What happens when you 'insult' a narc's supply?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 31 - 10AM
Lace_stilettos
Lace_stilettos's picture

What happens when you 'insult' a narc's supply?

OK, so my ex italian narc, who I will refer to from now on solely as the prince of pizza and darkness, would literally seem to actively cultivate relationships. He was constantly on the prowl for new people. He seemed to Facebook friend the person who served him a damned big mac sometimes. It was ridiculous. Mainly they were pretty females that he would hunt, but even occasionally men who could offer him something. After a few mere weeks, these women would seemingly become his god, his beacon of light and his reason to exist. He seemed immersed in them.

There was no limit of how often they could text, call, how personal they could get. It was totally batsh*t crazy and bizarre from an outsider perspective to see him talk about guys he met a few weeks ago as 'so and so is like a brother to me', or for women he's known for a duration of one of my farts as his undying bff. I guess in retrospect he did the exact same thing to me so I do get his psychotic need to get his supply to fill his own vapid soul and miserable existence (can you tell I'm still bitter? :p)

My question is though, if I would so much as DARE to merely imply anything he even DEEMED remotely unflattering about any of these people, he would flip out. it was as if 'insulting' THEM was at the same level of amputating his own penis. Did anyone else have this experience? Is it because the narc sees these people as extensions of himself, so insulting them to him is the same as insulting HIM, or was he just being his usual narcissistic asswipe self?

Aug 31 - 2PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Welcome to the forum