compassion and empathy

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 11 - 11PM
Julialouisa
Julialouisa's picture

compassion and empathy

I just came up with a possible explanation as to why Narcs never seem to have 'real' friends. They have friends for a while... but... then eventually their true colours come out and their friends realize they are narcissists and don't want them in their lives anymore... the friends put it all together and realize these people don't really care about them. They are never there when you really need them. They never show compassion or empathy when 'you really need it' or 'in times of real trouble'... the narc just doesn't want to know. It finally becomes obvious... they are users..and people don't like to have 'users' as friends. A friend shows compassion and empathy in your times of need.... Narcs don't have it in them to give compassionately or empathetically... they pretend to... but its very foreign to them. They try.. because then they can make new friends...and so the circle goes on for them....They are poor empty lonely people who are just out to get whatever they can for themselves!! I actually feel sorry for the man I was in a relationship with, pity is all I have for him now.... pity!! But he's not getting my attention anymore... he will go find someone or something else... he will survive to the detriment of another!!!

Aug 16 - 8AM
Empath_NL
Empath_NL's picture

It's true. My N had been

Aug 11 - 11PM
coryme
coryme's picture

No friends

Aug 11 - 11PM (Reply to #2)
Julialouisa
Julialouisa's picture

Exactly Coryme... about the