Supply equals energy

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 9 - 2PM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

Supply equals energy

I was thinking while reading a thread this morning about re-engaging with a Narcissist after a period of abstinence.

It is really all about the transfer of energy. They are looking for energy (source, supply, attention, drama, distraction) and they will hoover, call, email, text, drive-by etc to get it.

We do it too. We unblock, we email, we drive-by, we frequent old places...looking for something, and that thing boils down to energy...we are looking to get something from the Narc...break it down, and what we want is energy from the relationship.

And that we have in common with the Narc!

Low on juice? Energize!

Truth is...we don't get juice from narcs, we get battery acid poured all over us. Never feels good...it equals negative energy every single time.

A boundary set by us, for us, keeps the energy transfer unavailable. I really do think of it this way with the exwn...looking back I can see she was looking for my energy, my lifeforce, to feed her. In the early days I gave it to her, hoping to get her back. And honestly, fearful that if I didn't answer her calls, she would go looking someplace else....how stupid of me to not have realized that she was seeking energy everywhere she went...I wasn't a special source...I was just "a" source!

Now, if she is out of gas, out of energy, she has to go someplace else to fill up. This energy station is closed to her. I don't put myself in a position to be drained.

ds

Mar 12 - 5AM
aurora
aurora's picture

Addiction and supply

Mar 12 - 1PM (Reply to #7)
TDbfree
TDbfree's picture

Piece of favorite pie

Mar 13 - 2PM (Reply to #9)
shock and awe.some
shock and awe.some's picture