Instagram

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 4 - 3PM
troubleswillbegone
troubleswillbegone's picture

Instagram

Hey everyone!

I was hoping to be able to get some feedback on something. Prior to this break-up and prior to dating my ex-N, I was an avid user of Instagram. I really enjoy taking photographs and I found Instagram was a really great place to share my photographs and to meet new people. I had deleted my Instagram account in an attempt to ease my ex-N's insecurities (she hated when any girl would give me attention and so Instagram was a huge stress on our relationship). Deleting my Instagram account eased the troubles in our relationship for all of 5 minutes before she was attacking me for doing something else. Anyways, I haven't had Instagram back since I deleted my account many months ago except for one time when I tried having it again to see how it would go. I ended up seeing she liked a friends photo and I stupidly decided to click her username and browse her profile. Big mistake - a ton of anxiety ensued. I deleted my account soon after creating a new one and haven't made another account since. I guess my question is: how long should I wait until I make a new Instagram account? The problem is we have a fair amount of mutual friends and it's only a matter of time before I see her name pop up on a photo she liked. It's likely she's going to try to make me notice her by following people I'm following and liking/commenting on their photos knowing I'll see it.

Instagram has a really awful blocking feature where you: a) have to go to the person's profile to block them; b) you can still see their profile / photos after blocking them; c) you still see their username on photos they liked after you've blocked them. I really wish Instagram would implement a blocking feature similar to what happens when you block someone on Facebook (i.e. you never see their profile or traces of their existence again on Facebook and you don't have to go to their profile to block them). I was seriously considering starting a petition to get Instagram's attention to modify how their blocking works haha I've tried contacting them numerous times about the issue and they're very hard to contact. When I did find a way to contact them they just referred me to their page on how to block someone (which I'm already fully aware of and wasn't addressing what I was saying to them).

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do? Ideally I'd love to get Instagram back and be rest assured that I'll never have that temptation to look at her profile once I've blocked her. I'd like to think I'm strong enough to resist the temptation to look at her profile if I saw her name pop up but I feel like I'd eventually cave in to the curiosity. What feels like the best route to take is to continue with my hiatus from Instagram until I'm fully healed from this situation or if Instagram updated their blocking feature then I would be fairly safe to create a new account.

Any advice would be extremely awesome! You guys always say exactly what I need to hear. Hope everyone is doing well :D

Jun 8 - 1PM
troubleswillbegone
troubleswillbegone's picture

Thanks everyone for the

Jun 4 - 7PM
Journey
Journey's picture

Why not stay off Instagram if

Journey on...

Jun 4 - 5PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture