Social Media

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 25 - 8AM
SoOverItNext
SoOverItNext's picture

Social Media

I posted a few days ago about Narc's brother, he was murdered and it was all over the news and social media where we live. I came here to vent and hear opinions on whether I should reach out to the family.

I came to the realization that I can't reach out. I am sticking to it.

This new news has hit me so hard that I started to think about how I found out about his brother in the first place. I am "facebook" friends with my ex/Narcs friends and some family. (As he is mine).

Sometimes, he is in pictures and posts of theirs but more often he is not. He was never a big social media guy until this new girlfriend of his. Actually, he despised the whole concept while we were together. He girlfriend is a bartender so she posts lots of pictures to promote his business. So, I'm assuming she wanted to develop a page for him. He is not very tech savvy. They take pictures partying and vacationing and kissing and doing things that WE never did.

Once after not speaking to him for about 6 months, I came across a picture he was tagged in which led me to his page. I look at it every couple of days.

I feel somehow entitled to know what is going on with him. I don't know why. I don't speak to him. I have no desire to be with him. My daughter does not see him. But, I have the desire to know what he is up to.

As far as the family and friends that we have mutual, I am still interested in how their families are growing and how they are doing in life because I grew to love them also through the years.

Should I cut all ties? Do I delete the friends and family? How can I stop looking at his page? Should I stop? Are these things that I need to know?

Thoughts?

Aug 25 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Facebook stalking

Aug 25 - 10AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

I think you are still