Isn't forgiveness between me and my God/HP?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 5 - 12AM
DiscoveringDeb
DiscoveringDeb's picture

Isn't forgiveness between me and my God/HP?

Thanks to Goldie and my wonderful group members, I woke up today and felt like I had turned a corner. I realized that for 5 months now I have been focused on defending myself against the narc's pronunciations about me, and decided that I need to write a new story of my life moving forward. When ai got to work this morning, my co-worker, who has been a wonderful friend/advocate/supporter of me since the beginning of my relationship with him, noticed and asked about my demeanor this morning. The day went well and, for the first time in five months, I felt more at peace with myself and my life.
Tonight (again)I have realized that I have to be my own "cheerleader" in this journey. Not many will understand or empathize with where I have been. I was out with some girlfriends and, once again, one challenged me to "forgive the narc". I tried to tell her where I am at the present moment, but she would not back down and kept persisting in telling me I had to "forgive him".
I realized, that maybe this woman wasn't my friend. I may eventually come to a place of forgiveness, but who the hell is she to tell me that I. HAVE to do this??
I am setting boundaries dammit, and I will live my life in MY terms. I was ready and starting to walk out of the restaurant and another of the women friends jumped up and followed me to the door. She told me " Deb, I was with a narc and ai will NEVER forgive himJust give us a break because you make us all uncomfortable..in facing our own fears and shortcomings."

Damn... What huge lessons in a couple of days, Thanks Goldie.

Deb

Apr 5 - 4PM
DiscoveringDeb
DiscoveringDeb's picture

Gratefulness

Apr 5 - 9PM (Reply to #11)
Goldie
Goldie's picture

You are a shining Star Deb!

Apr 5 - 1PM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

To me, at this time,

Apr 5 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Deb

Apr 5 - 1PM (Reply to #8)
ItsFinallytime
ItsFinallytime's picture

" I woke up today and felt

Apr 5 - 10AM
yana
yana's picture

I know that my many sins

Apr 5 - 9AM
Janie53
Janie53's picture

Deb

Apr 5 - 9AM
BlairoRoberto
BlairoRoberto's picture

The one person I need to forgive

Apr 5 - 8AM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Tell that woman ( not your

Apr 5 - 4AM
aurora
aurora's picture

So good to hear

Apr 5 - 9AM (Reply to #2)
Portia
Portia's picture

Forgiveness is not condoning unacceptable behavior. . .