How to Handle a Hoover?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 29 - 10AM
Lacey
Lacey's picture

How to Handle a Hoover?

I’m NC almost two years, but ex-N sends out hoovers from time to time in the form of emails or messages through unsuspecting others. I have a FB page and I’m also the administrator of a page affiliated with my school as well as one for my high school class. Ex-N is a member of the class, but he is blocked on all three pages.

I received a message from a mutual friend yesterday chastising me for having the ex-N blocked. She said that regardless of what transpired between the N and me, he’s a class member and should have the right to comment on the posts. A very religious woman who lost both her husband and a son to early deaths, she obviously buys his BS about what a devoted Christian husband and father he is.

So my question: Do I address my past with the ex-N with this friend? The short story is that he led a “double life” for the 2-1/2 years we were together, posing as a divorcing father eager to start a life with me while he was actively pursuing his wife to take him back following his chronic adultery. He is also the textbook N: intelligent, charming, and very convincing. I ignored every red flag while we were together, and THAT resulted in a full year of psychotherapy just to undo the damage.

My therapist would have told me to block her, and that was my initial instinct, but I’m not the shell I was almost two years ago. I’m tired of his hoovers and I feel that with so many mutual friends he’ll just keep using them until he’s exposed to some degree. On the other hand, why should I worry about what this or any other friend thinks? It’s MY page and I’m entitled to block anyone I choose.

Thank you for any feedback you might have.

Jun 3 - 8PM
Tired of going back
Tired of going back's picture

Ignore ignore ignore. You

May 30 - 7AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Two

May 29 - 11PM
Willow
Willow's picture

I'm with Hunter - I'd block