Narcophobia

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 15 - 7PM
SECM1968
SECM1968's picture

Narcophobia

Hello everyone,

XN is a colleague, so I can't be completely NC. However, I have been LC for ten months now. It was hard at first, but I don't struggle so much with it any more.

The thing I continue to battle, however, is what I describe as "Narcophobia". The thought of being in is presence, and unavoidably so, gives me anxiety, sweats, fear, nausea. It's the same sort of terror I feel about mice; if I were forced to be in a room with one, it would do my head in.

I have read a lot about phobias, and one of the common treatments is "desensitization". Looking at a mouse, moving closer to a mouse, sitting next to a mouse, touching a mouse. Ugh! No way I want to do any of that with XN!

I am just wondering if anyone else here has expressed similar, and your thoughts on overcoming it? This is a hurdle I am really struggling to clear, and it's getting in the way of my recovery. I've even considered going to a hypnotherapist.

I am also trying to get another job, but no luck so far. Not a lot going in my industry, and I can't afford to resign.

Wisdom, anyone?

Thanks.

SECM

Feb 20 - 8PM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

I dub him "Sir Narcroll"

Feb 20 - 8PM (Reply to #6)
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

For accuracy I submit the following

Feb 20 - 9PM (Reply to #8)