Free?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 5 - 9AM
lsq00
lsq00's picture

Free?

The kids and I moved out! May 22nd was moving day. I was about a half hour from the movers having the truck loaded and being gone and he was tipped off by someone and came home. He demanded everything come off the truck, called the police, etc. He ended up looking like a fool as the police said that they could only ensure no one got hurt and no one needed to be arrested and followed him as he followed me around the house. He told them lie after lie about all the things I was stealing, how crazy I was, how I cleaned out his retirement accounts (I wish I could). He changed the locks while I was still taking stuff out of the house. When I left, he was standing there cranking the windows shut as if I were going to climb in them and flipped me off as I drove away. So much for 28 years.

I have been doing remarkably well really. I think the insanity of his behavior that day helped me feel so grateful to be in my own home with my kids and no nonsense, no tension, just calm and peace.

Yesterday I got yet another bill in the mail that he neglected to handle and I contacted him for the first time since moving two weeks ago. I sent a matter of fact text that I had filed state income taxes as per the agreement via our attorneys and that he needed to address the cell phone bill. He didn't respond, which I never thought he would. I was fine yesterday. However, for some reason today, it's all back. The fear of a future alone, the grief at all the things that aren't going to be, the plans to travel, etc. I don't miss HIM, but today for some reason I'm grieving the "how it should have beens" again. It sucks because I was starting to feel free and today I feel like he's got his grips on me again and he hasn't done anything, it's all me.

Jun 5 - 8PM
Dahlia
Dahlia's picture

Lsq00 I left April 30th so

Jun 5 - 8PM (Reply to #10)
lsq00
lsq00's picture

Thanks Dahlia! Good for you!

Jun 5 - 6PM
Luv2bme
Luv2bme's picture

Process