The Rollercoaster

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 7 - 11PM
SF
SF's picture

The Rollercoaster

It has been 7 months since I gave back the ring. Five months since I ended the last Hoovering, a week after which he has the married OW in the picture - although I know she was around before that. Hes'a neighbor. I have his daughter in class. Yadda, yadda, yadda... I had to spend an hour or so at a school function of which both our children were a part the other night. No problem. No emotion, No communication. All was well.
Today, a friend of mine who has known him for years, and happens to be best friends with his ex GF's sister, stopped to chat. Before she left, it came out that since our breakup last July, he has also been seeing his exGF, the one who had lived with him before we met. I had emailed her the night I gave the ring back telling her that he had had an affair while she was living with him, as she had suspected, but that it wasn't with me, it was another mutual friend of theirs. He had revealed that to me about a year-and-a-half into our relationship. He had never told her. He was condescending and mean to her. He told her one morning she had 24 hours to get her things and her daughter out of his house. I was with him (unfortunately) for four years and he proposed to me, which he had not done to her, and she was very hurt by this. She hated him. was so happy to be free of him, and he Hoovered her back in again.
I am in shock. Not that he is doing this or that they are seeing each other again, I totally believe he has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and this just once again fits the behavior patterns. I am shocked that every few days, despite my avoiding him, doing all the work to heal myself, and actually being happy again, I see or hear or have some contact that confirms my decision to get him out of my life. I didn't see who he really is and actually believed that we were going to be married and spend the rest of our lives together.
It is unbelievable that I let a person with such a twisted sense of entitlement and warped mentality into the most intimate parts of my life and my children's lives.
Again, without this site as a source of information and a place to vent, I cannot imagine where I would be right now.
Thanking God for sending me another message that I made the right decision...

Feb 8 - 7AM
TDbfree
TDbfree's picture

SF, I haven't been here long,

Feb 8 - 4AM
StrongasDandelion
StrongasDandelion's picture

So sorry you was involved