something my dad said.....

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 26 - 7AM
takingbabysteps
takingbabysteps's picture

something my dad said.....

I have relgiously been reading the blogs and this morning one of them struck a chord. It is not so much my most recent experience, but all my past relationships were about me making someone's life better. I remembered that when I was about to be married the first time, as my dad and I were standing at the entrance of the church waiting to walk down that aisle, he looked at me and said you can back out up until you say I do! I remember looking at him and thinking wth was that to say to your daughter on her wedding day? He had earlier said that I shouldn't marry this guy because I didn't love him...I felt sorry for him. He was right! I mean I did love him, but maybe I loved him because he needed me. My 2nd husband was the same but totally opposite. Different type of N, but nevertheless a N. Then this last guy, the most textbook user...I keep reading my life over and over again. I would have never considered my dad a N....but he was! He taught me all this and my mom taught me to be putting up with it. I would ask her why she just didn't divorce my dad and she would say, "where would I go?". She was trapped, but I don't have to be. My parents were good people, and they loved each other, but unfortunately it wasn't healthy love. I have some more reading to do and some soul searching, but I think I am on the right track!!!

Jun 2 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Yes sounds like you are on the right track