Realistic dream

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 16 - 11PM
Healingslowly_b...
Healingslowly_but getting there's picture

Realistic dream

I'm over two years out now. I'm still healing, still have a few flashbacks, and he still crosses my mind everyday in one way or another but generally I'm really doing great. I'm on holiday at the moment in Egypt and I'm lucky enough to be sat at the moment on a balcony over looking the sunrise on the Red Sea but I felt compelled to write this because of a dream I had last night
In my dream, I had allowed the narc back in as a friend in my life and was secretly hoping that he would fall madly in love with me. He was charming of course and love bombed me massively but then handed me a letter as he left me that day. It read that he could no longer be my friend as it was too hard. I read the date that was on the letter and it was dated the day before. So as we all know even in my dream he had planned his exit as they do in real life. The pain of the d&d in my dream was horrific and I wanted to call him to ask why etc etc.... Oh it was just awful , I really felt those feelings. Then I woke up and you know those first few moments after you wake when you feel panicky after a vivid dream , well I felt really sick and then realised it was a dream and laid back and ran it through my mind.
The memories of the monsters they are and the things they did, fade over time and it was just terrible to feel that feeling again. It really shook me.
I want everyone on this forum only to have memories of these feelings and not to feel them for real.
It's so important to follow the steps, go completely nc and start a new life.
I never imagined in the early days that I would ever pick myself up and start living again, I could only just make lunch for the kids but last night I was in the middle of a dance night with a load of strangers, making new friends and laughing and having fun.
A new life is possible and even though hiccups like this dream occur which I hope doesn't stay in my mind all day, we can live again after the narc experience and can find indifference.
Big hugs to all on this journey :-)

Feb 18 - 6PM
ididni
ididni's picture

Thank you for this dream! I

Feb 17 - 10AM
spinning
spinning's picture

I am sorry for your

spinning

Feb 17 - 4AM
aurora