So happy I found this site!!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 5 - 10AM
takingbabysteps
takingbabysteps's picture

So happy I found this site!!

Just want to express how relieved I am to have found this website! Honestly, everytime I start to feel that gnawing feeling of doubt and giving in to my urge to look at my his or the "love of his lifes" facebook, I go to this site and read a comment or twenty until the feeling passes!

When I first started reading, I wasn't sure if my ex was a narcissist or not. I believe he is, but like many here...I wonder if everything was my fault! I could have done better...What did I do wrong? Now I am amazed at how many characteristics and things they say are the same.

The phrase "you think too much" was the one that caught me today. From the beginning or our time together which was 8 years ago, I was constantly told that I think too much when I questioned or had a nagging feeling about anything. I began to not think at all. If ever I wanted to talk about anything, I was told to not bring up the past. Even if the past was a transgression that occurred yesterday. He would say "We were not going to get anywhere if I kept bringing up the past". Followed by, "you think too much".

He didn't want me to think because I was right in my suspicions, doubts, etc. These days "I am trying really hard not to "think too much" about him and his happy new life with a woman he has cheated with probably since he met her. It just makes me nauseated. I keep picturing him getting his act together, they seem so happy. I know I just have to stop thinking too much and let it go. Just is not that easy...thanks for listening.

May 6 - 7AM
BlairoRoberto
BlairoRoberto's picture

Sounds familliar

May 5 - 8PM
Annjennings1958
Annjennings1958's picture

think too much

May 5 - 9PM (Reply to #5)
MeFirst
MeFirst's picture

It's All In Your Head!!!!