The funeral

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 8 - 8AM
Redhead
Redhead's picture

The funeral

I attended a cousin's funeral yesterday in my home town. My Brother & his Daughter were there. My recovery on this forum was about my divorce from the narcissist. I never went into my family history. My Brother is a psychopath. The things he's done to me, my parents & other family members is horrible. He's escaped prison...how I'm not sure. He & his minion daughter tried to manipulate me for years. The smear campaign was terrible including trying to turn my parents against me. My parents are deceased & I haven't seen them since Dad's funeral in 2003....until yesterday. His Daughter and I hugged (awkward). I stayed close to one of my cousin's & his daughter whom I'm close to. I just had this feeling that my brother thought that all was forgotten....that he & his daughter were there & I would hang around them. It brought back alot of those inferior feelings that I've overcome through the years after going no contact. There are family member who know what happened & others who think he's the best thing since sliced bread. It felt so good to get in my car after the service & leave all of that again. I'm not sure why they want to be around me now. I'm also not sure what I'm trying to say here. I guess I'm trying to purge those old feelings again. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Jul 8 - 8AM
spinning
spinning's picture

Redhead, purge away...

spinning