like I did 8 years ago. Was ready to make that jump because I thought I had found my soulmate. Thought this was it!!! He called me Thursday and told me his wife found a picture that he sent to me from the hospital. Told me she wanted a divorce. Said although he was sad that he would ruin his daughters senior year of high school, he was elated because this needed to happen. Friday was a different story. Called me and told me to never contact him again. Here I sit. Insert dunce cap. I can't believe how stupid I am. I can't believe I keep falling for the same old talk.

My husband has changed for the better in the last 8 years. Did everything I asked him to do. I can't stay away from the other one. Husband says my attitude changes when I talk to the other guy. Beating myself up for something that should have never happened or should have stopped 8 years ago.

I know this is a rambling mess. If I wrote down everything that has happened in the last 8 years, it would be a novel. A very sad, pathetic novel.

Sep 2 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Sep 2 - 1PM (Reply to #2)
grneyedgrl66
grneyedgrl66's picture

Reading right now