New life

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 15 - 12AM
Healingslowly_b...
Healingslowly_but getting there's picture

New life

It's been a while since I posted here. This forum saved me and taught me so much. I will be eternally grateful.
I just wanted to post an update. It's been over 2 1/2 years since the final d&d, which was the lowest point I reached. That day was horrific and I couldn't function but my friends came and got me from his flat and very gradually through a lot of hard work and complete NC I have recovered from my experience with him. I went to intense counselling for about 6 months and then I went back about a year later for a few months just to tie up some final issues about it all.

I finished my second year of accountancy exams and start again in September. I started a new narc free job and love it. My boys are growing up and thriving and I am dealing with their teenage years with a smile most of the time.!! :-)
I met the most amazing man a couple of years ago and he had been through a similar experience to me. It took a long long time to trust him and I'm sure it was the same for him but gradually we have built up our relationship and it is fantastic. He is relaxed, no drama, no showing off, no jealousy, no love bombing, nothing like that, just pure love and encouragement and support for me and my children. Yes he does things that drive me mad and I'm very sure I drive him mad too but when we disagree there is no nastiness from him, no belittling and no name calling and generally we just end up laughing.

We went away to paris a couple of weeks ago and very privately and with no massive attention grabbing moment, he proposed and I accepted.

I am happy.

I never ever imagined I would be happy again but the truth is that I'm happy with me first and foremost. I like me. I respect me. I know what I deserve. I treat people correctly and yet I stand up for myself. I am a very different person than the one who was married to the narc.
Life is good again but it has taken work to get here from that crying woman on the floor in the foetal position at the beginning who believed that she was worthless and couldn't bear to live without the narc .

To all those on this journey .... Listen to the amazing mods here, they speak the truth, get some therapy or join goldies support group, get some respect for yourself and know what you deserve.
Life is short ..... Live it well.

Hugs to all xxxxxxx

Jul 15 - 7PM
pumpkinpie
pumpkinpie's picture

Thank you for the wonderful

Jul 15 - 11AM
Ophelia Standin...
Ophelia Standing Tall's picture

with tears in my eyes...

Jul 15 - 10AM
Goldie